The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.3 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Poison injection - quad nerfed?

Dr_Ganknstein
Dr_Ganknstein
✭✭✭✭✭
Will the execute damage be increased since the dot damage is being reduced tremendously? Are we not supposed to be using this skill anymore or something? It's basically a quad nerf. Higher cost, less direct damage, less execute damage and less dot damage. I thought the reason the other stuff got nerfed was because t HF e dot damage was increased?

Poison Arrow changes last patch:

1. Increased the cost to 2700 from 2430 on all morphs.

2. Decreased the initial hit damage by approximately 17% on all morphs.

3. Increased the damage over time portion on all morphs by approximately 78% per tick.

4. Poison Injection (morph): Reduced the total execute multiplier of this morph to 100% from 260%

Poison Arrow changes next patch:
1. Decreased the damage per tick of this ability and its morphs by approximately 63%.
Edited by Dr_Ganknstein on October 2, 2019 10:12PM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS took pity on the guy spamming only snipe from across the room, so they made that the meta build.
    Options
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather have the old version.
    Options
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Poison Injection is not worth slotting on PTS. They gutted it.
    Options
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love to see how the current combat team destroy the greatest mmorpg.
    Options
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t worry, in a future patch, Master’s Bow will give an increase of 100 weapon damage to targets affected by Poison Injection, but only for the first five seconds.
    Options
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's almost like they applied some nerfs along with a buff last patch only to pull the buff part of that out with the next patch resulting in this quad nerf you are talking about.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say we were set up from the start to make those first set of nerfs more palatable, then spring insane nerfs this pts cycle and dial them back so we all thank them for this quad nerf. That would be absolutely diabolical... Yeah, that sounds like something they might do.
    Options
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZoS made an oopsie.

They changed a LOT to fit with scalebreaker. Scalebreaker then itself didn't fit with ZoS values. So they undo what they don't like which is DoT based damage. Everything else is left basically as "too much time" to deal with.

VMA daggers is in a similar position. Wasn't really used before scale -> Nerf 50% for scale -> Dots reduced -> VMA still has scalebreaker values because, because.
    Options
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccfeeling wrote: »
    I love to see how the current combat team destroy the greatest mmorpg.

Its Live bb
    Options
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    karekiz wrote: »
    ZoS made an oopsie.

They changed a LOT to fit with scalebreaker. Scalebreaker then itself didn't fit with ZoS values. So they undo what they don't like which is DoT based damage. Everything else is left basically as "too much time" to deal with.

VMA daggers is in a similar position. Wasn't really used before scale -> Nerf 50% for scale -> Dots reduced -> VMA still has scalebreaker values because, because.

Presumably vMA DW is going to be fixed, since they did mention sets and passives would have to be adjusted.

It's just pretty ridiculous that there's going to be virtually no time to test any of this stuff before it goes live.

I feel like a broken record but this PTS period has just been awful. Terribad job by ZOS all around. Bad ideas, bad execution of those ideas, and then half-assed damage control. Really hope they take some serious time to do some real introspection when this is over and figure out how to never repeat it again.
    Options
  • Muzzick
    Muzzick
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would not mind the initial hit portion getting buffed and being a proper ranged execute. It would give bow builds an execute but would also not make bow a must on builds as it was before, since the dot portion is weak
    Edited by Muzzick on October 3, 2019 4:46AM
    Options
  • Sureshawt
    Sureshawt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed...not worth slotting given the cumulative effect of the last patch and the proposed patch. It's coming off my bar if this goes live.
    Options
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Typical zos nerf. No minor adjustments just mass nerfs to make skills and equipment useless. The only positive is it will shake up the long time stam meta of back barring poison injection in pvp.
    Options
  • Drako_Ei
    Drako_Ei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS' expert mathematicians think nerfing an ability by 70% will undo a previous 70% buff....

Spoiler: It doesnt, If you have A skill that deals 100 damage, and you buff it by 50%, then nerf it by 50%, you are not undoing the nerf, because now "A" deals 75 damage
    Options