Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Adding a space to an existing zone -- Would you freak out?

Dusk_Coven
Dusk_Coven
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Suppose ZOS wanted to explore, say, the Great Houses in Vvardenfell with some questlines and really needed a new overland space.
Would you freak out if they had a cart transport you to "somewhere in Vvardenfell", even though the island has already been mapped.

Adding a space to an existing zone -- Would you freak out? 67 votes

Yes. They better not dare do that.
8% 6 votes
No. The island is only representative.
56% 38 votes
Can't they do it another way without messing up the existing island?
26% 18 votes
Something else.
7% 5 votes
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, why not? This could be a viable and cost effective way to revitalize some older areas and make them fresh and relevant to new players. A win-win for ZOS.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • LickingHistSap
    LickingHistSap
    ✭✭✭
    Why not just add the space TO vvardenfell as well?
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS will freak out. I can already hear the screams about cutting the content into pieces to sell it to us twice.

• Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it really that hard to overlay the new content with the old? Its not like they don't have the tech to make changes to your experience that differs from others. Players running around the EP starter zone will see something completely different than what a player that has already completed the island experience.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The zones are representative AND have not been spanned at their maximum.

First, for obvious scale reasons, the explorable open-world is mockup of the "actual" continent.

Among the traditional regions of Tamriel, only Highrock and Valenwood have been mapped, all the other races territories are yet to be completed.

Moreover these zones left unknown places between them.
    Or even...inside them!
    Many uncharted mountains in Valenwood and Summerset, uncharted hills and coasts in Rivenspire, and so on!

Last but not least, the instances.
    Dungeon-type places are already "out" the open-world map while beeing on Tamriel (Scalecaller in winter version of mountains in Stormhaven for instance).
    I'd add the homesteads, which can not reasonably be "one" for each player-character of a server in the story, in facts there must be hundreds of Tel Galen out there... (with different names ... wish we could really rename the homes in the list...)

Regarding Morrowind: Red-Mountain, Sheogorad, Blacklight, Necrom and Port-Telvannis regions are yet to be displayed...
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • jaekobcaed
    jaekobcaed
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be ok with this only after the rest of the game world has been filled up. Otherwise, I don't see a point, since they can continue making DLCs and chapters to fill in the world until it's all mapped out. I envision an ESO where every part of the world -- even uninhabitable areas like parts of Black Marsh and the Alik'r Desert -- are fully in the game world. It's amazing enough that we get to explore nearly all of Tamriel, but man, how awesome would it be to literally have every inch of Tamriel be explorable?
    Isachar Daerenfel of Alinor, Psijic Sage, Master Wizard of the Mage's Guild and heir to the Daerenfel Trading Co.
    [PC/NA]
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's so much empty space in the zones anyway so they can fill that up !
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • AerunSun
    AerunSun
    ✭✭
    Nirn is a lot more then Tamriel. Therefore can we go places other then what we look at now at the map. Why not explore Yokuda, Atmora or Pyandone. Or take it even further, travel in time to join Ysgramor and relive the night of tears.

F.I. a lot of Skyrim dlc' took you to whole new area's by means of caves, hidden door, boat, etc. F.i. Shire, Wyrntooth, Bruma, etc.

Where or when you go is a a matter of using fantasy to rewrite Lore.
    • Bosmer Girl since Morrowind 2002
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Given that the Vvardenfell map already has a chunk of it shown on the map but completely inaccessible... and there is no mention of Silver Run (encountered here) or where it used to be when we visit same...Vvardenfell may have been a bad example for what you're asking; there's already a large piece of it they could use for exactly for what you're describing.

As they already add new content to existing zones (several of the dungeon entrances were added in this manner) I doubt ZOS would change their model now.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Sylianwe
    Sylianwe
    ✭✭✭
    Sure! Because why not? It's always exciting when changes happen to certain zones; I tend to see it as pocket realms seeping through.
    The mind is a walled garden, even death can not touch the flowers blooming there 🌹
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos has already made changes to existing zones with the addition of housing. In some cases they had to make changes to the map. So also some DLC dungeons with one base game zones. That requires changes to an existing zone.

So it already happens.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They do this already. There are a few caves and delves added to the original 15 zones. Auridon has one in the center part of the zone. One in Deeshan almost in the Mournold city limits. There are others.

All it takes is to add a door or cave opening which does not change the overworld all that much. There are even caves and delve doors that dont open, those could be used.
    Edited by Nestor on November 28, 2019 2:14AM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Juzz
    Juzz
    ✭✭✭
    Nay, would like the world to evaluate with the time/chapter progress - that’s the right way to do imho
    Make Skyrim great again.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mean there is a whole other section of Morrowind that could be a whole Chapter zone or pieced out in DLC zones.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't care.

There will always be minor conflicts or inconsistencies in maps with ESO, but as long as they try their base to make it flow I don't see an issue with it.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."