The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

How was this overlooked?

• Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow OP way to put it into words. I've been wondering wtf has been going on when trying to roll dodge. Can't tell you how many times I've tried roll dodging out of a root, accidentally blocked multiple attacks, and now don't have enough stam to roll dodge. I didn't know what exactly was going on though. Horrible change that needs to be reverted.
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
    "A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings all,

After removing a handful of posts, we would like to remind everyone to keep all posts on topic and refrain from derailing the thread.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-

@ZOS_GregoryV can you help get us a real dev response? I was fooled by the "Z" while awaiting to hear of a fix on this issue.
    PC-NA
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ah intersting, I noticed it’s been harder to dodge roll and didn’t know why.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • azjuwelz
    azjuwelz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for clearing this up--thought I'd gotten worse at dodging when I'd been so good at it before. Makes a lot more sense now.

Lately I've been hitting my sprint pad 1st before LT and A, which seems to help. But yes, more stamina spent.
    Xbox-NA
    Guildmaster of Nightmothers Deadly Deals

PVE/PVP Stamblade: Ylandra Silverthorn
    PVE Magwarden healer: Raw'zl Dah Zel
    PVE DK Tank: Greta Feuerwerk
    PVP StamDK: Helga Feuerwerk
    PVP Necro Healer: Dratha Helbain
    PVE Magcro: Dorian Fey
    PVE Magblade: Arivssa Thaoral
    PVE Magsorc: Eldara Birchwood
  • Millz
    Millz
    ✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    This is one of the worst changes that has ever gone

Please revert this.

im sory you dont like this change but many of us DO like this change. and we have been asking for a change like this for a long tiome and we want more changes to jumping, and the fix of this jumping exploit that you guys have been using for a long time.

Literally has nothing to do with the OP subject
    Brenhji
    PC NA - 400 cp
    (Retired) XBOX NA - 1006 cp

---Say no to standardization---
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings all,

After removing a handful of posts, we would like to remind everyone to keep all posts on topic and refrain from derailing the thread.

-Greg-

Thank you for cleaning up the thread. Perhaps you could forward this to the development team or tag one of them for us? Clearly from the responses this is a widespread issue that needs to be corrected.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    That’s why I kept dying
    Thanks zos...

Ez solution. Give xbox a pts
    Done
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always pressed block then A for dodge rolling. I execute it so quickly that the block animation never comes up. I'm sure that I still wind up blocking for about .1 secs, but honestly it's never been an issue.

I would rather have instantly responsive jumps.
    Edited by MurderMostFoul on October 1, 2019 11:29PM
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always pressed block then A for dodge rolling. I execute it so quickly that the block animation never comes up. I'm sure that I still wind up blocking for about .1 secs, but honestly it's never been an issue.

Come on, you're smarter than that. I can animation cancel as fast as anyone on the server, and I've had 7k+ hours in pvp honing my timing. The fact is that the button combination required for dodge roll on console FORCES you to block now, and this is extremely problematic while outnumbered, especially in open world. With the amount of lag in cyrodil, that ".1 seconds" is hardly ever just that. Additionally when dodging on lower stamina, that ".1 seconds" or whatever the lag extends it to is often the difference in having enough stamina to dodge and spending that stamina on the block you're forced to execute.

There also is no need for a "more responsive jump" than simply tapping the A button (or whatever you've re mapped jump to) allows for.
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See I held block prior to hitting A

I'm also very disappointed in myself this being the first of even thinking of hitting and holding A first

I'm further saddened to know I will never have the opportunity to do such
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Tiff_ar15
    Tiff_ar15
    ✭✭
    Wow.. so this explains it. I thought it was me lmao.
    Edited by Tiff_ar15 on October 2, 2019 4:01AM
  • Jem_Kindheart
    Jem_Kindheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use a xbone controller on pc and noticed this change sometime too. (surprisingly the controller is perfectly fluid and fine in trials). But it does cause the jump-blocking a lot more than it should. Like in VSS ice boss you can dodgeroll through the strafe line aoe to get to the other atros, I jump-blocked right onto it a few times hahaha! Now I don't risk it and heal across it which is fine. Idk what exploit this 'fixed' (pvp?) but it introduced clumsiness.
    Longtimer since beta, the usual. 26 CP toons. ~1700cp on main account, 1000cp on 2nd account. Endgame-ish lol. Most Vets / some HM's cleared.
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Come on, you're smarter than that. I can animation cancel as fast as anyone on the server, and I've had 7k+ hours in pvp honing my timing. The fact is that the button combination required for dodge roll on console FORCES you to block now, and this is extremely problematic while outnumbered, especially in open world. With the amount of lag in cyrodil, that ".1 seconds" is hardly ever just that. Additionally when dodging on lower stamina, that ".1 seconds" or whatever the lag extends it to is often the difference in having enough stamina to dodge and spending that stamina on the block you're forced to execute.

There also is no need for a "more responsive jump" than simply tapping the A button (or whatever you've re mapped jump to) allows for.

