Maintenance for the week of April 1:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 1

Sword Between Feet

Casterial
Casterial
✭✭✭✭✭
Please fix this.
Nothing more in the world bugs me than not seeing my weapon and punching because the sword is between my legs. This goes for all weapons.

This is my biggest issue right now, why is it not fixed on pts? First weapon swapping on Mount makes you toss and turn, now this?

Firstly, the weapon between legs is game altering because it's not hard to memorize bars, you look at your center of screen, not your bars in end game. How do you tell what bar you're on? Your weapon often, but now we can't?

Fix this.
Edited by Casterial on October 8, 2019 5:38PM
Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
The Order of Magnus
Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
For the Daggerfall Covenant
The Last Chillrend Empress
Animation Cancelling
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • Millz
    Millz
    ✭✭✭
    Whats funny is that they did fix it and somehow it came back again and won't be fixed till next quarter
    Brenhji
    PC NA - 400 cp
    (Retired) XBOX NA - 1006 cp

---Say no to standardization---
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Millz wrote: »
    Whats funny is that they did fix it and somehow it came back again and won't be fixed till next quarter

Meh development, items like these are almost P0 because it's game altering. I think P3 crap that they're working on should be haulted until this is fixed. Many bash on games like WoW but this crap wouldn't slide.

Honestly, this should be fixed this PTS it's just getting worse

Edited by Casterial on October 8, 2019 5:47PM
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • fierackas
    fierackas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Resists urge to make a rude joke
    Edited by fierackas on October 8, 2019 5:56PM
  • Millz
    Millz
    ✭✭✭
    @Casterial Yeah what I've come to the conclusion of is that the code has gone through to many changes and developers that it's so butchered that things will always be broken. I totally get it too but this happens with poor management and bad coding practice.
    Brenhji
    PC NA - 400 cp
    (Retired) XBOX NA - 1006 cp

---Say no to standardization---
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Millz wrote: »
    @Casterial Yeah what I've come to the conclusion of is that the code has gone through to many changes and developers that it's so butchered that things will always be broken. I totally get it too but this happens with poor management and bad coding practice.

I want them to open source some code for us to read and see how bad the comments are alone.
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casterial wrote: »
    Please fix this.
    Nothing more in the world bugs me than not seeing my weapon and punching because the sword is between my legs. This goes for all weapons.

This is my biggest issue right now, why is it not fixed on pts? First weapon swapping on Mount makes you toss and turn, now this?

Firstly, the weapon between legs is game altering because it's not hard to memorize bars, you look at your center of screen, not your bars in end game. How do you tell what bar you're on? Your weapon often, but now we can't?

Fix this.

As was helpfully pointed out to me by whom I cannot recall, you can fix this when it happens by toggling the “hide helmet” option on and off. :) Yes, it would be great if it were fixed to never happen at all, but at least there is a quick fix and you don’t have to relog.

This bug used to happen to me frequently but now has not happened in a while (at least a month I think?).
    Edited by Araneae6537 on October 8, 2019 6:06PM
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »
    Please fix this.

Fix this.

As was helpfully pointed out to me by whom I cannot recall, you can fix this when it happens by toggling the “hide helmet” option on and off.

This bug used to happen to me frequently but now has not happened in a while (at least a month I think?).

Nice! I'll hotkey that I've been unequiping.
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • blee88
    blee88
    ✭✭
    What's amusing is that there has been an add-on by the name of Clutch that fixes this for a while. So there are people who have solved it and fixed the problem in their free time, without being paid. :#

• Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a sword between my leg....

Oooooooooh you mean a SWORD, weapon between the legs. Gotcha.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blee88 wrote: »
    What's amusing is that there has been an add-on by the name of Clutch that fixes this for a while. So there are people who have solved it and fixed the problem in their free time, without being paid. :#

Nice!!
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blee88 wrote: »

Nice!!

It auto hides or activates helmet on hotkey / automatic once weapon falls remarkable hahaha
    Edited by Casterial on October 8, 2019 6:22PM
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The "Clutch" addon fixes this.. so, it can be fixed.
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just terrible to see weapons on ground and empty hands.
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i believe i've found a permanent solution to this.

in gameplay - check the "hide polymorph helmet" option to yes. after doing this, i haven't had the issue occur since.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • Bodži
    Bodži
    ✭✭
    fierackas wrote: »
    Resists urge to make a rude joke

+1
    Why walk when you can ride?
  • LuxLunae
    LuxLunae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please fix this.

Fix this.

I thought they were going to let us ride our swords like a hoverboard and fly around tamriel...