The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Top 3 essential add-ons as of 9-29-2019

malistorr
malistorr
✭✭✭✭
Hi all,

I use the add-ons to show me lore books and skyshard locations, so please don't include those 2 in your list. But please tell me what 3 add-ons you consider essential (your top-3) and why.
Add-ons and whether they work or not change over time, so I'm asking this (even if it's been discussed before) because things change. Thanks in advance.
  • Most_Awesome
    Most_Awesome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Bugcatcher = It gets rid of all the black box errors, I was used to clicking 5 or so boxes every time I logged in until it got so bad I looked this add-don up and would never not use it again.

2) Inventory Insight = With 15 characters this add-don lets me know how much gold/AP and what gear etc is on each character and whats in my bank, would never not use this again also.

3) Srendarr/Bufftimers = I don't like the default buff timer box's and without these I probably just wouldn't play the game.

4) Bonus add-on Vampires woe = gets rid of the feed action pop up for vampires, so you don't end up feeding on someone instead of using the blade of woe to their face >:)
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cool anyone else have any input?
  • msalvia
    msalvia
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Lazy Writ Crafter--cuz I'm too lazy to do dailies and master writs manually
    2. Inventory Insight--cuz my alt-addiction and tendency to hoard stuff would be unsustainable without it.
    3. Combat Metrics--cuz I like to know how bad I suck on a given day.

Srendar is great too, but I really only use it in hard content and while dummy humping
    Raid Notifier is also essential for vet trials and vet-DLCs
  • theskymoves
    theskymoves
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. CraftStore
    2. No Accidental Stealing
    3. Inventory Grid View

Though if I were in a different mood on another day, I could just as easily say Inventory Insight, Essential Housing Tools, and Assist Rapid Riding. Or FCO Item Saver (for locking stuff that can't normally be locked :-/).
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for answering. Maybe I'll look into some of these that I'm not using.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Advanced filters
    - Awesome Guild Store
    - Craftstore

But there are so many addons that have become necessary to me that its hard to choose only 3.

I could have mentioned
    - Beam Me Up
    - Master Merchant
    - Votan's Minimap
    - Dressing Room

as well. And many others.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me it would have to be:

1) Mini Map. I like Fyrakin's, but there's others which work too. I have no sense of direction so I really struggle without a mini map, even using custom markers on the compass it's really easy for me to get turned around and end up going in the wrong direction.

2) Advanced Filters. It adds sub-categories and other options to your inventory and bank which make it far easier to find what you're looking for.

3) Azurah. This one does loads of stuff but the important ones for me are that it lets me move and resize the default UI, and colour names based on the reaction to you - enemies are red, players are blue, friendly NPCs are green and non-agressive but killable NPCs are yellow.

(Since Advanced Filters has come up a lot already I'm also going to include a 4th - Binder - which saves and loads sets of keybindings using chat codes. So if I start a new character all I do is type /binder load Main and I've got all my normal key bindings, and if I want to change them I can experiment then instantly go back to what I had, or easily copy the change to all my characters.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • weg0
    weg0
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, can't stress enough how well inventory insight works. Here are three others that are great:

1. Votan's mini-map (my vote for smoothest, easiest to use mini-map)
    2. Map Pins (puts pins on map for almost anywhere you want to go AND has decent mini-map if you don't want Votan's)
    2a. Lost treasure (works great for crafting survey and all the treasure maps)
    3. Auto Recharge (just keep soul gyms and repair kits in inventory and your gear is always fighting ready)

Honorable mentions:
    - Tamriel Trade Center
    - Action Duration Reminder
    - Harven's Improved Skill Window
    - Assist Rapid Riding (a must for Cyrodiil)

• redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minimap - absolutely should be a base game option

Lazy Writ Crafter

Bandit UI (many other UI addons are also good)
  • Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭

Besides Lore Books & SkyShards
    • Arkadius' Trade Tools - Very simple to use and very functional.
    • Destinations - Useful map that can be customised to show as much or as little as you like.
    • Voltan's Fisherman & Rare Fish Tracker - No potential Master Angler should be without these.
    PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys (and gals?)
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely Lazy Writ Crafter!

