The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Whats the total damage reduction of

Heroeric1337
Heroeric1337
✭✭✭
Since I suck at math, and all the threads of the total damage after nerfs of the abilities are the equation getting to it and not the total reduction, what's the total percent reduction of Wall of elements and Lightning splash?

Best Answer

• Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    18.4% dps nerf for wall's dot portion. Duration buff keep the damage per cast nealy same. But reduce end explosion damage's dps by %20. So wall of elements nerfed to 10 secs with same total damage but dps nerf is more than 18% less.

Splash nerfed 7.4% as dps but have increased damage per cast with duration buff. Duration buff reduce synergy's dps by %20.

Damage per magicka is nerfed in all aoe dots. So you need to invest in more regen to keep them up. That means less damage invesment and dps loss. Dps were insanely high right now. Nerf was needed. Powercreep was Huge.

If you would gave me the base ratio of instant and damage over time portions, I would calculated the excact dps ratio changes :)
    Answer ✓