The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

New Moon Alcolyte Set Mechanics

Skoomah
Skoomah
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
New Moon Alcolyte - If I apply a bunch of dots on my back bar and switch to front bar with new moon at the full 5 piece bonus, do my back bar dots now start ticking at higher weapon damage values?

Anyone test it yet?

Thanks!

Note: Back bar is not full 5 piece bonus... only the front bar.
Edited by Skoomah on October 9, 2019 5:20PM
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Single target Dots are snapshot skills that remember weapon/spell damage and stamina/magicka when cast.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    Single target Dots are snapshot skills that remember weapon/spell damage and stamina/magicka when cast.

....AoE DoT, however, does not remember, and as such can change the value of the tick on condition.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »

....AoE DoT, however, does not remember, and as such can change the value of the tick on condition.

THESE TWO SUM IT UP NICELY
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Not all of them. Fiery Breath and Searing Strike are scaling dynamicaly.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting I always thought they acted like ground aoes and could change between ticks.

Ty for the info good sir
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fiery Breath ain't single-target, yo.

And are you 100% Searing Strike scales mid-DoT?
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Fiery Breath is indeed a single target dot. The very same case as Reflective Light. It appears in your debuff list just as any other single target dot. AoE dots do not appear in your debuff list. The only difference is that you can apply this single-target dot to multiple targets at once. One thing that supports my claims is that AoE dots do not proc Zen's Redress set, but both, Fiery Breath and Reflective Light do.

To your question, I don't why is that, but I guess simply DK dots are rulebreakers like ZoS calls things lately :smiley:
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on October 11, 2019 5:35PM
  • SaucyMcSauceface
    SaucyMcSauceface
    ✭✭✭✭

Fiery Breath is indeed a single target dot. The very same case as Reflective Light. It appears in your debuff list just as any other single target dot. AoE dots do not appear in your debuff list. The only difference is that you can apply this single-target dot to multiple targets at once. One thing that supports my claims is that AoE dots do not proc Zen's Redress set, but both, Fiery Breath and Reflective Light do.

To your question, I don't why is that, but I guess simply DK dots are rulebreakers like ZoS calls things lately :smiley:

This may be what is wrong with any attempt at balance. If we have a ‘single-target’ skill that hits all enemies in the ‘area of effect’, what exactly does ZOS see as the definition of either single target or aoe?
  • Muzzick
    Muzzick
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why is this thread titled new moon mechanics when it's a general question