The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

[Bug Report] All applied DoTs by NBs are pulling them out of Cloak/Shadowy Disguise in PTS

nesakinter
nesakinter
✭✭✭✭
Any damage tick of a DoT applied by a NB is bringing them out of Cloak/Shadowy Disguise in PTS. Also same thing is happening with Ballista.

Tested skills -

Poison Injection
Carve
Rending Slashes
Ballista
Dawnbreaker of Smiting
Thrive in Chaos
Edited by nesakinter on October 12, 2019 10:12PM
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Working as intended. This escape mechanic is way to strong. You're about to die in a 1v1, cloak. You need resources, cloak. The skill should be that all DOTs drop off from the opponent when a NB goes into cloak...
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, leave as is. Stop hiding in the shadows and expecting to still be doing damage. Good ninja nerf by Zos.
  • Thanatos_inside
    Thanatos_inside
    ✭✭✭
    Its unofficial nerf, next step is deleting
  • SipofMaim
    SipofMaim
    ✭✭✭✭
    headdesk

Nvm. Good luck with our fun new patch everybody.
    Edited by SipofMaim on October 13, 2019 12:21AM
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let’s make cloak a mini game. You use the skill 3 times in a row within 6 seconds then it actually cloaks you while gaining the additional functionality of suppressing DoTs. Counterplay
    Edited by Fur_like_snow on October 13, 2019 1:01AM
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm seems to have been doing that for me on live forever. I thought it was normal.
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when you post about cloak, do it directly through PTS report thingy. all you'll ever get here regarding cloak is hate.

• josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope it's an official change.

Okay, not really. But I do hope there is a change where damage will continue to apply while you are cloaked.

That includes both DoTs and attacks that were fired before Cloak activated.

I don't think the damage should pull you out of Cloak, but having everything miss is too powerful. It should be invisibility, not invulnerability.
    Edited by josh.lackey_ESO on October 13, 2019 3:07PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they need to say, hey we *** up so badly this patch we are going to skip it and keep working on it for another month before releasing it.
    Edited by Iskiab on October 13, 2019 3:25PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, lets nerf Cloak while ignoring that most Nb builds don't reach the break points for defense which are needed to survive without it. I have some more nerf ideas: Remove block healing, nerf Mending, Vitality and Protection, give shields and burst heals a stacking cost, nerf Purge and introduce diminshing returns on armor stacking. Because you know, lets nerf everything which I am not using : )
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • MusCanus
    MusCanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We also need a potion that prevents shielding of any kind for 15 seconds in the vicinity.
  • Pijng
    Pijng
    ✭✭✭
    Abyssmol wrote: »
    Working as intended. This escape mechanic is way to strong. You're about to die in a 1v1, cloak. You need resources, cloak. The skill should be that all DOTs drop off from the opponent when a NB goes into cloak...

I may surprise you but the other morph is much stronger, just fyi
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kalunte wrote: »
    when you post about cloak, do it directly through PTS report thingy. all you'll ever get here regarding cloak is hate.

What is this "PTS report thingy" you are referring to? I've found that cloak on the PTS now no longer guarantees crit, which I find equally troublesome. I'd like to make sure I go through the right channels.
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Laughs in Reflective Plate
  • nesakinter
    nesakinter
    ✭✭✭✭
    Langeston wrote: »
    kalunte wrote: »

What is this "PTS report thingy" you are referring to? I've found that cloak on the PTS now no longer guarantees crit, which I find equally troublesome. I'd like to make sure I go through the right channels.

Typing /bug in chat opens a direct report option
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh Look, another patch where cloak is broken by something unintended. Another gamebreaking bug with NB skill that probably won't be fixed for another year. Awesome, can we just delete NB class?
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »

None of those are devs,

Giliam is something like QA

Gina is Community manager

Brian is combat lead designer

And Garret is (i forgot what part he has)
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    MusCanus wrote: »
    We also need a potion that prevents shielding of any kind for 15 seconds in the vicinity.

Then these magsorcs will know how WE feel with detect pots

Soo for some of the zerglings in this thread who want cloak nerfed here are some counters:

Any aoe. Everyone has access to.
    Detect skills. Everyone has access to.
    Detect pots. Everyone has access to.

Cloak to a NB is what purge is to a templar. Imagine if all you zergplars lost purge. You would be crying on the forums about class identity loss...

Ironic.
  • Grandma
    Grandma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you make a thread as if they have any intention of fixing anything that happens with the next patch.
    GH / 3/04/2021 / Elemental Catalyst Necromancer
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RouDeR wrote: »
    susmitds wrote: »

None of those are devs,

Giliam is something like QA

Gina is Community manager

Brian is combat lead designer

And Garret is (i forgot what part he has)

Garret is the one who said in an interview with Turelus:

Slowing Down Content Releases and the Great Fix Patch:
    "I spoke with Rob about the fast release of updates and if ZOS had considered doing a “Great Fix Patch” for one of their updates. He said it’s a question they get a lot and whilst it’s not off the table they as a company do need to produce for everyone and a majority of the bugs and issues faced are not ones everyone encounters or are drastically halting gameplay, as such they need to continue creating content for people who want new content to play and and don’t play at the higher level to notice if a skill or mechanic works a little wonky."
    :/
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Supposed to be fixed:(

Fixed an issue where dealing Physical, Poison, or Disease-based Damage over Time would break stealth.
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fixed an issue where dealing Physical, Poison, or Disease-based Damage over Time would break stealth.

So, not only did they not fix it, they actually made it worse by removing the 100% chance to crit. Nice.

What a garbage class.
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Langeston wrote: »

So, not only did they not fix it, they actually made it worse by removing the 100% chance to crit. Nice.

What a garbage class.

Garbage class or garbage devs??
    Edited by jadarock on October 15, 2019 9:15PM
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shade works again since almost a year, they try to nerf it because of tooltip. Now cloak is being broken by your own dots and crit attack bonus doesn't work... Ok... I'm starting to worry it will take as much time as fixing shade. I thought this patch will be pretty good, ZOS finally listens to people, they make some good changes and now this. Always, there need to be always some gamebreaking poo they introduce in the end of PTS which goes to live and doesn't get fixed till next patch. This bug will kill NBs if won't get fixed fast.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • sproattt
    sproattt
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe what there doing with nightblades it's a shame, i dont think Ile ever comeback to ESO unfortunately. When did they stealth nerf cloak? Couldn't see it on p notes anywhere.
    Stamblade Main.
  • Kikazaru
    Kikazaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe that there are players hoping that this is actually intended. I mean, what other aspects of cloaking is driving the player crazy besides "I can't catch you! Please stop cloaking so damn much! So stupid!"; that it is such a nuisance to deal with. Are you getting OBLITERATED instantly every time the nb cloaks and goes for the counter-attack? Those who appear to be cloaking a lot knows that the fight isn't in their favor and/or are way too squishy to deal with some players head on.

This is definitely a "l2p" issue. I have fought a lot of great players who know how to deal my cloak with much ease. There are an assortment of ways to deal with troublesome nbs using detect pots, AoEs skills, Piercing mark, revealing flares, expert hunter, magelight, streak, and sets that increase detection radius. Learn to use them!

Mizaru

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”