Maintenance for the week of October 14:
• [IN PROGRESS] NA megaservers login – October 16,  6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] EU megaservers login – October 16,  6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 16,  6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
Update 24 and the Dragonhold DLC Game Pack are both now available for testing on the PTS! Experience the amazing conclusion to the Season of the Dragon saga. You can find the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

My character keeps moving forward long after I release the forward button

Bigevilpeter
Bigevilpeter
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I dont know why this is happening but its getting too annoying specially in PvP Im just running towards something then I stop to fight or whatever and the character just keeps moving foward for a while and I lose control and possibly die

Need help please
  • Sirvaleen
    Sirvaleen
    ✭✭
    That actually happened to me more than once, but only in Cyrodiil.
    I was not able to discern any pattern to explain that ludicrous (mal)functioning..

To "resolve" it : smashing every command keys like I a frustrated monkey can sometimes work.
    When it does not, you may feel a little better having that mutinous toon finally die.
    Can lead to weirdly cheering for the enemy :D

I would be obviously interested in more in-depth explanation as well as an actual solution though.
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sirvaleen wrote: »
    That actually happened to me more than once, but only in Cyrodiil.
    I was not able to discern any pattern to explain that ludicrous (mal)functioning..

To "resolve" it : smashing every command keys like I a frustrated monkey can sometimes work.
    When it does not, you may feel a little better having that mutinous toon finally die.
    Can lead to weirdly cheering for the enemy :D

I would be obviously interested in more in-depth explanation as well as an actual solution though.

Yeah its so annoying its almost game breaking in PvP, its survivable in PvE bit still very annoying, I remember when there was an issue where the camera keeps rotating on its own and it turned out to be something i the app settings so I hope this is simillar
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've been having that issue for awhile now. I play on PC but with a controller and was wondering if the controller was causing it. Do you play with mouse and key board or with a controller?
    PC/NA/EP
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭
    Something like this might help. I am not sure, but in some games it was the key press buffer. Never happend to me on PC/Gamepad

https://bltt.org/adjust-windows-keyboard-repeat-rate/
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    I've been having that issue for awhile now. I play on PC but with a controller and was wondering if the controller was causing it. Do you play with mouse and key board or with a controller?

I play with mouse and keyboard
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mague wrote: »
    Something like this might help. I am not sure, but in some games it was the key press buffer. Never happend to me on PC/Gamepad

https://bltt.org/adjust-windows-keyboard-repeat-rate/

That made it a bit better but its still there :/

• Kraezy
    Kraezy
    ✭✭
    • Have you tested the W key in notepad to see if there's a recurrence of Key presses
    • Try a different keyboard to see if problem replicates
    • Clean Keyboard
    • Turn off Sticky Keys in Windows
    • Update Firmware of keyboard
    • Remove any Gamepads and re-test
    • If your keys are removable on your keyboard, remove the W key and check the rubber membrame is still functionally in shape, it may have been reshaped after a period of time and is catching the key upon release.
    Proud member of Bards n Bandits PC EU Guild Est. 2018
    In need of an active Mature Social Guild? Check us out HERE
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There is an autorun feature, you might have accidentally hit the button for it - you need to hit it again to toggle it off!

By default it is the NUMLOCK key.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I mean it may not be that at all, but it is worth a go
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.