And if you’re into housing at all, either to decorate your own or tour others’ creations, Essential Housing Tools is a must!

Those two and the Lore Books add-one are the only ones I’ve used thus far but I will probably add Combat Metrics at some point.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assist Rapid Riding
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) LUI Extended: Because vanilla UI looks garbage
    2) Inventory insight: Because keeping track of gear for all my characters would be a pain otherwise
    3) Raid notifier/Code´s combat alerts: Because I can and console can´t :)

Honerable mention:
    * Loot log; So you can see what loot other people drop while doing trials/dungeons. Will save alot of time when farming for specific gear
    Edited by Qbiken on October 10, 2019 7:15AM
  • Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's so hard to narrow down! There are so many it's hard to function without, many of which have already been mentioned

- Advanced Filters. Inventory is a nightmare without that.

- No Accidental Stealing. It's so nice to not deal with accidentally stealing something while just trying to talk to a merchant

- Wykkid tool bar - I love easily seeing my inventory space, level progress, research, horse training, soul gems, etc.

- Assist Rapid Riding - so you're not constantly wading through molasses, nor forgetting to switch your skills back before getting into combat

- Dugolbons Lazy Writ Crafter - if you do writs it saves SO much time. Also Daily Alchemy and Daily Provisioning

- Awesome Guild Store - they have definitely improved the guild store, but this still adds very helpful filtering options

- Bank Manager Revived - particularly useful if you don't have the craft bag, bank stops are much faster

- Inventory Insight - see what your other characters have without logging out and back in

- Lost Treasure - helps with locating crafting surveys, makes it much faster for me

- Faster Travel - save favorite wayshrines so you don't have to click the zone and then the shrine

- Smartlooter - autoloot only things that won't take up an additional space, then select from other items yourself

- Destinations - personally I like this for finding delve bosses. Public Dungeon Champions is also useful

- Harven's Potions Alert - makes it easy to reapply as soon as the cool down is over

- Potion Maker - select traits and it tells you ingredient options
    Edited by Aelthwyn on October 11, 2019 6:16PM
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For some Awesome Immersion I use the Following Addons

Chat Window Manger : Makes chat window go away really fast when not in use.

Combat Reticle : Customize reticle modes with lots of features make the game immersive.

Harven's Quest Journal : Customizable Quest Journal that saves important quest givers conversations and more.

Immersive Interactions : Customizable Interaction with npc that make it possible to only hear the voice and then text.

Khajiit Speaks : It modifies the player dialog option text into the wonderfully garbled Khajiit Speak.

No, thank you : This addon allows you to block or redirect unwanted messages, notifications and other.

TrueExploration : You have to discover your own maps. Everything is blank until you discover it.

Wykkyd Full Immersion : Allow to hide default game windows such as the Compass, Quest Tracker and others.

Chat Tab Brain : Annoying chat notifications can be deleted, set the fade out time of the chat window and more

Other Notable ones

Fast Ride : Adds Rapid Maneuvers to your skill bar and remove it automatically.

Votan's adaptive settings : Adjusts Video settings to the current graphic load to stabilize the frame rate ( A Must )

Circonian Addon Selector : Save the current enabled state of all of your addons and load them as a pack.

Item Saver : Place a marker on your items so you remember to not accidentally sell or deconstruct.

Voltan's Keybind : Adds checkboxes to keybind dialog for user account wide shared keybindings.

Alik'r Dolmen Helper : Automatically fast travel to the next wayshrine while dolmen grinding in Alik'r.
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    How does lazy writ crafter work? It says it saves people time but not any detail as to how. Can someone please explain how it work and why I would want it?
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dear god we must play a different game on console or at least a much different experience.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    console? What's that?
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    malistorr wrote: »
    How does lazy writ crafter work? It says it saves people time but not any detail as to how. Can someone please explain how it work and why I would want it?

