The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Igneous/Molten Armaments suggestion

Jodynn
Jodynn
✭✭✭✭✭
Given the issues with sustain on PTS I have to run absorb magicka and spell symmetry, which is uncomfortable and I hate having to do anything

So I had a thought, what if the useless buff ( majority wins it's currently useless ) was turned into a useful utility for Dragonknights?

Here is my proposal

Base - Reduces the cost of fire damage skills by 8%
- Poison Weapons - Converts Physical damage into Poison and reduces stamina cost of poison skills by 8%, and increase the damage of poison by 5%
- Flaming Weapons - Converts Magic damage into Fire and reduces magicka cost of fire skills by 8%, and increase the damage of fire by 5%

Gives us a unique, and powerful tool, as dragons, if we are "altering" the world, this sounds perfect to me.

Would also give certain sets a more powerful effect for Dragonknights, giving us more identity
Jodynn PC NA
PvE and PvP MagDK
The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As long as it costs magika, no stamDK can slot them for PvP. For starters.
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make it free to cast and cleanse negative effects every 5 seconds

Just kidding. That'd be ridiculous.. right??
    Edited by ketsparrowhawk on October 11, 2019 8:21PM
  • Arcanasx
    Arcanasx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about no. Its the only skill in the game that increases heavy attack damage. Removing that would diminish the identity of dks since this skill makes them capable of having the hardest hitting heavy attacks of all the classes. I'm currently using this skill to land hard hitting burst combos frequently in pvp, and the new buff that is adding major brutality to the base skill is going to make this viable for more stam based builds.

Edit: If you're having trouble with sustain, you can always try heavy attacking more...its quite nice having a 50% bonus to damage that gives you back resources.
    Edited by Arcanasx on October 12, 2019 5:44AM
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given the issues with sustain on PTS I have to run absorb magicka and spell symmetry, which is uncomfortable and I hate having to do anything

So I had a thought, what if the useless buff ( majority wins it's currently useless ) was turned into a useful utility for Dragonknights?

Here is my proposal

- Poison Weapons - Converts Physical damage into Poison and reduces stamina cost of poison skills by 8%, and increase the damage of poison by 5%
    - Flaming Weapons - Converts Magic damage into Fire and reduces magicka cost of fire skills by 8%, and increase the damage of fire by 5%

Gives us a unique, and powerful tool, as dragons, if we are "altering" the world, this sounds perfect to me.

Would also give certain sets a more powerful effect for Dragonknights, giving us more identity

naah sometimes i prefer physical damage than poison....
    As long as it costs magika, no stamDK can slot them for PvP. For starters.

disagree. i like coz it doesnt dip into my stamina resource, which is valuable if i got heavy armor and low regen. and also its 40 sec. it's long. i can regen my mag or drink a pot to make up.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Miloscpolski
    Miloscpolski
    ✭✭✭

Here is my proposal

GREAT IDEA!!!
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arcanasx wrote: »
    How about no. Its the only skill in the game that increases heavy attack damage. Removing that would diminish the identity of dks since this skill makes them capable of having the hardest hitting heavy attacks of all the classes. I'm currently using this skill to land hard hitting burst combos frequently in pvp, and the new buff that is adding major brutality to the base skill is going to make this viable for more stam based builds.

Edit: If you're having trouble with sustain, you can always try heavy attacking more...its quite nice having a 50% bonus to damage that gives you back resources.

Heavy attacking with a staff taking 3 seconds in pve fast combat isn't wise, I'm looking at both angles here not just one.

This would satisfy both, heavy attacks aren't loved on both sides, I use heavy attacks in pvp but it doesn't win on my bar, other skills are way more important and the heavy attack damage buff doesn't give the edge over something else.
    Davadin wrote: »

Here is my proposal

naah sometimes i prefer physical damage than poison....
    The only time to prefer physical would be to use sets that increase physical which would be silly, you Could use sets to increase poison, poison also adds a status effect, elemental resistances have longed been ignored ( the only currently one is cp and the poison line includes physical ) and you also get sustain with combustion.

It's a win win I'm at a loss here seeing why you prefer physical.
    Edited by Jodynn on October 12, 2019 3:06PM
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use heavy attack quite often on my MDK. Other then a fully charged molten whip it's the only other option to actually do noticeable damage against most PvP players. Cool ideas, but please not this skill.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It wouldn't need to be this overloaded but some poison flavor on igneous weapons would be appreciated , instead of the AoE buff thing that nobody really appreciates.

No need for poison cost reduction as Dks passively get %25 poison cost reduction from world in ruin, a stronger poison damage related on-hit effect would be preferrable.

And lastly a duration nerf along with reducing its cost would be a good start. As of right now igneous weapons costs extremely high, and it also lasts for a duration that is way longer than what it should be. Removing both the cost and the duration would make it less taxing to use for stamina builds(both PvP&PvE), and it would also make sense considering it would give Dks better uptime on earthen heart passives.

Someone like a bow/bow stamDK player, or a guy who plays dual wield/ sword and board, might really appreciate that sort of change.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on October 12, 2019 8:43PM
  • sfpiesb14_ESO
    sfpiesb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure how this would affect stamina but it would be cool for Magicka to make this ability make melee weapons viable for mag dk. Since, ya know, we’re a melee class that is forced to use a ranged weapon. Eg molten armaments: physical weapons now scale off of spell damage and max Magicka and do magic damage (or fire damage since they’re MOLTEN armaments).

Or double bar it like a sorc per cast the first time to make it scale off max mag and the second time adds a dot or can proc burning or something like that.

Edit: or they could just add a magic melee weapon to the game but I really don’t think they’re going to do that.
    Edited by sfpiesb14_ESO on October 13, 2019 12:44AM
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure how this would affect stamina but it would be cool for Magicka to make this ability make melee weapons viable for mag dk. Since, ya know, we’re a melee class that is forced to use a ranged weapon. Eg molten armaments: physical weapons now scale off of spell damage and max Magicka and do magic damage (or fire damage since they’re MOLTEN armaments).

Or double bar it like a sorc per cast the first time to make it scale off max mag and the second time adds a dot or can proc burning or something like that.

Edit: or they could just add a magic melee weapon to the game but I really don’t think they’re going to do that.

I've long desired a melee magical weapon, something along the lines of a one-handed elemental sword or something and it would have shock, frost, and flame counterparts just like staves.

For the heavy attack comments I understand your disposition but this is one use case in PvP as one playstyle. My proposed change could effect all playstyles, can you not open your heart to that?

For the stamina changes, I wasn't really sure what to put there, just something to look similar to the flame, instead of a reduced cost. Just change the the world of ruin change to be aoe posion damage buff as well like fire, and move the cost reduction to this.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK