Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Faction Lock Entire Account

PhxOldGamer68
PhxOldGamer68
✭✭✭✭
Make the faction lock for the entire account. My 2 AD and 2 DC want to play in Kaal with my 8 EP toons. They feel left out. :smiley: That's where the action is. That's where my 2 PVP guilds are located.

I didn't want to create those toons, but before One Tamriel, that was one way to do the other story lines without having to wait for Cadwell's Silver and Gold quests.
PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
PC NA: KaktusKing
  • SippingPotions
    SippingPotions
    ✭✭✭
    I would have never made toons on different factions if they said this was a possibility when 1T was released. Now I'm stuck playing only 2 of my toons this month in the only campaign that has consistent PVP population. I would actually resubscribe to plus and start playing this game over Apex and League everyday if they made this change happen, or just reverted faction locks.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, as of now I have 6/9 toons that option for PvP is to... PvDoor in a dead campaign.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    Agreed, as of now I have 6/9 toons that option for PvP is to... PvDoor in a dead campaign.
    agree.gif
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makes so much sense.
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, please. I have dumped 100's of hours into alternative faction toons for PvPe, and now they are just worthless. I feel cheated.
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People have multiple accounts with a free to play game so it won’t make too much of a difference. ZOS should unlock all the campaign as before and make a NEW 14-day faction locked campaign with same rewards as 30-day. That way people that want faction locks can play on this new “Loyalty” campaign. This is what people were asking for before they went and locked the main ones.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should allow one time per character faction change, but you need any race/any alliance if those characters are going to a non native faction ( ie altmer going to EP)

Or just make the 7 day into a 30 day so flippers can have their 30 trans crystals rewards

Leave the current locked campaigns as they are.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Àdhamh_Creag
    Àdhamh_Creag
    ✭✭
    Dead thread but this is the best solution to faction lock i've seen tbh, spits in the face of people who made mirror toons of a class to play another faction but hey so did locking the factions :)
  • gorgoloth
    gorgoloth
    Soul Shriven
    Zen make it happen.
  • Rahar
    Rahar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have 4 nightblades on the same account because of this. Riot.

In all seriousness yeah account faction lock makes sense
    NeRf MaGsOrC
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm dumb - how does this solve the problem?

i.e: i have 5 dc, 4 ad, and 3 ep toons. how does account faction lock work?
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a non issue. This is an old thread. Players can choose between a 30 day locked or 30 day unlocked campaign now.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    It is a non issue. This is an old thread. Players can choose between a 30 day locked or 30 day unlocked campaign now.

You failed to even read any and all of the post, the solution zos implemented by adding a 30 day locked campaign was a failure! It is NOT populated at all the issue is I and majority of others want to play on ALL of their toons In any and ALL campaigns without being locked to a specific alliance. I have had to make mirror copies of toons just so I can play a specific build in a populated campaign.
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I came to this forum section to state this exact same point. I have a MagWarden that I made to play with EP friends though I prefer DC. Now all those EP friends quit and I don’t wanna play on EP solo so my Warden is just holding gear and collecting dust. I can’t imagine it would be that much harder to code in the ability to choose one alliance in the beginning of choosing a campaign and then having ALL Characters, regardless of whether they are in that faction or not, be able to pvp on the faction. We asked for alliance change tokens which would have given ZOS an opportunity to make money yet they choose to ignore an ongoing request from the player base. I don’t want to level more toons i just wanna play the ones I have please! @ZOS_GinaBruno you have the power, I believe in you!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    regime211 wrote: »
    idk wrote: »

You failed to even read any and all of the post, the solution zos implemented by adding a 30 day locked campaign was a failure! It is NOT populated at all the issue is I and majority of others want to play on ALL of their toons In any and ALL campaigns without being locked to a specific alliance. I have had to make mirror copies of toons just so I can play a specific build in a populated campaign.

For obvious reasons I am assuming you are referring to this thread. As such it seems you are the one who failed to read any and all of the posts as there is not a single post after the new 30 day unlocked campaign started that mentions how populated it is. None mention how well it worked or not until your post.

Being there have not been many posts in this thread to begin with I figure that would have been easy to get right. Better luck next time.
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valykc wrote: »
    I came to this forum section to state this exact same point. I have a MagWarden that I made to play with EP friends though I prefer DC. Now all those EP friends quit and I don’t wanna play on EP solo so my Warden is just holding gear and collecting dust. I can’t imagine it would be that much harder to code in the ability to choose one alliance in the beginning of choosing a campaign and then having ALL Characters, regardless of whether they are in that faction or not, be able to pvp on the faction. We asked for alliance change tokens which would have given ZOS an opportunity to make money yet they choose to ignore an ongoing request from the player base. I don’t want to level more toons i just wanna play the ones I have please! @ZOS_GinaBruno you have the power, I believe in you!

Will never happen as then people don't have reason to buy Riding Lessons, Skyshards, and Skill Lines.

It's not dumb luck. They limit you and then add all these expensive shortcuts to get a new character up to where your pre-existing one is.

If it doesn't fuel the crown store, the change won't be made.
  • Rahar
    Rahar
    ✭✭✭✭
    mursie wrote: »
    i'm dumb - how does this solve the problem?

i.e: i have 5 dc, 4 ad, and 3 ep toons. how does account faction lock work?

Your account would be the source of your faction under a change like this. You wouldn't have X DC characters, Y AD, and Z EP, you'd just have X+Y+Z characters with no faction assigned to them at creation. Instead, you would have some way to choose a faction when you went into a campaign and all your characters would become locked to that faction and playable on that campaign.

Hopefully that clarifies. I'm not OP, but this is what I took the idea as.
    NeRf MaGsOrC
  • thegreat_one
    thegreat_one
    ✭✭✭✭
    kaal is faction lock, if you want to play with yer friends go to standard. Thats why its there.