It works two ways. First, it auto crafts with one click of a button. Secondly, it auto removes any stuff needed from you bank when you chat to a banker.
  • malistorr
    malistorr
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know what you mean by "chat to a banker"?
    I don't see any special button to click when I go to a crafting table so maybe I'm missing something in the configuration of the add-on (if it's customizable)?
    I'll try to find a youtube video to show me how it works since I still don't understand, or the add-on just isn't working/doing anything.
    Guess I'll have to look into this more if I have time.
  • dagrdagaz_5912
    dagrdagaz_5912
    ✭✭✭
    1. Votan's Keybinder
    For account wide keybinds.
    But more importantly, remembering my keybinds!

2. No, Thank You
    For disabling lots of unwanted things.

3.Well, i'm gonna group together the following add-ons that make finding certain things alot easier;
    - Lorebooks
    - Skyshards
    - LostTreasure (Writ Surveys)
    - Mundusmap

For easier crafting writs i use;
    - Dugolbons Lazy Writ Crafter
    - Crafting Writ Assistant
    - Potion Maker
    It also skips dialog/confirmation windows at Writ Boards and the drop off locations.
    Writ boards, crafting stations and delivery crates, u only need to access them.
    Please note that the auto crafting does work not for the Provision and Alchemy stations
    Edited by dagrdagaz_5912 on October 25, 2019 2:30AM
  • fiftypercentgrey
    fiftypercentgrey
    ✭✭✭
    1.) Destinations
    2.) Lazy Writ Crafter
    3.) Awesome Guildstore

4.) No, thank you
    5.) Votan's Keybinder
    6.) Advanced Filters

(and too many others ^^)
    ἀπόκρυφος
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destinations

Easy Travel

Lazy Writ Crafter

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Oh and another one this one cannot live without - Treasure Maps!
    Edited by SantieClaws on October 29, 2019 1:29PM
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    malistorr wrote: »
    Hi all,

I use the add-ons to show me lore books and skyshard locations, so please don't include those 2 in your list. But please tell me what 3 add-ons you consider essential (your top-3) and why.
    Add-ons and whether they work or not change over time, so I'm asking this (even if it's been discussed before) because things change. Thanks in advance.

I think it depends on what kind of activities a player does in game. For me, the only addon I would call essential, and choose if I could only have one, is Srendarr <3 My next two would be Combat Metrics and Raid Notifier. The reason is that I like playing veteran content as a dps, and they help greatly with uptimes, knowing how much damage I'm doing, and mechanics. I have to cheekily add a fourth choice, however, because I love decorating houses as well, and Essential Housing Tool is an amazing addon for all things Housing.
  • Altaire
    Altaire
    ✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    For me it would have to be:

1) Mini Map. I like Fyrakin's, but there's others which work too. I have no sense of direction so I really struggle without a mini map, even using custom markers on the compass it's really easy for me to get turned around and end up going in the wrong direction.

2) Advanced Filters. It adds sub-categories and other options to your inventory and bank which make it far easier to find what you're looking for.

3) Azurah. This one does loads of stuff but the important ones for me are that it lets me move and resize the default UI, and colour names based on the reaction to you - enemies are red, players are blue, friendly NPCs are green and non-agressive but killable NPCs are yellow.

(Since Advanced Filters has come up a lot already I'm also going to include a 4th - Binder - which saves and loads sets of keybindings using chat codes. So if I start a new character all I do is type /binder load Main and I've got all my normal key bindings, and if I want to change them I can experiment then instantly go back to what I had, or easily copy the change to all my characters.)

Azurar. still not working after patch as FTC also.
  • daedalusAI
    daedalusAI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. UI addon, for me BanditUI
    2. Lazy Writ Crafter
    3. Auto Category - Revised