The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I Am Done BGs

• mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    love entropy - best magicka change i've seen since 2017. finally gives mag toons a viable ability to slot for major sorcery that actually does something.

living dark - annoying but I think maybe necessary. magdk feels tanky enough to sorta get by with their defense to fight melee in light armor. most of the other mag toons need something to be able to fight melee and in light. magblade has cloak. my magden is unfortunately using vamp (which does work but was about the only way to do it). My magplar before this patch used vamp with mist to have survival. I dropped vamp and picked up living dark to give it a shot. I can confidently say that without living dark, i would definitely have to go back to vamp in order to play bg's on magplar with the toppling/puncture sweeps type approach. For those that feel the skill is to much, i would suggest playing as a melee magplar in bg's and give it another consideration. Without living dark, you're have all the mobility issues of a stamplar and lack the ability to dodge roll avoid tons of damage that they do.

dizzy swing - dont notice alot of difference

stam healing changes (i.e. removal of aoe healing on vigor) - single worst change of the patch. has made dedicated healers in BG's even more oppressive than they already were. If your team has no heals and the other team has a full spec healer - you're toast. Part of the reason damage from all sources, including dots, seems so strong this patch is because healing took a major nose dive with no group vigor healing occurring anymore in bg's.

soul trap - good universal dot for anyone/everyone to use. it's not oppressive. you sacrifice something if you choose to run this and that is not inconsequential.

Overall - mag toons feel more interesting and versatile in bg's with this patch. which i think is a good thing. dots are no where near as ridiculous as people claim, especially with the proliferation of rituals running around. Healing changes are terrible. premades vs. pugs are still - as always - an issue.

oh - and RIP to sword and board. a complete gut job for a line that was totally unnecessary. tone damage down if you must, but gutting the debuffs of a utility line meant to debuff/control is extremely unfortunate.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mursie wrote: »
    love entropy - best magicka change i've seen since 2017. finally gives mag toons a viable ability to slot for major sorcery that actually does something.

living dark - annoying but I think maybe necessary. magdk feels tanky enough to sorta get by with their defense to fight melee in light armor. most of the other mag toons need something to be able to fight melee and in light. magblade has cloak. my magden is unfortunately using vamp (which does work but was about the only way to do it). My magplar before this patch used vamp with mist to have survival. I dropped vamp and picked up living dark to give it a shot. I can confidently say that without living dark, i would definitely have to go back to vamp in order to play bg's on magplar with the toppling/puncture sweeps type approach. For those that feel the skill is to much, i would suggest playing as a melee magplar in bg's and give it another consideration. Without living dark, you're have all the mobility issues of a stamplar and lack the ability to dodge roll avoid tons of damage that they do.

stam healing changes (i.e. removal of aoe healing on vigor) - single worst change of the patch. has made dedicated healers in BG's even more oppressive than they already were. If your team has no heals and the other team has a full spec healer - you're toast. Part of the reason damage from all sources, including dots, seems so strong this patch is because healing took a major nose dive with no group vigor healing occurring anymore in bg's.

soul trap - good universal dot for anyone/everyone to use. it's not oppressive. you sacrifice something if you choose to run this and that is not inconsequential.

Overall - mag toons feel more interesting and versatile in bg's with this patch. which i think is a good thing. dots are no where near as ridiculous as people claim, especially with the proliferation of rituals running around. Healing changes are terrible. premades vs. pugs are still - as always - an issue.

oh - and RIP to sword and board. a complete gut job for a line that was totally unnecessary. tone damage down if you must, but gutting the debuffs of a utility line meant to debuff/control is extremely unfortunate.

