Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Molag kena helm buff or no

Drdeath20
Drdeath20
✭✭✭✭✭
Should the duration be increased by a few seconds to make this set more desirable again

Molag kena helm buff or no 65 votes

Yes increase the duration by a few seconds
64%
Zelosjosh.lackey_ESOArwyrWingSkoomahHymzirDarkmage1337FearlessOne_2014ReverbEmma_OverloadVaohLord-OttoCloudlessTreniaTheHsNFischblutEllyhanfireraptureDrdeath20RouDeR 42 votes
No leave it as is
10%
Zer0_CooLWeisstagQbikenNyassaVWildRaptorXNordic__KnightsWyrd88 7 votes
Other
24%
CasterialKadoozySodanTokrosendoichinoveb17_ESODerraDojohodaKappaKid83J18696ZeroXFFyeplebNeloth290Vig0rzvingarmoApxaciRaivyneUrzigurumash 16 votes
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    I've used this set recently. It is very easy to use. I could easily see when I needed to do 2 consecutive light attacks.

6 seconds seems ok. Are you wanting the set to fit better in a rotation?
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes i think if it lasted atleast 8 seconds it would have enough time to last a full rotation.

It still has the 20% cost increase, it still requires 2 consecutive LA's and its still an extremely short buff.

It just has wayy too much downside.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Other monster 2p play in the same ballbark as 5p sets. Now compare Kena to new moon acolyte.

The procc condition is awkward in esos combat system and the negative effect is WAY overblown for the benefit it provides.

I´d love to see the cost increase reduced to 6% and the duration slightly increased or the procc condition changed altogether.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to see Kena and other useless monster sets be buffed to be viable.
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I remember when this set was BiS for every Sorc in PvE. Pop Overload ulti and pew pew..
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proc condition can be reduced to 1 medium atack too. 2 LAs are there so you can control the proc. You can control it with MA.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Double the duration, half the cost increase, and make it only grant Weapon Power, and only melee Weapon Power. And only on DKs
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    It needs the proc condition to be changed so that it can seamlessly fit into a rotation. The duration should be changed according to what this condition is. For example if the proc condition was bashing (can be placed at any point in a rotation), 6 seconds is enough.

If it's going to keep the current proc condition though, it definitely needs an increase in duration to make up for the DPS loss of not using a skill between those 2 light attacks.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    In all seriousness, I think the question is whether anybody uses it all? Do Werewolves use it? Are there still heavy attack based magicka builds in Elegance using it?

Surely we all want to use this set, but find its proc condition and short duration frustrating. If either were changed might we not all equip it? Not that there's anything wrong with that, for the most part only a handful of monster sets see much endgame use in either mode.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Increase its duration
    Decrease its cost penalty
    Change the condition that it proc's

Something must be done.

I understand the pvp concerns but its just not right as is now.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    @Drdeath20

Thing is this one can only be reasonably compared to Balorgh and Domihaus. Which will perform the best out of the 3 is heavily dependent on build type. I'm all for buffing Balorgh and Domihaus also, but in my view, not one of these sets can be evaluated without comparison to other 2.

In other words, I think it would be ideal if roughly 33% of players found 1 of the 3 to be the superior choice for their build. I have no idea what the spread would be on that now.
  • iRaivyne
    iRaivyne
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    I'm ok with the duration, I would rather see the cost increase go down... Especially given all the cost increase coming in update 24
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every monster set (except Zaan) needs a buff. I'm tired of having only one viable monster set as a magicka DD.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I use 2PC Kena on 4 toons, all redguards and all in VO because I do not give a ***.

The set, currently, is terrible. RG is the ONLY race that can run Kena effectively, and even then can't do it efficiently (even with VO) without the aid of some added regen.

I've already addressed why this set is a load of garbage right now and you have to specifically build for it.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/463923/molag-kena-set-cost-increase-is-additive-from-the-base-cost#latest
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No leave it as is
    The_Lex wrote: »
    I remember when this set was BiS for every Sorc in PvE. Pop Overload ulti and pew pew..

You can't read between the lines and see that's exactly what they're wanting knowing that overload is broken as it is
  • Centurionax
    Centurionax
    ✭✭✭
    If you dont have minor berserk you can just go slimecraw this should resoult in kind of the same damage output
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every monster set (except Zaan) needs a buff. I'm tired of having only one viable monster set as a magicka DD.

Yeah. Nerieneth needs a buff real bad, maybe even a re-work. Compared to Skoria it's very difficult to hit anything.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No leave it as is
    It´s a pretty decent set for werewolfs in PvE still :)
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You can't read between the lines and see that's exactly what they're wanting knowing that overload is broken as it is

I was providing some low hanging fruit so people would come to that conclusion. So far, you're the first one who saw it.

This is why it was nerfed in the first place.

Edited by The_Lex on October 15, 2019 1:32PM
  • techprince
    techprince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reduce the requirement of 2LA to 1LA and reduce the cost increase to 10%. New Moon set provides much much better stats at the skill cost of +5%.
  • KappaKid83
    KappaKid83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I think in the current state of the game it needs to be looked at and reworked. It just doesn't bring the same oomph it had before and doesn't really stand out as something unique.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give me 8 seconds, that’s all I ask on my ww.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My werewolf like it as it is
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Again, how does it compare on your build to Balorgh or Domihaus? Comparisons to any other sets of any kind are in my view misguided

Balorgh and Domihaus both suffer severe limitations of their own
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No leave it as is

I was providing some low hanging fruit so people would come to that conclusion. So far, you're the first one who saw it.

This is why it was nerfed in the first place.

Yeah but with the sorc population in the destruction of every other class I mean why not I think I'll be playing my sorc again I loved to have an overload build again 😆 😆 😆
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again, how does it compare on your build to Balorgh or Domihaus? Comparisons to any other sets of any kind are in my view misguided

Balorgh and Domihaus both suffer severe limitations of their own

Yeah most monster sets need to be looked at. For mag damage dealers theres Zaan for close range single target, grothdarr for close range AoE and skoria for all around DPS.

Barlogh is a pvp set bcz most of the time players sit on ultimates in pve until certain boss phases. That would be a tough set to buff bcz there really is no downside to it and a small change could abuse an exploit.

Domihaus is a neat idea but the only change it needs, is to have everything inside its ring take damage and not just what touches the ring itself. It doesnt have to be as powerful as grothdarr bcz it has other effects to it but a small bump like that would make all the difference. Again there really is no downside to wearing this set other than that you are wearing a 2nd tier or 3rd tier monster set.

Even slimeclaw needs a buff. As a stand alone set its pretty on point but the problem is the 2piece is wasted in most groups. Most groups im in already give me minor beserk. I think it should have a caveat to it. If afected with minor beserk while wearing slimeclaw then you recieve minor prophecy/savagery.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    @Drdeath20

I agree Balorgh is in no need of a buff, but it will only outperform 1 piece Balorgh / 1 piece Kena or 1 piece Domi / 1 piece Kena on a particular build / playstle - obviously one using Ultimates of high enough cost to make the short duration worth it.

As for Domihaus, I actually enjoy using the 2 piece, but I regard the AOE damage component as irrelevant. To me the ring only serves to indicate where I will receive the damage buff. My dream for this set is for it to be an offensive version of Lord Warden. This would probably make this set quite popular in both PvE and group PvP, the latter being the only place I generally use it, as its stationary nature is a severe limitation in most 1v1 engagements. It is incidentally BIS for playing as a Damage Tank in PvE*, but of course this is a sub-optimal playstyle in general. I would be fine if they did away with the ring damage altogether and just left it to indicate the area of damage buffing. It is possible some MagDKs enjoy the ring damage for sustain (StamDK cannot proc the fire ring, only the rock ring) but I have almost never seen the fire ring in action. I occasionally see the rock ring on other players in PvP. I suspect Grothdarr is almost universally preferred for mag players, and generally mag players aren't trying to push their spell damage as high as stam players try to push their weapon damage. Grothdarr almost assuredly will confer more BSW and Combustion procs.

Overall, out of all the combinations of pieces of Kena, Domi, and Balorgh, I can most strongly recommend 1 piece Domi, 1 piece Kena/Balorgh. To me this is more useful than 1 piece Kena / 1 piece Balorgh, but as a StamDK I rely on magicka for many class utility abilities.

As for Slimecraw I only see it recommended on VMA & Hybrid PvP builds, and have never used it. You are correct that this set belongs in a group with these other 3.

* - based on my rather lazy efforts at testing this on dummies

Edited by Urzigurumash on October 15, 2019 11:27PM
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Molag Kena set desperately needs a buff. It's already been said countless times in this thread and others -- increase the duration and decrease the penalty.
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah. Nerieneth needs a buff real bad, maybe even a re-work. Compared to Skoria it's very difficult to hit anything.

Zaan is like a 1.5-2k DPS increase over Skoria, so I would hardly call it viable either (the only reason to ever use it is in fights where you can't stay in melee range). All the magicka monster sets (Nerieneth, Skoria, Ilambris, Grothdar) need buffs/reworks.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on October 16, 2019 4:51AM