Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Voice acting :o

Ackadian
Ackadian
✭✭✭
So one of my favourite things about this game is the 100% voice acted quests and dialogues,I absolutely love it,I have always been a fan of voice acting.But there's one thing I just can't seem to quite get behind...the guy who voices Neramo,Verandis and Vanus Galerion xD Idk if it's the way he seems to always sound enthusiastic about the weirdest of things or perhaps his accent but everytime I hear him I try my best to keep in character and not burst out laughing.

So my point is....who do ya'll think is the best and worst voice actor in ESO?
  • Yuffie91
    Yuffie91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the prophet because I'm a big Harry Potter fan..the worst voice actor imo is Wood elves..they annoy me
  • Ackadian
    Ackadian
    ✭✭✭
    Yea,the Prophet and Abnur are hands down the best two voice actors in the entire game for obvious reasons :D
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The voice acting is one area that sets this game apart from most MMORPGs. I understand why games like WoW and FF are not as big with voice acting as it is a considerable cost but to me make the difference between reading a comic book and more like a mini movie that keeps on going.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    some of the khajiiti voice actors, especially the one that voices Khali - just kill me already. that horrible, fake, overexaggerated slavic accent that doesn't sound like anyone that actualy speaks any of the slavic languages, but what Hollywood thinks slavic accent sounds like ... UGH. THE WORST.

I actualy cannot pick the best if i'm honest, becasue so much of it is so good, but fave is Cadwell, because.. John Gleese :P I'm 99.99% sure that Cadwell wouldn't have gotten anything near the positive response that he does, if he weren't voiced by John Gleese.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yuffie91 wrote: »
    I like the prophet because I'm a big Harry Potter fan..the worst voice actor imo is Wood elves..they annoy me

Quite opposite, I think their cockney accent is amazing :D
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great voice acting all round, but John Cleese has it.
  • vibeborn
    vibeborn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with those who have mentioned John Cleese

I also like Molag Bal's (Malcolm McDowell)
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Favorites:
    Prophet
    Abnur Tharn
    Cadwell (John Cleese, ftw)
    Queen Ayrenn - only because of Kate Beckinsale (not bc of the Queen. I can't stand Sabrina the Teenage Elf)

Honorable mentions:
    Azura (because I had a thing for Lynda Carter when I was 5 years old :D )
    Naryu Virian (her voice has this amazing way of sounding flirtatious while slitting your throat)

Dislikes:
    All of the Wood Elves, especially the Silvenar, Indaenir (and the half dozen or so other characters that use this voice)
    Most of the Argonian voices in the base game zones (they sound so....grating)
    The few Khajiit that have the over exaggerated Slavic, eastern European type accents.

Edited by The_Lex on October 10, 2019 2:48PM
  • IndianaJames7
    IndianaJames7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cadwel(John Cleese) is the best, Stuga is the worst.
  • Ardaghion
    Ardaghion
    ✭✭✭
    John Cleese for Cadwell is the best voice actor.
    While I think Lynda Carter has been a great actor, she is a terrible voice-actor, Azura gets my worst nomination for the flat and somewhat strange dialogue. I think she's trying to go for powerful and somewhat angry god personality but it just comes off weird.
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    some of the khajiiti voice actors, especially the one that voices Khali - just kill me already. that horrible, fake, overexaggerated slavic accent that doesn't sound like anyone that actualy speaks any of the slavic languages, but what Hollywood thinks slavic accent sounds like ... UGH. THE WORST.

I actualy cannot pick the best if i'm honest, becasue so much of it is so good, but fave is Cadwell, because.. John Gleese :P I'm 99.99% sure that Cadwell wouldn't have gotten anything near the positive response that he does, if he weren't voiced by John Gleese.

They aren't trying to sound slavic. They sound like khajiit, a fictional accent and race.
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One of my favourites is Ashur (been trying to find out who voices him but to no avail) - does some other posh English accents in the game & his voice is lovely.

Like most of the Khajiit (except Aelif whose voice grates) but especially Raz, Gharesh-ri and my fav, Zamarak.

The ones that I absolutely can’t abide, to the point I hate even going to their zones, are the horrendous Wood Elf ones - either ‘mockney’ or some weird variant of West Country - utterly appalling.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackadian wrote: »
    So one of my favourite things about this game is the 100% voice acted quests and dialogues,I absolutely love it,I have always been a fan of voice acting.But there's one thing I just can't seem to quite get behind...the guy who voices Neramo,Verandis and Vanus Galerion xD Idk if it's the way he seems to always sound enthusiastic about the weirdest of things or perhaps his accent but everytime I hear him I try my best to keep in character and not burst out laughing.

So my point is....who do ya'll think is the best and worst voice actor in ESO?

Yeah, the voice acting on this game is top notch and can bring a lot of personality to the characters. This trend carries over into Elseweyr as well. The drunken kitty cat with the eye patch for example is one of the most amusing characters I've ever encountered while questing on a video game.
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    John Cleese could read the obituaries and make it funny.

