The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Low FPS on high end PC

Antrix
Antrix
Hi all! I read a lot of similar topics, but did not find an answer to this question in any of them. Why does this game not want to use PC resources? FPS in cities is just awful, and at that time, GPU's simply stand idle and almost not used, as well as the CPU. What is wrong with this trash engine? Really it was impossible to take any other, more popular and less buggy game engine? Guys, did anyone find a solution to this problem? How to make this game utilize hardware?

Specs:
MB: ROG Zenith Extreme
CPU: Threadripper 2990WX (tried both - normal and gaming mode)
GPU: 2x RTX 2080 Ti (NVlink, but also tried with single GPU)
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 128 Gb, 3600
SSD: Samsung 970 Pro 1Tb (game installed right on it)

CGFjevu.jpg
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can see it, there is a script running on it. You can try reducing view distance. Should not take much of change.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Keewo
    Keewo
    ✭✭✭
    Antrix wrote: »
    Specs:
    MB: ROG Zenith Extreme
    CPU: Threadripper 2990WX (tried both - normal and gaming mode)
    GPU: 2x RTX 2080 Ti (NVlink, but also tried with single GPU)
    RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 128 Gb, 3600
    SSD: Samsung 970 Pro 1Tb (game installed right on it)
    Hi there, im playing on a 7 Years old Potatoe.
    Edited by Keewo on September 27, 2019 9:23PM
    Stam Dk aus Leidenschaft
  • Antrix
    Antrix
    Thanx for your reply. Yeah, reducing drawing distance increases FPS, but this is not a solution. Why not just get the game engine to utilize PC hardware? I really love this game but... it's unplayable in terms of comfortable and smooth gameplay. My point is that if in this (or that) game you need to lower the settings on powerful hardware (yes, without exaggeration, i can say that my pc has powerful hardware), then this is a game problem in the first place and developers should pay attention to this instead of adding new items to the crown store. But who cares, right? Meh...
  • blee88
    blee88
    ✭✭
    Setting the viewing distance to 1 or 100 has little to no effect on the stuttering and overall choppy FPS since Scalebreaker patch.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2x 2080 Ti and 128GB of RAM? Holy ***. That makes my laptop look like a calculator.