The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

New endurance

Kunrad
Kunrad
Soul Shriven
Beekeeper's Gear
2 Items: Adds 1206 Maximum Health
3 Items: Adds 129 Health Recovery
4 Items: Adds 129 Health Recovery
5 Items: Adds 400 Health Recovery

Endurance
2 – 1928 Max Health
3 – 618 Health Recovery

I like changes to 3 piece sets but something isn't right here...
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is and there isnt.

Beekeeper is version 2 of "people dont value health recovery as much we should give them more"
    Endurance is probably version 5 of that same idea.

So the only thing thats not right is how outdated beekeper is, but thats true for 80% of sets :D
  • JAwtunes
    JAwtunes
    ✭✭✭✭
    This was called on day one of the PTS cycle. When you crunch the numbers you can see that the other sets that give flat stats all adhere to a rule, except Endurance. Perhaps we are going to see an increase in the Health Recovery from 2-4pc bonuses at some point (maybe ~380).

2c6ww01zrjpu.png

• OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one is going to use the set anyways.
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly thought it was a typo when I saw it.
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    There is and there isnt.

Beekeeper is version 2 of "people dont value health recovery as much we should give them more"
    Endurance is probably version 5 of that same idea.

So the only thing thats not right is how outdated beekeper is, but thats true for 80% of sets :D

Beekepers used to give 500 health recovery but they nerfed it 3 times

1. Reduced the HR from 500 to 400
    2. Implemented defiles to affect HR
    3. removed the HR passives from races
  • Centurionax
    Centurionax
    ✭✭✭
    OG_Kaveman wrote: »

Endurence is the same as Troll King why would u not use it??
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Endurence is the same as Troll King why would u not use it??

you give up a 5 piece. TK you dont.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you give up a 5 piece. TK you dont.

If there were any offensive Stam Monster Sets worth equipping, I'd probably be transmuting some Endurance jewels right now ahead of time.

However for the few brawlers that are running a 3 piece, this one clearly outlclasses the rest by a wide margin.

It would be great if Beekeeper got a buff, it needs it with this set and even with the new Alessian really, but it is one of dozens that need a tune-up or a rework.

Another one sorely in need of a tune-up is Sword-Singer, if Truth is to keep its 5 piece as it is and the new Dizzying Swing goes live.

Edited by Urzigurumash on October 14, 2019 2:05PM
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Pauls
    Pauls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess I"ll use it for troll tank pvp build, just need to get two 2p sets.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Pauls

Right, that is the issue, even though only Brawlers already using a 3 piece and/or not using TK might now equip Endurance, for a pure troll tank, there is no point to use Beekeeper or for the most part even the new Alessian, when you can run Endurance plus 2 piece Oblivion's Foe / Vampire's Kiss.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Devs can you please just go ahead and add like 200 hp regen to the 5 piece of Beekeeper, and 200 weapon damage to Sword-Singer? These gold jewels have been sold so often at the Golden it would be a shame to see them be useless before the announced Set Audit in future patches

Edited by Urzigurumash on October 14, 2019 2:19PM
  • Pauls
    Pauls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Pauls

Right, that is the issue, even though only Brawlers already using a 3 piece and/or not using TK might now equip Endurance, for a pure troll tank, there is no point to use Beekeeper or for the most part even the new Alessian, when you can run Endurance plus 2 piece Oblivion's Foe / Vampire's Kiss.
    I thought about TK + Alessian/Orgnum + Endurance + Puncturing Remedy and Spectral Cloak. Sorc with clannfear and lingering pots.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pauls wrote: »
    @Pauls

I thought about TK + Alessian/Orgnum + Endurance + Puncturing Remedy and Spectral Cloak. Sorc with clannfear and lingering pots.

I haven't really used Ransack much since the Resolve bonus was changed to Minor Protection, is it any good? I do occasionally slot Pierce Armor to provide Major Breach for magicka teammates*, otherwise I just haven't found Puncturing Remedy to be worth it since the damage nerf to Ransack. It's a solid proc for TK but there are plenty of other options that don't hog up 2 slots. Its heal is just way too small with Battlespirit, in my opinion. It was fun with Knight's Errant plus Tremorscale in BGs, but I think it's outclassed now. For pug PvE tanking I do very much enjoy Puncturing Remedy however.

I'll stick with my 2016 trolltank gear for now, but if I were building a new one I agree, TK + Orgnum or Alessian + Endurance + Spectral Cloak is probably meta. Certainly Spectral Cloak is the BIS defensive 2 piece for Stam.

*: Note, they mentioned in PTS notes they would soon unify Fracture + Breach for all skills, making Pierce Armor probably irrelevant in PvP as it is.