Agree with S&B so much. So depressing how it feels that 2h and dw are the only viable front bar weapons.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the most part, I have to say that BG's haven't felt any worse on the hole after this patch. My only complaint is having to wait for my freaking ultimates to land...
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    mursie wrote: »

Vigor change is atrocius for sure, and i agree healers are much more needed now.
    As someone who play(among other things) melee magplar too, i agree the healing from living dark is much needed. Unfortunately, it makes templar healers way too tanky, especially since those dont have to drop block to servr their purpose.
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    Revokus wrote: »
    Damage is way too high in bg's and then you hear people trying to defend no-cp as if it's more balanced than cp lol
    Nah, the 11,065 damage Onslaught I took a little bit ago was totally balanced.

Almost as balanced as the 9.6k Dizzying Swing I kept taking the other day ... with a hardened ward of 7,7k.

A spammable that deals more damage than the main burst defensive tool and also stuns you for ages b/c breaking it gets massively delayed seems really balanced @ZOS. Why didn't you learn from back in the days like 4 years ago when we had the exact same thing ...
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can still do well as magicka. You just have to adjust to the changes and think outside the box. I’d say how I’m doing well but there are too many ‘experts’ who will tell me I’m wrong. It’s a bit of an adjustment but if you’re clever it should be obvious.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • chrightt
    chrightt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    You can still do well as magicka. You just have to adjust to the changes and think outside the box. I’d say how I’m doing well but there are too many ‘experts’ who will tell me I’m wrong. It’s a bit of an adjustment but if you’re clever it should be obvious.

Well doing well is relative. Anyone can "do well" while fighting people below their skill/gear level. I guess it depends on how much BGs you play, your win rate, and what kind of PVP you play. Not saying you suck here but some "experts" might actually be real experts so their meta might be different from yours.
    Galarthor wrote: »
    Damage is way too high in bg's and then you hear people trying to defend no-cp as if it's more balanced than cp lol

Almost as balanced as the 9.6k Dizzying Swing I kept taking the other day ... with a hardened ward of 7,7k.

A spammable that deals more damage than the main burst defensive tool and also stuns you for ages b/c breaking it gets massively delayed seems really balanced @ZOS. Why didn't you learn from back in the days like 4 years ago when we had the exact same thing ...

ikr, smh and there are still people thinking magsorc is OP. It is anything but OP.

Firstmep wrote: »

Vigor change is atrocius for sure, and i agree healers are much more needed now.
    As someone who play(among other things) melee magplar too, i agree the healing from living dark is much needed. Unfortunately, it makes templar healers way too tanky, especially since those dont have to drop block to servr their purpose.

Vigor was definitely OP. Stamina and magicka should have their distinct properties. With stamina's ability to break cc, roll dodge, sprint, block much more easily if a short but powerful HoT like vigor is AoE it really is OP. Personally, I find vigor's changes to be quite refreshing and now people finally need to decide which morph they want. For most 1vXers or non-team oriented players they'll pick the single target morph. A group of buddies or people used to working in stam teams picking the AoE form of vigor will definitely get more value out of it. The two morphs finally have a decent trade off.
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, they screwed up by CHANGING THOSE TWO BG MAPS!!!
    THOSE MAPS WERE FINE!!!!
  • Rebirthment
    Rebirthment
    ✭✭✭✭

Is it worth slotting onslaught or the other morph over dawnbreaker? To me it looks like it could be stronger but then it has a small cast time and costs more.
  • Ucarious
    Ucarious
    ✭✭✭

Is it worth slotting onslaught or the other morph over dawnbreaker? To me it looks like it could be stronger but then it has a small cast time and costs more.

Onslaught is the cheese whiz.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ucarious wrote: »
    Why do I feel like the people complaining the most about the changes are the ones refusing to revamp their builds to suit the "meta"? Honestly, you do realize Hist and Curse Eater sets exist right? Sure you lose out on some of your previous patches build damage but from the looks of PvP in this new patch, straight damage isn't the way to go anymore but a balance of defense and damage.

P.S. I don't play the 3 meta classes (DK, Warden and Templar) so drop that assumption before you even make it.

Ummm, Magsorc not meta??????

