The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hi and welcome to the Dragon Crash event!

• Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A true showcase of the sorry state of the game
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just put up some messaging in another forum thread, but for visibility here, we just applied a hotfix on all platforms and megaservers to prevent this crash. It turns out the crash was tied to a specific animation when evolving your Nascent Indrik into the Onyx Indrik. Now when you evolve your Indrik using the Onyx Berries, you will see a Dawnwood Indrik leap from the portal during the evolution animation. This is just a visual side effect from the hotfix we applied, and you will still be able to mount the proper looking Onyx Indrik post-evolution. This will be fully fixed when Update 24 goes live.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • cheifsoap
    cheifsoap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a bizarre bug.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just put up some messaging in another forum thread, but for visibility here, we just applied a hotfix on all platforms and megaservers to prevent this crash. It turns out the crash was tied to a specific animation when evolving your Nascent Indrik into the Onyx Indrik. Now when you evolve your Indrik using the Onyx Berries, you will see a Dawnwood Indrik leap from the portal during the evolution animation. This is just a visual side effect from the hotfix we applied, and you will still be able to mount the proper looking Onyx Indrik post-evolution. This will be fully fixed when Update 24 goes live.

Thanks @ZOS_GinaBruno - but what about the crashes in e.g. Vulkhel Guard which are unrelated to evolving a Nascent Indrik?
  • Malem_Benign
    Malem_Benign
    ✭✭✭

Confirm fix
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's all fault of the Indriks! Those evil creatures! :#

SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

Thanks @ZOS_GinaBruno - but what about the crashes in e.g. Vulkhel Guard which are unrelated to evolving a Nascent Indrik?

I think the crashes there are indeed related.

Remember... Vulkhel Guard is where an event merchant is located.

Many people will be summoning their Indrik... Don't forget, that the animation can be seen by anyone in the vicinity, not just the owner.

This leads me to believe that the reason crashes were so prevalent in Vulkhel Guard is due to the fact you're likely in close proximity to *someone* summoning their Indrik. It's day one so people will be summoning every few minutes, likely more often.

Because your system still has to run the summoning even if it's not yours... I think simply seeing it would have been enough to crash your game.

@Tandor
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For clarity, the animation was apparently causing both the person evolving their indrik and the people around them to crash...
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    For clarity, the animation was apparently causing both the person evolving their indrik and the people around them to crash...

Exactly.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What this means is...

... that bug that allowed people to get their onyx indrik with one berry should have been left alone for all the community to benefit from.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never heard of that one berry Indrik bug..
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    I have never heard of that one berry Indrik bug..

It was right when the very first Onyx berry was available. Basically if you used it just after it was dropped, and before the hotfix, you would get your Onyx Indrik without needing the other three berries.
  • Haenk
    Haenk
    ✭✭✭✭
    2 CTDs - no Indrik or berries involved
  • TruthSeeker
    TruthSeeker
    ✭✭✭

My game crashed multiple times on both servers but it has nothing to do with the Onyx or Nascent Indrik. I don't even want the Onyx Indrik. It is, however, connected to proximity to the Impresario.

Edit: just read up the page and realised that other people were upgrading their Indrik then that caused my crashes... Going to try to log in now.

Edit 2: No more crashes!! 👍 😃
    Edited by TruthSeeker on October 3, 2019 8:11PM
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

My game crashed multiple times on both servers but it has nothing to do with the Onyx or Nascent Indrik. I don't even want the Onyx Indrik. It is, however, connected to proximity to the Impresario.

That is because someone was summoning the Indrik near the event merchant. ;)
  • Vandellia
    Vandellia
    ✭✭✭
    New symptom after trying to interact with item in elsweyr i crashed out . tried to get back into game but ended up at endless load screen closed the game but still heard game music was still playing went to task manager and closed out game but music continued to play nothing else was open. game was hung in memory id guess
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Many people will be summoning their Indrik... Don't forget, that the animation can be seen by anyone in the vicinity, not just the owner.

This leads me to believe that the reason crashes were so prevalent in Vulkhel Guard is due to the fact you're likely in close proximity to *someone* summoning their Indrik. It's day one so people will be summoning every few minutes, likely more often.

Because your system still has to run the summoning even if it's not yours... I think simply seeing it would have been enough to crash your game.

@Tandor

Thanks for clarifying that. Because it crashed while the daily login reward screen was still up I had no idea what was going on around me. I wondered if it was a separate issue as some were posting earlier about it happening when a dragon was flying overhead. It sounds like they were actually suffering from the animation issue with the overhead dragon merely being coincidental.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@Tandor

Thanks for clarifying that. Because it crashed while the daily login reward screen was still up I had no idea what was going on around me. I wondered if it was a separate issue as some were posting earlier about it happening when a dragon was flying overhead. It sounds like they were actually suffering from the animation issue with the overhead dragon merely being coincidental.

Absolutely sir. The Dragons appear over all the main cities so the chance of seeing a dragon when the crash is high, as the event merchants are also at main cities.

I completely see where you are coming from in linking the crash to the Dragon prior though.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Logged in shortly after Gina's hotfix was applied with my character that was 'crash stuck' near the Auridon Empressario and the problem appears to be fixed for me. Was able to shop with her then go do some questing in Elsweyr with no problems. Thanks for the hotfix and I hope it has helped others as well. :)
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on October 3, 2019 9:32PM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Amphithoe
    Amphithoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No crashes but got a solid 3 frames per second.
    Guildmaster: School of Julianos
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad I filled out the crash report when that happened to me. It was exactly when I did crash, once on mine and once when someone else did theirs next to me.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • Baumlaus
    Baumlaus
    ✭✭✭
    I am currently still getting disconnects despite the hotfix on my character. I neither bought, touched, or morphed any berry or indrik. I just looked into the impressarios stocks to see what she offered and I am still having a disconnect every 3-4min on that particular character
    Unchained Animals - EU - @Baumlaus
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had Onyx berry-combine spawn crash; fast-travel load-screen infinite spins; and my first map zoom out glitch in a long time when attempting to use a Wayshrine, making port to Elsweyr impossible without restart.

S.
  • GusTheWizard
    GusTheWizard
    ✭✭✭✭
    0 crashes, played all day, killed dragons, did trials and went to all the main zone to see the dragons In the sky (I’m a Breton)