The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.2 is available.

Combat changes

bulcke10
bulcke10
✭✭✭
Do you quit eso if combat changes are bad tomorrow ?

Combat changes 92 votes

Yes
20%
BlueRavenExpertSeaUnicornJodynnTanis-StormbinderRagnaroek93Lucky28Caff32TheHsNBarbaranTheNightflameClawOfTheTwoMoonsBaccaroodaRevokusGunzorkKryserwedgezVictor_BladeThePhantomThorn 19 votes
No
27%
idkkickback120ub17_ESOtechnohicCouslystreetmagicRhaegar75RastorickalunteTheEverwordrafaelcsmaiaWeisstagAeremBobby_V_RockitElwendryllvestahlsJierdanitAurieyeplebrabidmyersSiohwenoeht 25 votes
I play less until Q1 2020
48%
DeathStalkerPdoherty4637_ESOBigBraggAerenelDavadinwild_kmacdb16_ESOkojourelentlessyouthofficialneb18_ESOwookikiller95actoshArcirisredspecter23InvictusApolloNomadic_MindCalboyku5hThe_LexsentientomegaTarrocanDyingStarman 45 votes
I like the changes
3%
karekizThePedgealbertberku 3 votes
  • Gunzork
    Gunzork
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Never replayed again and cancelled my eso plus since the pts patch 5.2.0 so I'm waiting to see if something will change and if not i'm definetely done with that game! (Paying since 2014)
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Going to keep pushing for raid achievements until this abomination of a patch goes live.

If it goes live as-is, and my team's Godslayer progression is RIP, I'm going to have a hard time convincing myself to stick around.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i got annual sub, so ill check in until June 2020 at least. if daily login reward ever gets interesting again.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. But if PVP goes another year without substantial performance updates to fix issues in Cyrodiil, I may begin limiting myself solely to overland questing where the performance is better and combat changes don't matter.
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. I (stupidly) paid for an annual sub. Should've known better. But yes: if things aren't looking much better by the time it runs out, I'm gone. Next chapter better be bomb af.
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The performance of PvP is tragic. And I honestly do not believe ZOS will manage to change that. They have failed once already. They have dedicated a whole year towards it and nothing has changed for the better.
  • wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won’t quit but will be severely disappointed. Quitting does seem extreme but the game revolves around combat so much that I can understand it.
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll probably play every now and again, as I did during Scalebreaker, but most of my time will be spent elsewhere.
  • Kryser
    Kryser
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I used to annually subscribe, then I moved on to monthly, I havent played at all since the dot meta last patch.
    1 dot 2 dot 3 dot 4 dot barswap repeat is too damn boring

Pvp lag makes me rage and I havent enjoyed it for over a year. Unless I start taking anger management courses at my local community college.
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    eso is the best mmorpG!
    Edited by rabidmyers on September 30, 2019 9:23PM
    at a place nobody knows
  • DCanadianBacon
    DCanadianBacon
    ✭✭✭
    I have a lot of friends who are planning to continue playing the game, so I'll stick around for them, but I think my own playtime will drastically decrease. Good thing I have a lot of Overworld questing and content to catch up on, since endgame PvE and PvP aren't gonna keep me going if the combat changes go live in their current implementation.
    Edited by DCanadianBacon on September 30, 2019 9:26PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I'll do what Ive always done. Play it so long as I find a way to enjoy it. Log off when I don't. Probably will be that way until a valid substitute shows up.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    5mnuu5hds15u.png
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Well after a continual sub since beta, I cancelled shortly after that awful eso twitch show a week or two ago. But I am on a six month sub plan that does not end until November.

Quite frankly even if the patch is passable, do I want to renew? Do I want to keep rewarding them for the changes I have not liked since they redid the race passives this past January?

I am just tired of this. I like the friends I have made here, but this game keeps pushing me away.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    Well after a continual sub since beta, I cancelled shortly after that awful eso twitch show a week or two ago. But I am on a six month sub plan that does not end until November.

Quite frankly even if the patch is passable, do I want to renew? Do I want to keep rewarding them for the changes I have not liked since they redid the race passives this past January?

I am just tired of this. I like the friends I have made here, but this game keeps pushing me away.

I know exactly how you feel...
    I miss playing with my friends but a lot said screw it because of how bad these changes swing, if I didn't have their discord It would exacerbate the situation.

A lot of my groups and me have unsubbed, just riding out until U24 hoping it doesn't end this way.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like the changes
    jcm2606 wrote: »
    I'll probably play every now and again, as I did during Scalebreaker, but most of my time will be spent elsewhere.

Heh they even named the expansion correctly for all this.
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    already quitted and just lurking on forums go ESO is changing and just laughting with amazement as how pathetic there can be changes in an MMO and this MMO still staying alive because of I wont write it here as it will get me ban for harrasing players xD
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Frankly the way this game is going is beyond disappointing. I was pretty much resolved to give FF14 and WoW classic a try a little bit before the patch was announced, so yeah. Cast times (something i hate and one of the reasons i like(d) ESO over other MMO's) death of class identity, and making every single skill in this game the same. ESO is losing it's unique flavor.

Edited by Lucky28 on September 30, 2019 10:34PM
    Invictus
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I won't quit because I'm a guild leader and love to be with my friends, also I played since day 1, thousands and thousands of hours, I feel like it's more trouble to quit than to stay.

I won't be cancelling my subscription because I love housing.

I won't spend a single cent on buying crowns until they get their act together with the combat changes.

I already spend less time than I used to, 30 mins only from 5 hours a day in the past.

I don't feel like running any kind of PVE because the constant and bad changes, so that is one less body to foster group content.

While I want to PVP daily, crashes and bad performance in Cyrodiil do get old really fast. Battlegrounds perform really great, but I can see that won't be fun anymore because I'm an one character guy and picked the DK 5 years ago.
  • Jem_Kindheart
    Jem_Kindheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably cut back even more than I have. The lest trial achieves are further and further out of reach with each patch, not because my healing gets worse lol, it keeps improving. But because prog groups are falling apart as regulars and veterans are fed up. 1 raid guild has already collapsed, the other is fine sorta but each week we're struggling to fill half the slots to go. That's not progression when each week is week 1 over and over with half a new team lol.

I'll probably stick around and help the mid tier ppl get some clears or the easier skins, but that's probably about it.
    Longtimer since beta, the usual. 26 CP toons. ~1700cp on main account, 1000cp on 2nd account. Endgame-ish lol. Most Vets / some HM's cleared.
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the changes
    No
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm thinking on getting a second Master Angler, they cant nerf Fishing now, can they?
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arciris wrote: »
    I'm thinking on getting a second Master Angler, they cant nerf Fishing now, can they?

ZOS: hold my nerf-sledgehammer, Im going for demolition nerf-hammer!
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    If no improvements to Necromancer is made tomorrow yes I'll probably take a long break until something is done.
    Edited by Revokus on September 30, 2019 11:08PM
    Playing since January 23, 2016
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edziu wrote: »
    Arciris wrote: »

ZOS: hold my nerf-sledgehammer, Im going for demolition nerf-hammer!

k7fvsglducvx.jpg