The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Poison injection DD portion change?

Dr_Ganknstein
Dr_Ganknstein
✭✭✭✭✭
I've heard they are increasing the DD portion of PI since the dot part is being super nerfed. I cant seem to find this in any of the notes though. Any of this true?
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They expanded the execute function of the skill to also apply to the direct damage portion. Except the execute multiplier was also nerfed as part of Scalebreaker, and they never got around to restoring it.

It's trash. Not even remotely adequate compensation.
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheYKcid wrote: »
    They expanded the execute function of the skill to also apply to the direct damage portion. Except the execute multiplier was also nerfed as part of Scalebreaker, and they never got around to restoring it.

I liked it before they messed with it.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the looks and sounds they killed off bow user's as they are killing the game as we know it
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snipe is killing the game not lethal arrow. Everywhere I go there is just people using the health dysinc exploit with snipe, you don't even notice it hitting you after you already got hit by like two to three snipes. There had been times where I would see the guy come out of stealth and hit me with their dawnbreaker and execute combo, you know the usual....I try to dodge and counter attack but then I instantly die for no reason at all.... his snipes were so freaking delayed that it took maybe two seconds to register. My recap read that I got hit by two snipes prior while the guy was already all up in my face going hard with dawnbreaker, spamming with light attacks and executioner. Yea ok seems legit.

Snipe is a joke and should be removed from the game.
    Edited by Kalante on October 15, 2019 11:15PM
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kalante wrote: »
    Snipe is killing the game not lethal arrow

Lethal arrow is a poison morph of snipe. That said I haven't been killed by either in a long time. Its not like its knocking people into the air right into an onslaught.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snipe is killing the game not lethal arrow. Everywhere I go there is just people using the health dysinc exploit with snipe, you don't even notice it hitting you after you already got hit by like two to three snipes. There had been times where I would see the guy come out of stealth and hit me with their dawnbreaker and execute combo, you know the usual....I try to dodge and counter attack but then I instantly die for no reason at all.... his snipes were so freaking delayed that it took maybe two seconds to register. My recap read that I got hit by two snipes prior while the guy was already all up in my face going hard with dawnbreaker, spamming with light attacks and executioner. Yea ok seems legit.

Is anytime an bowskill talked about you have to bring up snipe I mean does it really kill you that much because if so I think you might want to change game buddy
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on October 15, 2019 11:19PM
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is anytime an bowskill talked about you have to bring up snipe I mean does it really kill you that much because if so I think you might want to change game buddy

Thats rich coming from you
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snipe for life.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats rich coming from you

Yep the bow king 😆 thing is i dont use plan snipe and i use it in an rotation because it works better that way and i dont mind giving skilled players that know how to counter me that right
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    What does a sniper do?
    Pick off high value targets from long range, and provide reconnaissance (not as useful for eso)

What does snipe do?
    Pick of players from long range.

The only change i think should happen is a 1.5 cast time and a 20% damage buff. Less spam.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been messing around with the venomous arrow morph and it's not bad. But for PI think the execute damage on the dd portion might be nice actually.
    Edited by Dr_Ganknstein on October 16, 2019 1:27PM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Icky wrote: »
    TheYKcid wrote: »

I liked it before they messed with it.

That sentence can be used to sum up just about every set of patch notes after 2015.
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone explain why do you think injection's damage got nerfed with math? They reduced the execution bonus and buffed base damage. At the end, it deals same damage at %1 enemy hp and deal more damage than old version in all hp percentages. Did I made calculation error.

To OP: all dots are nerfed. PI is best dot if enemy have low hp. If all dots are nerfed equaly, PI still will be best dot if enemy have low hp.
    Edited by Luckylancer on October 16, 2019 6:33PM
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone explain why do you think injection's damage got nerfed with math? They reduced the execution bonus and buffed base damage. At the end, it deals same damage at %1 enemy hp and deal more damage than old version in all hp percentages. Did I made calculation error.

To OP: all dots are nerfed. PI is best dot if enemy have low hp. If all dots are nerfed equaly, PI still will be best dot if enemy have low hp.

They increased the dot damage last patch and are going to be nerfing it down significantly. The dot portion will be worthless except for killing afk people
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Cant bother finding the exact numbers so from memory.

Scalebreaker patch:
    Direct hit nerfed by 17% normal and in execute (well since it had no execute scaling)
    DoT portion buffed by 73% normal and nerfed by 4% execute (1*1.73*2 vs 1*3.6)

Dragonhold
    Direct hit stays nerfed 17% normal but with 100% execute scaling is now 66% stronger in execute
    The 73% buffed DoT got nerfed by 63% and rebuffed by 33% (1*1.73*0.37*1.33) which is about 15% nerf normal which makes the execute portion only 70% better than out of execute (normal is 85% as strong as old PI, execute doubles damage). Used to be 360% as strong (or 260% more) which makes the execute 53% weaker than old PI was.

Not big deal in PVE (dmg goes down or up, your dps number changes yadayada) but in PVP that is half as much pressure done. So on top of improved healing its also double the chance for target to jump above execute threshold. In theory execute on direct portion has impact, in practice PI isnt used to apply on target in execute, thats already late (2s from direct hit to first tick).

Only way they can remedy this without actually improving the skill or increasing damage is to either shift more power into execute part from the before execute part (rendering the skill useless in PVE above 50%) or disable dynamic execute adjusting so the skill still deals execute damage when applied on target in execute range even if they heal to full to actually give it reason to cast it in execute range and get any value from the direct hit buff.