The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Housing Podcast

Elara_Northwind
Elara_Northwind
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Good afternoon, morning, or whatever time it may be in your corner of the world! :)

Starting from next week, I shall be hosting a podcast series, in which each episode shall focus on a different issue relating to housing! The podcast will be fortnightly, and I am currently looking for people with strong views on the issues outlined below to come and join in on the discussions! I'm ideally looking for between 2 and 5 guests per podcast, which will each last for approximately 1 hour.

The discussions shall be taking part on discord voice chat, and everybody from the community is welcome to join! Weather you are a content creator, a housing addict or just somebody who enjoys that part of the game! If you have strong feelings about a subject, come and talk about them with us and let your voice be heard! It would be great to have people with varying opinions on the different subject matters at hand, so that we may have more in depth discussions! No arguments though, just constructive and friendly conversation where we can hear and understand different views on a subject and highlight different issues we may not have thought about before!

If you are interested in joining any of the discussion topics listed below, or if there are any other issues relating to housing that you feel strongly about and would like to discuss, please contact me, either here on the forums, on discord, or you can contact me by email at ElaraNorthwind@gmail.com and I shall send you an invite link to our discord channel where you will be able to view the different points up for discussion and make any notes needed prior to the discussion so that you don’t miss out anything important that you wish to discuss! It’s probably best not to try and contact me in game directly, just because I tend to get quite a lot of messages, and it can be difficult to keep up with them and who is who with the way the mail system is in game.

I have a list of topics which will be up for discussion in future (and am adding to this as time goes by ,but currently, the first planned discussions include;

The two new homes on the pts
The Hall of the Lunar Champion
Furnishing plan acquisition and crafting
The Cost of Housing
Housing Functionality
Item Limits
Storage
Items we would like to see in housing (wishlist)

There may potentially be a change in order of these, or additional topics added in between, and some are so closely related that they may end up merging together, but I shall keep this thread up to date with the most recent information for anybody interested in joining in! And if you are unable to join in, then please feel free to make any comments on the issue being discussed here, and I shall be sure to include them!

The first discussion will be about the two new homes on the pts! So if you have PTS and have opinions about these and wish to come and discuss them with us, we shall be beginning at 8pm (GMT) on discord, and we shall need to have a chat about the podcast beforehand too and do a quick 5 minute recording in game to be added to the video, so please let me know asap, by tonight or tomorrow morning if possible, so that we can be prepared.

Thank you so much for your time in reading this, I hope that some of you will join in, and I hope that everybody else will enjoy the podcast and that it will cover any issues that people may have!!!

xxx
Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • HanzeeBokeem
    HanzeeBokeem
    ✭✭✭
    Splendid idea, look forward to the content :)
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Splendid idea, look forward to the content :)

Thanks Hanzee! Although really it was your idea! Haha! :joy:

• Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a good idea but I’m Xbox so no PTS access and I have no idea what discord is or how to use it I just know some people on Xbox sometimes use discord....

I have a sub-topic for the wish list podcast to suggest. Weapons and Armour as furnishings, ZoS already has the assets as seen in various towns across Tamriel.
    I even have some discussion points sorted out:
    - if people think ZoS should add these as furnishings, (I personally think they should, no reason not to given our characters use these items and there’s plenty to be seen around Tamriel)
    - why they think their answer, (my answer is included in my previous brackets)
    - if Zos were to do so how best should they implement it (so Recipes/dungeon drop (perhaps dungeon drop recipe)/Lux furnisher/achieve furnisher) (personally I think achieve furnisher, different racial styles for each zone)

I had more discussion points thought up but well I forgot those as I was typing 😂
    Also just thought for the wish list topic, you could probably use my suggested format for pretty much anything on the wish list

Good luck with the podcasts, looking forward to listening in 🙂

S.A.96
  • NekoTashi
    NekoTashi
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't it much more easier for you to post a Discord link right here?! XD
    PS4/EU Gamer | I don't have haters, just fans in denial.
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds like a good idea but I’m Xbox so no PTS access and I have no idea what discord is or how to use it I just know some people on Xbox sometimes use discord....

I have a sub-topic for the wish list podcast to suggest. Weapons and Armour as furnishings, ZoS already has the assets as seen in various towns across Tamriel.
    - if people think ZoS should add these as furnishings, (I personally think they should, no reason not to given our characters use these items and there’s plenty to be seen around Tamriel)
    - if Zos were to do so how best should they implement it (so Recipes/dungeon drop (perhaps dungeon drop recipe)/Lux furnisher/achieve furnisher) (personally I think achieve furnisher, different racial styles for each zone)

I had more discussion points thought up but well I forgot those as I was typing 😂
    Also just thought for the wish list topic, you could probably use my suggested format for pretty much anything on the wish list

S.A.96

Wonderful! Thank you so much @Shadow_Akula 😊❤️ Those are all such great points to discuss, and I shall most definitely include them!

• Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NekoTashi wrote: »
    Isn't it much more easier for you to post a Discord link right here?! XD

It probably would be easier, but at the same time it’s quite a tight knit group on there, and posting the link here could allow any old person or even trolls to join (I love the forums but there do seem to be quite a few who enjoy making trouble!) which is why I thought it would be better to hear from those interested first, so that we are confident that they are in fact housing people 😊🏠

• redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nice initiative, @Elara_Northwind
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice initiative, @Elara_Northwind

Thank you :smile:

• FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice one.

If you would like any support or help re podcasting, the guys at Loreseekers podcast should be able to help..

Best of luck and I look forward to hearing it.
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FierceSam wrote: »
    Nice one.

If you would like any support or help re podcasting, the guys at Loreseekers podcast should be able to help..

Best of luck and I look forward to hearing it.

Thank you so much @FierceSam :smile: I do actually follow the Loreseekers Podcast on Twitter! I'm a bit mad, so I can't promise to be as great or as organised as those guys, but I shall definitely try my best haha! :lol:

• Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

S.A.96

@Shadow_Akula if you do manage to download Discord, feel free to join in any future discussions, or just join our housing Discord group, which includes both console and PC players from both servers! You can even just get it as an app for your phone, if you don't have a pc, and you would be more than welcome :smile:

• Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭

S.A.96

@Shadow_Akula if you do manage to download Discord, feel free to join in any future discussions, or just join our housing Discord group, which includes both console and PC players from both servers! You can even just get it as an app for your phone, if you don't have a pc, and you would be more than welcome :smile:

I’ll see about downloading the app on my phone and thanks @Elara_Northwind 🙂
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Elara_Northwind , this sounds terrific! Thank you for hosting this much needed forum for players to have constructive discussions on the matter!
    I wish you the very best with this new endeavor and look forward to tuning in! 💗🎧