Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 23 - Feedback Thread for Dragonhold Prologue Quest

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for the Dragonhold prologue quest, The Dragonguard’s Legacy. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Were you able to successfully acquire this quest with minimal confusion?
  • Did you run into any issues?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • duncan4791
    duncan4791
    ✭✭
    The door for 'The Dragonguard's Legacy' quest Enter Dark Water Temple stage at the Kynesgrove dragon mound is missing. The marker is visible but no door is visible.
  • Karminathevamp
    Karminathevamp
    ✭✭✭
    duncan4791 wrote: »
    The door for 'The Dragonguard's Legacy' quest Enter Dark Water Temple stage at the Kynesgrove dragon mound is missing. The marker is visible but no door is visible.

Agreed and Sai Sahan has also disappeared on his way to join us at Dark Water Temple in Eastmarch.
    Master Angler
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    duncan4791 wrote: »

Third this. I tried porting away and porting back, no dice.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • TheRimOfTheSky
    TheRimOfTheSky
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quest marker points to a dragon mound near Kynesgrove but no trapdoor shows up. Why is there even an entire temple inside a dragon mound anyways? The mounds were dug by the Dragon Cult (who worshiped dragons), not the Dragonguard (who kill dragons), it's not fitting to build Dark Water Temple beneath one.

And what happens when Alduin resurrects Sahloknir from the mound in TES5 anyways, what, we find out there's an entire temple beneath where he's buried? While you guys have the time, please move the entrance to the temple literally anywhere else, it doesn't make sense to be there.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quest marker points to a dragon mound near Kynesgrove but no trapdoor shows up. Why is there even an entire temple inside a dragon mound anyways? The mounds were dug by the Dragon Cult (who worshiped dragons), not the Dragonguard (who kill dragons), it's not fitting to build Dark Water Temple beneath one.

And what happens when Alduin resurrects Sahloknir from the mound in TES5 anyways, what, we find out there's an entire temple beneath where he's buried? While you guys have the time, please move the entrance to the temple literally anywhere else, it doesn't make sense to be there.

Agreed
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Also going to second this.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Were you able to successfully acquire this quest with minimal confusion?
    Yes, from the crown store.

Did you run into any issues?
    None.
    The Dark Water temple door appeared when I stood at the indicated location.

Do you have any other general feedback?

It would be nice if we could actually read some of those books we find in the quest, e.g. the list of deceased dragons.

I also think the entrance to Dark Water Temple should be moved away from the top of that dragon mound.

After the quests were completed the horse Peri remained in service as a teleport point at Davons Watch, Valley of the blades and Hoonding's Watch wayshrine.
    PC EU
  • Nexerous
    Nexerous
    ✭✭
    chy44e1q9dyl.png
    The prologue quest for Pellitine is broken. The entrance doesn't show up, and logging out and logging back in doesn't seem to fix it.
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone with fully developed Vestige on NA can tell me how Sahan reacts to you? And how he explained his "death" if you sacrificed him back in God of Schemes.
    Edited by TiaFrye on July 10, 2019 4:45AM
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TiaFrye wrote: »
    Anyone with fully developed Vestige on NA can tell me how Sahan reacts to you? And how he explained his "death" if you sacrificed him back in God of Schemes.

I wanted to see that too. I have no clue which, if any, of my 18 characters on live chose Sai Sahan, so I made a PTS template Necro and did the quests. I watched while Tharn killed Sai Sahan at Heart's Grief and then, just to make sure he was dead, my Necro violated his corpse.

Sai's initial reaction on meeting you, and his explanation for not being dead is as follows...
    Eg4SpYk.jpg

You can ask again about him not being dead, and he says...
    Dp2UQMZ.jpg

I'm completely satisfied with this explanation. No kidding.
    PC EU
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TiaFrye wrote: »

I wanted to see that too. I have no clue which, if any, of my 18 characters on live chose Sai Sahan, so I made a PTS template Necro and did the quests. I watched while Tharn killed Sai Sahan at Heart's Grief and then, just to make sure he was dead, my Necro violated his corpse.

Sai's initial reaction on meeting you, and his explanation for not being dead is as follows...
    Eg4SpYk.jpg

You can ask again about him not being dead, and he says...
    Dp2UQMZ.jpg

I'm completely satisfied with this explanation. No kidding.

honestly, i'm not satisfied at all lol...

well, i didn't sacrifice Sai (i think? its been too long), but those responses are basically "dunno, dude. here i am tho."

August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe when we can actually get inside and complete this quest there will be a perfectly valid reason... just like how Sai came back from the dead! :)
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Gorak
    Gorak
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, no problem

Not until I got to the "entrance" to Black Water Temple. The quest marker hovers above what I assume is the entrance location on the mound, but nothing else. Also, no Sai Sahan when I ported to the wayshrine in Eastmarch - just the horses were there.

Nope. pretty straightforward quest up to this point.

Edited by Gorak on July 14, 2019 3:41PM
    I want a raven avatar, please.
    PC NA; DC ftw
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My feedback is as follows:

I acquired this quest through the crown store which was super easy but I wasn't sure how I acquired the quest without using the crown store.

Only the issue mentioned above, entrance to Black Water Temple is impassable.

I really hope we utilise the space of the valley of the blades, would be really great to have a bunch of quests that connect back there to help re-build the area. Once rebuilt maybe it unlocks a new Dragonguard Guild skill line with say Grappling Bow or Spear abilities. I guess wait and see what happens right ;)
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Karminathevamp
    Karminathevamp
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for fixing the Black Water Temple door and moving it to another location than the dragon mound. I love the Indiana Jones walk of faith type path in there. I wonder if the other mentioned companion will take us to Skyrim later for another excellent story with a certain broken horned dragon. Can't wait for the continuation of our adventures. Oh, and thank you for the very noisy momento. ;)
    Master Angler
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for fixing the Black Water Temple door and moving it to another location than the dragon mound.

Second this! Was able to complete the quest today. :)
  • phoenixmancer
    phoenixmancer
    ✭✭
    I can't pick up the quest starter from the crown store please help
  • Jack_Of_Shades
    Jack_Of_Shades
    ✭✭✭
    Dark water temples load time into the dungeon is endless. I've restarted countless times.
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't pick up the quest starter from the crown store please help

Crown store > purchase (it's free) > go to your inventory > pick the 2º icon from the right (where your quest items are) > read letter from Kasura (I think it's her name lol) > quest is now active and you can verify in your journal.