Edited by Urzigurumash on October 14, 2019 2:38PM
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Off the top of my head, pretty sure 2 piece Vampire's Kiss is more HPS than Puncturing Remedy in No CP unless you're in like Sanctuary with the Ritual sign, if you allocate the stam drain from Ransack to Vigor.

Which is absurd, yet another ripple of the over-nerfing of 1h skills, but maybe I'm undervaluing MInor Protection.

Edited by Urzigurumash on October 14, 2019 2:46PM
  • Pauls
    Pauls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Urzigurumash
    Remedy can be swapped to Gallant Charge, with sorc and imperial passives Shielded assault will cost 2532 stam and after use you can get free Absorb missile skill. Thats pretty cheap resource cost for stun + 2 shields.
    Edited by Pauls on October 14, 2019 2:52PM
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Pauls

For sure, the best S&B set right now by far. Too bad nobody on Earth runs vBRP to get the perfected version.
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kunrad wrote: »
    Beekeeper's Gear
    2 Items: Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    3 Items: Adds 129 Health Recovery
    4 Items: Adds 129 Health Recovery
    5 Items: Adds 400 Health Recovery

Endurance
    2 – 1928 Max Health
    3 – 618 Health Recovery

I like changes to 3 piece sets but something isn't right here...

May as well slap this on as well...

Argonian un-killable tanks set to return?

db2egKh.png
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @goldenarcher1

Depends, some sort of passive proc damage shield, maybe, but relying on an active cast damage shield for Permafrost? Too risky, I'd take a static HP regen set over it any day.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can add a bugged endurance shield with a health recovery enchant :smiley:
    Edited by Bashev on October 14, 2019 3:08PM
    Because I can!
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This would be more of an issue if the % Health recovery bonus was still in place for racial passives, but I think it can still be very strong...

The 3 Piece sets were designed to be good with ability altering weapons (Maelstrom, Masters, BRP, AS). Giving you something that would be strong to run with one 5 piece, one 2 piece and one 3 piece. For example you could run Slime Craw + Mother's Sorrow + Wrath of Imperium + Perfect AS Destro and VMA Restoration staff and have a really high crit build with Minor Berzerk with some help with sustain by keeping Mutagen up on your back bar.

In theory you could combine Endurance with Troll King and some other health regen oriented 5 piece set (Permafrost maybe) this could make for a very hard to kill tank. You could also use a Master's Ice Staff and Balance with it to keep your magicka sustain going for some really trolly permablock and rooting action. You won't be able to kill very much directly, but in a group you could definitely make life miserable for your enemies. I'm sure no one in PvP will try anything like this... :smile:
    Playing since beta...
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Troll king + 7th Legion + endurance 3 PC + agility 2 PC +steed mundus +regen pot = LOL.

Hi 6k HP regen while killing people with 5k melee power and 34k stam.

Edited by Sarousse on October 14, 2019 3:16PM
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sarousse

@kojou

In my view this new Endurance set doesn't change anything substantially other than replacing Beekeeper and Alessian in most builds using either set, and opening up new opportunities to incorporate a 3 piece set. It doesn't seem it will elevate trolltanking itself to any new level for strategic and tactical purposes. Using it within a balanced PvP build with 7th and Agility will be a solid build for sure, but nothing earth-shattering though I don't think.

Edited by Urzigurumash on October 14, 2019 3:23PM
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarousse wrote: »
    Hi 6k HP regen while killing people with 5k melee power and 34k stam.

Been doing it for years, strong playstyle but ultimately a lower ceiling than stacking stam regen and using Vigor. I'm generally able to operate without Vigor however, so if you hate that skill as much as I do, it's a great way to go.

• Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I agree but if you consider :

- more firepower from this setup,
    - nerf of dots

it's just taking it to unreached levels. :D

Can't wait to run in towers for hours.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarousse wrote: »
    Can't wait to run in towers for hours.

We'll have to see next patch, right now with DOTs as they are all the HP Regen in the world isn't worth anything if you don't have a purge.

Again, in my experience, high stam regen with constant roll-dodging and Vigor uptime is the superior Tower Troll, if your intent is to try and kite a sucker into a 1v1 and take them down anyhow.

Pure PvP tank these days in Cyro, squat and block playstyle, I say Stonekeeper all the way.

Edited by Urzigurumash on October 14, 2019 3:33PM
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    You can add a bugged endurance shield with a health recovery enchant :smiley:

Where do you find this? From the treasure vaults? This rings a dim bell in my head. I thought Grievous Ward was the only thing you could still find with that enchant.

Edited by Urzigurumash on October 14, 2019 3:44PM
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i really look forward to it even though i mostly play stamnb. i think it will be good on my stamdk.

this and potantes. 15 ult reduction and 5less dmg taken from players sounds good to me.