The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

BGs or PVP in general would be a lot more fun wihtout 2h skills

• Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Most players are fotm.

Err scratch that - most players play the very best option period. They don't have a style; they don't have a preference, they just play the best sets, and weapon options.

Not knocking them btw.

So atm 2h is the best Stam weapon choice; as soon as it gets nerfed below another option all you'll see is that option.

Ant skill/set/class is fine in moderation (as far as being annoying) but there's little diversity and you'll consistently see the same things over and over.

That's kind of what it takes to win, find all the competitive edges you can, and exploit every single one. In ESO, that means FOTM builds, much like most other multiplayer games with a competitive mode.
  • Shanehere
    Shanehere
    ✭✭✭
    festher wrote: »

oh please stop makling people belive that work in BGs lol. you are gonna block a few times maybe dodge and then you are out of stam and certainly near dead and you havent given any damage AT ALL and if you have, it is healed WHILE damaging you... sigh

It absolutely does work. It is a skill that is required to be in your face in order to land, all it takes is for someone to pay attention to what the enemy is doing to find a workaround for it.

Why do you think Stam Wardens are so good in group PvP and open world, but one of the worst classes in duels? Because they rely on sub assault and most also run dizzy as their spammable. Two of the easiest skills to counter, because you can see their animations coming from a mile away.
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    festher wrote: »
    simple answer is learn to counter play

No. there is no counter for magicka. And we dont roll dodge. In BG there is no stam or stam recovery for that luxery.
    injection, Vigor and then spam 2h stuff. easy as ***. and i do the same. its just boring.
    I do just fine on my Magden/Magblade
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magblade.
    Spinner, julianos, chudan.
    Both bar.
    Entrophy, impale, debilitate, funnel, clench.
    7x impen, 7x health, 5x infused, 5x dmg.
    Still viable, just saying
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Give stam an actually good spammable that either isn't clunky to use (Flurry), or doesn't require other damage behind it to make it work well (Steel Tornado, Reverse Slice), and most people would probably move away from Dizzy spam.

The biggest reason why Dizzy is so ubiquitous is because 4 of the 6 stamina classes in the game don't have a good alternative. As already mentioned, dual wield and 2H both don't offer good alternatives. Sword and board did, but forum cryhards got SnB nerfed. Crushing Weapon is clunky to land in melee range, and the new Fighters Guild crossbow has a clunky animation and is pretty expensive.

It's easy to cry about stam, when mag has unique tools built into their class kits. Give stam actually good class-specific spammables, DoT's, heals, executes, etc, and you wouldn't see everything you mentioned used nearly as often.
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP clearly is confused. title meant to say Bow, not 2H.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • Sav
    Sav
    D Swing is easy to counter lol I play both Stam and Mag, Open-World and BG's (although the dots pushed me away from BG's lately) and I've never have a problem against D Swing. It seems like a L2p issue on your end.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be a lot more fun if people let me win. I mean, make it look like I’m going to lose, but in the end, just let me win anyway.
  • Barbaran
    Barbaran
    ✭✭✭✭
    If your so bad you can't counter a telegraphed attack with a cast time with a very small range and window of success, just quit.