Ok I don't feel so bad getting my ass handed to me even time I've fought you. 7k+ hours is pretty darn impressive. I try to pick off people between where the other two alliances fight. Not being able to roll dodge outnumbered is a death sentence. Since I'm always solo that's pretty much all the time.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmguy1234 wrote: »

Ok I don't feel so bad getting my ass handed to me even time I've fought you. 7k+ hours is pretty darn impressive. I try to pick off people between where the other two alliances fight. Not being able to roll dodge outnumbered is a death sentence. Since I'm always solo that's pretty much all the time.

Haha yeah I've put in the time to get to where I'm at, so having changes like this that serve no purpose whatsoever while severely hurting the gameplay just make me not want to pick up the controller. It's infuriating dealing with this because it actually breaks controller functionality, it has nothing to do with "adapting" at this point.
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RobGarrett Please give consoles the option to individually customize keys like PC or at least a way to untie Bash and Dodge from auto-block.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Never even thought of dodge rolling this way (I've always blocked + jump), but I can see how it would bug players who have gotten used to doing it the other way around.
  • RighteousBacon
    RighteousBacon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings all,

-Greg-

This thread is spot on, idk what you’re talking about
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never even thought of dodge rolling this way (I've always blocked + jump), but I can see how it would bug players who have gotten used to doing it the other way around.

Yep, super frustrating that they're forcing controllers into an inferior playstyle because they didn't test a pointless change.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_RobGarrett
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Can someone PLEASE comment on this? We are nearing 50 replies of almost 100% negative feedback about this change, and I've very clearly explained why it is problematic and needs to be reverted. We even had a forum mod comment but still somehow no dev acknowledgement? This is exactly what people are talking about when they point out ZOS's lack of communication on important issues.
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, super frustrating that they're forcing controllers into an inferior playstyle because they didn't test a pointless change.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_RobGarrett
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Can someone PLEASE comment on this? We are nearing 50 replies of almost 100% negative feedback about this change, and I've very clearly explained why it is problematic and needs to be reverted. We even had a forum mod comment but still somehow no dev acknowledgement? This is exactly what people are talking about when they point out ZOS's lack of communication on important issues.

I also reported this issue to the class rep named Glorious and they claim that they have addressed this to the dev team. If this is true, that makes the lack of transparency on zos' part even more insulting.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• FrankonPC
    FrankonPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk about you guys, but I personally love jump blocking as I am trying to dodge roll 10 people spamming me with ranged single target abilities. RP Pinata is a pretty nice addition this patch.
  • AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sent a ticket in every day last pts cycle hoping they would fix it before it went live. There was a note in the last patch notes that they knew about it and were working on fixing it. Hmmmmmm
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AMeanOne wrote: »
    I sent a ticket in every day last pts cycle hoping they would fix it before it went live. There was a note in the last patch notes that they knew about it and were working on fixing it. Hmmmmmm

See, this doesn't make any sense to me. The change had no clear intention as far as I can tell. The "fix" should be to simply revert it.
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • BrentBlemish
    BrentBlemish
    ✭✭✭✭
    i know this issue is only going to effect a handful of players. to think its going to effect all console players is just wrong. Some, yes. But me personally, I've been playing on PS4 for over 3 years and ive ALWAYS roll dodged by blocking first. I didn't even know about this hold X then release to jump thing. You learn something new everyday. lol
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I didn't notice this discussion during the last PTS, so I was very confused, as was my spouse, as to why we were suddenly jump blocking a lot of the time. I never really thought about whether I hit block or jump first, as when I learned years ago from the tutorial, it seemed to me you were to push them simultaneously. Which is what I had done up until a few weeks ago, when I realized that holding block first, then pressing jump seemed to work more consistently. I suspect that I was either hitting jump first or hitting them simultaneously, which doesn't work now.
  • Stratforge
    Stratforge
    ✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_RobGarrett
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

@ZOS_GinaBruno how we doing on this? Any follow-up?
    PC NA
    Xbox One NA (retired)
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys i just wanted to tell you that i reported this issue right after it hit PC( i play with PS4 controller), my post was ignored like always and later on you got the trash delivery ;)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/484980/game-breaking-bug-controller-ui-roll-dodging-has-cast-time#latest

anyway, the issue seems to be fixed since several patches ago on PC, idk why is not on console yet
    Edited by RouDeR on October 15, 2019 2:38PM
  • Stratforge
    Stratforge
    ✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_RobGarrett
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Hey so did this get rolled back or not?
    PC NA
    Xbox One NA (retired)
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why did they even touch jumping?

This was their sad attempt to fix the long jump bug. I got news for you ZOS, it didnt work, I'm still long jumping around all the other console plebs! All you did was make the casuals angry :p
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wondered why I miss dodge rolls half the time now... Good info thanks OP
  • Blackleopardex
    Blackleopardex
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't play on console but damn that must suck...
    6 NB: Tank, Healer, Mag/Stam PVE&PVP.
    I don't read long signatures: https://www.youtube.com/user/Blackleopardex