Mag Sorc is only meta for masochists.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • carrielynne
    I agree with those who say adapt- I adjusted a few things and still kick lots of ass in BG's :)
  • Rebirthment
    Rebirthment
    ✭✭✭✭
    Living dark and turn evil are just the 2 things that are frustrating to deal with lately. That and all the snipes and other NBs these days in BGs but I think that's always been the same
  • Cerotonin
    Cerotonin
    ✭✭✭
    I do love Warden the most, but there’s no reliable stun. Its only class stun is a heal that needs a target in order to cast. There’s also the permafrost, but that takes a buttload of ultimate as well.

I’ve been playing my NightBlade the most. I didn’t need to change much to it. Might roll it to magicka though.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nothing new mate...learn and adapt!
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I played a few games of BG yesterday. It seemed ok nothing like "Omg.. i will never play again". Seemed balanced in a weird way, nothing I seen was OP.

Not related to BG but I noticed a few "unkillable" builds ( after the last patch ) starting to show up in PvP. Unkillable meaning having 10 players run around and give up trying to kill 1 player.

Edited by vamp_emily on September 1, 2019 11:23AM

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't change my build, dove into BGs.

I felt way more tanky and less offensive for some reason.

Seemed to be way over healing for the most part.

Btw fing hate what they did to that BG map. It's just now my least favorite map
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Haven't gone into a BG in over a month and I'm not missing it one bit. The amount of toxic groups I've been seeing in there recently have ruined the gameplay for me altogether.
  • Rebirthment
    Rebirthment
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stam warden feels pretty decent so far but im having a hard time landing my dizzy swings since most people walk past me or just easily get out of range like stamsorcs NBs etc.

I try and move my camera and use prey to help target them but it still feels difficult.
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ucarious wrote: »
    Why do I feel like the people complaining the most about the changes are the ones refusing to revamp their builds to suit the "meta"? Honestly, you do realize Hist and Curse Eater sets exist right? Sure you lose out on some of your previous patches build damage but from the looks of PvP in this new patch, straight damage isn't the way to go anymore but a balance of defense and damage.

P.S. I don't play the 3 meta classes (DK, Warden and Templar) so drop that assumption before you even make it.

Ummm, Magsorc not meta??????

Mag Sorc is only meta for masochists.

More like for the deranged forum warriors. And only played by masochists.
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ToxicPAWS wrote: »
    Imagine my pain as a MagWarden with No reliable CC/Stun with Clench changes. I keep getting CC and hit with 10 different things with barely anything to counter that and dont forget self healing is as *** as it was.

Arctic Blast.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm an outlier when it comes to the vigor changes. I never thought it made sense for Stam toons to have the bis group heals. I always found it bad game design, and hopefully I don't get attacked like I normally do when I voice this opinion xD
  • NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was already using dizzy on my stamblade before the patch as it was already outperforming SA in BGs and called for it to be retuned. Now that reach was nerfed for being hybrid spamable and CC dizzy looks especially bad.

Eclipse is just baffling. What is the standard this skill is being compared too? Fossilize is the only one that comes close to the utility but still falls short. I just think they don't know what to do with the skill since it gets overhauled almost every major "balance" patch.

Dot changes I actually like long term. AOE dots being more powerful was just dumb. They could be slightly overtuned but just slightly. No need for a knee jerk nerf. Probably better to just add more tools to deal with them.

Vigor change isn't bad. Like many have said stam ball groups shouldn't have better healing than a group with a mag healer.

That being said a certain $40 soulslike 3rd person shooter/rpg that just came out has been a very pleasant surprise and will be getting my attention since ESO has failed to hold it.
    Edited by NuarBlack on September 4, 2019 12:04AM
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    I do hate the new perma-root Living Dark, but I love D-Swing and feel like it's perfectly balanced now.

Most of the other changes have been fine with me. Healers are still aids but that's nothing new vs last patch.

Lol... I do hate the new D-Swing, but love Living Dark and feel like it's perfectly balanced now... That's funny!! I guess it depends what you are using ah... no bias here.