The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Console or pc

• talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭
    I was in a competitive league on PC a few years back. was in a ps4 competitive league a few years back as well. different games. basically since i was 16, and Im 25 now, experienced everything from both platforms for years, and made good money from that too. youre welcome to look me up.
    now regarding eso... PC players play the same, mostly its whoever has better gear that wins, something that allows them to roll dodge more and do more damage etc.. ping, bar switch time, cast times with the internet connection, too many variables. its all numbers right? no actual skill, its an mmo after all.
    BUT when it does get pretty close regarding numbers, i have to give it to the PS4 players. The players i found on PS4 for YEARS are simply way better. i dont have an explanation for that, maybe its easier to get on a PS4 all day and they play more. end result is that the PS4 players are try hards with actual sweat on them, giving you are run for your money.
    On PS4 its all connected, its 1 profile to all your gaming life, people's ego is on the roof. they will try hard like you PC players have never seen before. if you thought you are somewhat good and youre on PC, you havnt experienced anything.
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To those of you who think PS4 is leagues ahead of Xbox I think you'd be surprised, there are a number of really bright minds shaping the Xbox meta. The best players I have met honestly keep to themselves mostly, or run in small 2-4 man groups with other top players. From what I have heard the populations are similar among both consoles, I think there are just less Xbox content creators, thats why it seems like there is less of a presence from us Xbox players.
    Edited by MentalxHammer on September 26, 2019 4:00PM
  • chrightt
    chrightt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let’s be honest, if you threw a console guy on a PC and let him use his controller, even with all the addons pc players are just better for the top portion of the population. You just end up being able to control your characters better than on consoles. Plus, there are pc players like Kristofer who doesn’t use combat addons.

Console players aren’t more skilled, they just suffer from more pain in the ass lack of quality of life stuff so they think a harder to “control” character will mean they’re more skilled. No, they’re just on average weaker than PC players. There is a bigger skill range on console because on the lower end of the spectrum some people are just not used to playing with a controller and controlling their characters well. This is why you more often than not see videos where players look like they have no effing clue what they’re doing or make plays so bad you can do better with your feet in console vids rather than PC vids. On PC it’s just hard to be as bad as some console players.

TL;DR wide skill range on console skews to lower end and occurs due to nature of controllers. PC wipes the floor with console and some people mistakenly tell you console has more “skill” when in fact the only such “skill” is utilizing the controller rather than being good at ESO.
  • TexGod
    TexGod
    ✭✭✭
    NuarBlack wrote: »
    Console players have more skill technically, but would lose to PC if cross play existed because add-ons and mouse/keyboard provide too much of an advantage.

your brain must be so smooth
    @S_oviet
    GM of Cutest Boys
    PC/NA
  • TexGod
    TexGod
    ✭✭✭
    The main reason I keep playing console is because people cant use macros to weave and ani cancel. If you want to use advanced input options you need to actually master them.

Tbh on PC you guys have it easy, there are add ons that practically wipe your ass for you. And honestly we dont even have an effective buff timer on console, you need to remember all of your buff timers in your head.

Who is more skilled? No forum post can say. Are there options on PC that low ability players can utilize to level the playing field? Most certainly.

No one uses macros in ESO your brain is so smooth. It's not hard to use a skill and press right click after how old are you that you can't do a simple task like that.
    @S_oviet
    GM of Cutest Boys
    PC/NA
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Funnily enough, PS4 seems to be leagues ahead of Xbox.

As for PS4 vs PC, pc seems ahead but it seems really close in the dueling area. I think PC is ahead but that has more to do with the home field advantage thing. Pretty sure most top PS4 players are leveling up on pc anyway.

In small scale, pc is ahead by leagues. Console doesn’t even have a small scale scene that I’ve seen.

In 1vX, console has the easier opponents by far since PC baddies can be carried by addons. I agree with combat hammer in that addons can’t make a good player great, but they can make a bad player into an average player. I always get jealous when I watch a console 1vX vid and half of the X hasn’t even realized they’re in a fight until the other half has already died.

Regardless, I think once the top PS4 people finish their pc toons they will be able to be top pc players as well, and I look forward to seeing what their opinion is on this issue.

And I take it this comes from your extensive experience playing solo/small scale on Xbox and PS4?

• MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is a "look at the size of my ***" thread.