Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My character keeps moving forward long after I release the forward button

Bigevilpeter
Bigevilpeter
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I dont know why this is happening but its getting too annoying specially in PvP Im just running towards something then I stop to fight or whatever and the character just keeps moving foward for a while and I lose control and possibly die

Need help please
  • Sirvaleen
    Sirvaleen
    ✭✭✭✭
    That actually happened to me more than once, but only in Cyrodiil.
    I was not able to discern any pattern to explain that ludicrous (mal)functioning..

To "resolve" it : smashing every command keys like I a frustrated monkey can sometimes work.
    When it does not, you may feel a little better having that mutinous toon finally die.
    Can lead to weirdly cheering for the enemy :D

I would be obviously interested in more in-depth explanation as well as an actual solution though.
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sirvaleen wrote: »
    That actually happened to me more than once, but only in Cyrodiil.
    I was not able to discern any pattern to explain that ludicrous (mal)functioning..

To "resolve" it : smashing every command keys like I a frustrated monkey can sometimes work.
    When it does not, you may feel a little better having that mutinous toon finally die.
    Can lead to weirdly cheering for the enemy :D

I would be obviously interested in more in-depth explanation as well as an actual solution though.

Yeah its so annoying its almost game breaking in PvP, its survivable in PvE bit still very annoying, I remember when there was an issue where the camera keeps rotating on its own and it turned out to be something i the app settings so I hope this is simillar
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been having that issue for awhile now. I play on PC but with a controller and was wondering if the controller was causing it. Do you play with mouse and key board or with a controller?
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something like this might help. I am not sure, but in some games it was the key press buffer. Never happend to me on PC/Gamepad

https://bltt.org/adjust-windows-keyboard-repeat-rate/
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    I've been having that issue for awhile now. I play on PC but with a controller and was wondering if the controller was causing it. Do you play with mouse and key board or with a controller?

I play with mouse and keyboard
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mague wrote: »
    Something like this might help. I am not sure, but in some games it was the key press buffer. Never happend to me on PC/Gamepad

https://bltt.org/adjust-windows-keyboard-repeat-rate/

That made it a bit better but its still there :/

• Kraezy
    Kraezy
    ✭✭✭
    • Have you tested the W key in notepad to see if there's a recurrence of Key presses
    • Try a different keyboard to see if problem replicates
    • Clean Keyboard
    • Turn off Sticky Keys in Windows
    • Update Firmware of keyboard
    • Remove any Gamepads and re-test
    • If your keys are removable on your keyboard, remove the W key and check the rubber membrame is still functionally in shape, it may have been reshaped after a period of time and is catching the key upon release.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is an autorun feature, you might have accidentally hit the button for it - you need to hit it again to toggle it off!

By default it is the NUMLOCK key.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mean it may not be that at all, but it is worth a go
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.