I could listen to Lynda Carter all day. I hit puberty right when Wonder Woman started on tv. I think that show contributed to it.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keith Szarabajka. Don't @ me.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAxen wrote: »
    Linaleah wrote: »

They aren't trying to sound slavic. They sound like khajiit, a fictional accent and race.

they are trying to make khajiit sound slavic. and its not all khajiit anyways, i specified WHICH khajiit I have an issue with. there are plenty that have this almost unique accent identity that sounds like they are actualy trying for a fictional accent and race.... and then there is there are those who go for "Hollywood Russian" THOSE are the ones i dislike immensely. Khali especially is terrible, I ended up
    chosing her as a sacrifice and her sister as a new mane, and only partly because I thought thoughtful scholarly type would be better. like 60% of that choice was based on the fact that i couldn't stand listening to her anymore. at one point in that storyline, i just turned off voice acting all together and I don't typically do this when playing through stories, becasue I want to hear the acting

I'm shuddering just remembering that.... voice. whatever they are trying to sound like, what they actualy end UP sounding like is "Hollywood Russian" of the worst kind.

like... literally Raz is one of my favorite characters and its at least in part due to his voice acting. its very specific voice actors that bother me and i hope I emphasized it enough now.
    Edited by Linaleah on October 10, 2019 7:01PM
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • carthalis
    carthalis
    ✭✭✭
    Kate Beckinsale as Queen Ayrenn is amazing, John Cleese is great as well
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    John Cleese of course and the guy that does the voice of the Augur, I though it was Warwick Davis putting on an accent
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude, absolutely nothing beats the original Brackenleaf Voice. Worst casting and or performance I've ever seen, with no insult intended to the actor himself, he was just given the worst role for his voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnW4CAgKAP4
    Edited by ArchMikem on October 10, 2019 7:26PM
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My favourite bit of voice acting is a character called Scout Galsar. I see him whenever I land at Iliath Temple Wayshrine headed for FG. He's this primitive-looking ashlander nomad who runs up to me and shouts, "***! Outlander" in the most superior British accent. It's truly absurd. It just kills me every time.

Edit: But not quite as absurd as this profanity filter.
    Edited by RaddlemanNumber7 on October 10, 2019 7:45PM
    PC EU
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    carthalis wrote: »
    Kate Beckinsale as Queen Ayrenn is amazing, John Cleese is great as well

I love Kate in every way from any angle, but in ESO, I feel she more read the lines than acted. </3

Cleese and Stormare are of course brilliant actors and choices for their parts, if you want to listen to a Real Nord's accent, just listen to Peter Stormare (RL Swedish accent). Many Nords have too much of a german accent imo, but I guess that might be intentional to blur the linguistic lines.

However, I can't get enough of one of the male Khajiit's VA, his acting is so brilliant, he's got a deep voice. Also the wounded Khajiit female in ADs IC base always makes me break up in a smile. She's the one that greets you with a "Hhhhhallo". =D I think she's the one you catch in the act of steeling in one of the Craglorn camps. Simply brilliant. The dialogue too btw.

But my biggest grape is how they often miss the posh High Elf accents, some are brilliant, others not so much. My biggest grape is the use of an elder British accent VA on clearly "young" (in elven years) Elven Highborns. She's excellent on older High Elves, but overused on young NPCs imo.
    Edited by Idinuse on October 10, 2019 7:47PM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Although her dialogue is certainly not the best, Lyris is under-appreciated. Jennifer Hale is one of the best out there. Fem-Shep ftw!
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although her dialogue is certainly not the best, Lyris is under-appreciated. Jennifer Hale is one of the best out there. Fem-Shep ftw!

It would've been nice if the Shepard Trilogy acted like Andromeda. Since I always played Male Shep it would've been nice if Fem Shep was your NPC Sister.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The worst main voice actor is whomever does King Jorunns voice. Jorunn sounds like a down syndrome American kid trying to fake a Norse accent. Its bad I had to mute him during the Windhelm and Rift quest lines either the actor didn't give a damn or the sound directors gave him bad advice.

the best is probably Naryus or Queen Ayrenns voice actress whomever does Raz and Darien are decent for the men...
    Edited by RebornV3x on October 10, 2019 7:53PM
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The one true Shep ;)
  • Aztrias
    Aztrias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RebornV3x wrote: »
    The worst main voice actor is whomever does King Jorunns voice. Jorunn sounds like a down syndrome American kid trying to fake a Norse accent...

The actor is Swedish.
    peter-stormare-3.jpg

But yeah I'm not really a huge fan of his voice acting in ESO either, he does sound a bit unmotivated at times.
    Edited by Aztrias on October 10, 2019 8:15PM
    Welcome Moon-and-Star to this place where destiny is made

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/498360/r-i-p-pc-eu/p1
    Nerevar forget!
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The worst main voice actor is whomever does King Jorunns voice. Jorunn sounds like a down syndrome American kid trying to fake a Norse accent...

The actor is Swedish.
    peter-stormare-3.jpg

Awkward :#
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The actor is Swedish.
    peter-stormare-3.jpg

And quite accomplished outside of ESO. Jorunn needed better writing, not a different actor imo.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Male: John Cleese as Sir Cadwell

Female: unknown as Provost Varuni Arvel

Would anyone know who voiced her, please?
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The worst main voice actor is whomever does King Jorunns voice. Jorunn sounds like a down syndrome American kid trying to fake a Norse accent. Its bad I had to mute him during the Windhelm and Rift quest lines either the actor didn't give a damn or the sound directors gave him bad advice.

the best is probably Naryus or Queen Ayrenns voice actress whomever does Raz and Darien are decent for the men...

Jorunn sounds like he has a huge wad of gum in his mouth.

I really enjoy the male Bosmer voices, especially the unique ones like Glirion the Redbeard. Female Bosmer not so much, I found Eveli Sharparrow to be very annoying.

I can’t stand most of the Argonian voices, like gargled sandpaper.

I really enjoy the voice acting for the gods and Daedra. Molag Bal, Azura, Clavicus Vile, Hermaeus Morah, Hircine, etc

Even though I can’t stand Sheogorath as a character, his actor did a good job.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom