Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Can we get a way to check our latency?

rager82b14_ESO
rager82b14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
My skills have a delay when they go off. I'm not sure why you feel the need to hide it, or forgot about it, but I can tell that my latency is high. I would like to know HOW high before i try soloing things that are tougher to do with a delay. Thanks.
  • Foxhunt
    Foxhunt
    ✭✭✭
    A ping bar or an actual number ping? I'd prefer number ping.
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Number is fine, I don't really care. I'm just tired of getting killed when it is not my fault. If the servers are being laggy, I would go craft or farm mats. Not try to pvp, or solo some thing that is tough.
  • Tiyamel
    Tiyamel
    ✭✭✭
    this has been covered elsewhere in forums here's the quote:
    thanks to @FezzikVizzini
    I just posted this reply on another thread but then thought it would be useful for anyone else that wanted to know how to check you game latency.

You can see your latency on the game by doing the following.

Open resource monitor. You can do that directly from the windows menu (or type "resource" into the program search box) or you can start task manager and click on the resource monitor in the performance tab (4th tab on task manager).

When resource monitor comes up click on the 5th tab labelled Network. Wait for all the various parts of the window to be populated with data.

Now, we are interested in the 3rd frame down. The one labelled TCP connections. In the 1st column marked image scroll down and you will find 4 entries for ESO all marked as eso.exe. If you then scroll the frame as far to the right as it will go you will see your latency in the last column (labelled Latency(ms)).

The column before latency also is important as it shows any packet loss. If you have anything other than 0 in this column then things will not be good for you as data packets are being lost between your pc and the server.

I am in the EU and normally have latency of 130-150 ms or thereabouts.

Hope this is of some use to people.
    Edited by Tiyamel on April 15, 2014 6:31AM
    Guild Master of Lost Prophecies, small group of friends playing in Ebonheart Pact, recruitment only accessible through playing with us and making a good impression.
    Want to know more on how to increase forum stars and achievements, check my guide here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/62438/forum-badges-list
    Can't seem to level Werewolf or its abilities? check this:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/108490/werewolf-effective-levelling-of-skill-line-and-abilities-warning-spoilers-may-be-included
    If it helps then please Insightful/Agree/Awesome or even Lol me :)
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand how to do it that way, but I would like that info through the game. Having to alt tab check it before i fight some thing is a pain in the ass you know? I would like a glance to see like a normal mmo has.
  • Tiyamel
    Tiyamel
    ✭✭✭
    ah i see, then i am sorry i can't help you, i don't know of any way to keep track of that in game, i know there was a /fps in beta but that's not helpful, on another note i use a Logitech G19 keyboard that has a display on it and i use that to keep track of all my ingame statistics such as ping/latency/fps and such.
    Guild Master of Lost Prophecies, small group of friends playing in Ebonheart Pact, recruitment only accessible through playing with us and making a good impression.
    Want to know more on how to increase forum stars and achievements, check my guide here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/62438/forum-badges-list
    Can't seem to level Werewolf or its abilities? check this:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/108490/werewolf-effective-levelling-of-skill-line-and-abilities-warning-spoilers-may-be-included
    If it helps then please Insightful/Agree/Awesome or even Lol me :)
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just posted this reply on another thread but then thought it would be useful for anyone else that wanted to know how to check you game latency.

You can see your latency on the game by doing the following.

Open resource monitor. You can do that directly from the windows menu (or type "resource" into the program search box) or you can start task manager and click on the resource monitor in the performance tab (4th tab on task manager).
    Anyone know how to do this on a Mac? Perhaps I should go to the Mac support forum and ask there, lol.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50