Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Kaalgrontiid PS4/NA - AD and EP Siege Fort Ash

katanagirl1
katanagirl1
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
New pvp character on DC on Kaalgrontiid campaign, today I played for about 2 hours and kept running into AD group that when I engaged them, another group of EP players would attack from behind. Behind the death recap screen I could see them group up and move on together afterward.

When going to Fort Ash when it was held by DC but being attacked, ran into both AD and EP there as well. I went to engage what looked like a lone AD player on the wall and didn't see the others until it was too late.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNryFpqMYDE&list=PLGGjwEyVKCjpNeVP6-MCuwzs0s7bzrkc9&index=43
Edited by katanagirl1 on September 24, 2019 5:07AM
Khajiit Stamblade
Dark Elf Magsorc
Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
Orc Stamplar PVP
Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• johnjetau
    johnjetau
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome to DC.

You should probably get used to that, it happens a lot.

• rothtwinsdad
    rothtwinsdad
    ✭✭
    Team Horange
    PS4/NA
    Ace Ventura: Magsorc pve dps
    Bodacious Brutality: Stamblade pve dps
    Freezer Pops: Magden pvp DC
    Nature Boy: Stamden pvp DC
    Tramp Stampler: Magplar pve dps
    Sargent Slaughterfish: Magblade
    Unbreakable: Stampler pvp DC
    Combustible: DK pve tank
    Romancing The Bone: Stamcro pve dps/tank
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    30 day CP no lock OTW...

Will this end? Probably not. If the objective is to play with friends on multiple alliances, why join the locked one after they introduce the new unlocked 30 day? (ZOS should've made one from the start) I think the real objective here isn't to appease people for/against faction hopping so much as use that issue to divide the populations between the campaigns for lag.

edit for clarity
    Edited by NordSwordnBoard on September 24, 2019 2:04PM
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So far in PvP I’ve learned that people think it’s okay to farm PvE players at quest giver locations (like sewer mini-bosses) during events, and that teaming up with friends on other factions to take out the third faction is cool.

I really don’t have another choice for a campaign though, since this one is the only one that is actually populated with players. Do people who do this ever get banned?
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far in PvP I’ve learned that people think it’s okay to farm PvE players at quest giver locations (like sewer mini-bosses) during events, and that teaming up with friends on other factions to take out the third faction is cool.

I really don’t have another choice for a campaign though, since this one is the only one that is actually populated with players. Do people who do this ever get banned?

People taking out questers? Nope. Since the questing is part of a PvPvE zone, PVP is one of the threats that comes with questing in that zone.

Players from different factions working together? That depends.
    Sometimes, that's as designed. Cyrodiil is intended to create some situations of A v A+A. Its intended for two alliances to "work together" to dethrone an emperor or fight the first place faction. Most times there isnt full-blown cooperation, but its common for factions to take advantage of another faction's attacks to "double team" the third faction. Those are more or less "Cyrodiil, working as intended." Its not like ZOS can force enemy groups to fight every enemy they see.

Additionally, its easy to take a narrow view of things. On PC/NA EP, I can say it feels like we're constantly fighting on both fronts...but presumably AD and DC are also fighting each othere on the far side of the map where I rarely play.

On the other hand, if those players are cooperating to AP farm, ZOS does ban players for that. So if they were flipping flags without fighting in order to get AP or deliberately letting themselves get killed to fuel a bigger D tick, then ZOS might take action.

Hope that helps distinguish between "normal" Team Orange and "ban-worthy" Team Orange.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Right, I meant the cross-faction cooperation. If it were coincidental, as you first described, then that seems legit. It’s when you see them teaming up to take keeps intentionally that seems wrong to me. That is what I was seeing a lot yesterday. It’s like they do that because it gives them an advantage and they can take a bigger chunk of the DC keeps because you’re fighting on multiple fronts simulataneously. I know it’s hard for ZOS to be able to track that stuff though.

I wouldn’t expect a ban for farming PvE players for Tel Var stones during events, but honestly - if PvP players think beating PvE players (wearing medium divines gear and using damage-over-time ability skill rotations) with their heavy impen gear and burst builds is so great, I feel sorry for them. That’s pathetic. You’re not going to get much Tel Var anyway, you’re just bullying.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cross-faction cooperation is and always will be a thing one faction has to deal with. Could be intentional? Could be situational?

I understand you're new to the scene, so welcome on that regard. However, DC has been a thorn in the side of AD and EP. And not too long ago DC night capped the map to crown Elusiveshady. I'm pretty sure that set people off.

I've not exactly been active in PvP for the last month or so, but there are certainly people who are still playing that could paint a better picture. Just me opening up my map, and looking at numbers and names isn't enough to tell the whole story of what's been going on.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on September 25, 2019 3:14PM
  • AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happens on every faction. Nothing special
  • Lady_CC_
    Lady_CC_
    Soul Shriven
    I’m sure there are some players out there that create the “green team”, “purple team”, and the “orange team”. However I don’t think it’s as prevalent as people think it is.
    I know from and ep stand point, our groups have “back doored” other alliances. We also get back doored.
    For instance, the clip you showed, I could show you a replica of that exact move done to my group last night at faregyle. Yellow own, ep trying to take, dc back doored.
    Dc has actually done that at faregyle many of times. Alliance together? Doubt it but it looks like it to some I’m sure.
    Edited by Lady_CC_ on September 25, 2019 7:19PM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I know it’s going to just be coincidence sometimes, and I’m sure it happens to all factions. There could just be one guy in PS4 party chat with his buddy on another faction giving info on what’s happening and directing a small group. This sort of thing happens a lot of my DC character though, several times a day actually. It’s just these groups actions indicate they are intentionally working together.

I might be new to DC PvP campaign, but I have also spent a lot of time in Cyrodiil solo on my AD PvE main toon. In addition to participating in a couple of the Midyear Mayhem events for achievements, I have also done every dolmen in Cyrodiil, done all the daily quests, cleared all delves, and got all skyshards, including the ones behind enemy gates. So I’ve seen quite a lot. I have run into enemy players at these dolmens and in these delves and you know what? Almost every time we just did what we came to do and went our separate ways. That is pretty awesome! I assume they were just doing achievements like me, and neither of us wanted to take a chance on dying and trekking all the way back. I like to think they are showing some sportsmanship too, just so you don’t think I have a bad view on other players all the time.

Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It just goes to show that you really have to pay attention to enemy nameplates. Decide who you're going to mess with, or avoid.

Typically when I see the groups you're referring to, I leave them alone but also don't put myself into situations where they can Xv1 me. Cause I know they don't care. They just want AP.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It just goes to show that you really have to pay attention to enemy nameplates. Decide who you're going to mess with, or avoid.

Typically when I see the groups you're referring to, I leave them alone but also don't put myself into situations where they can Xv1 me. Cause I know they don't care. They just want AP.

I should heed your advice, lol!

I ended up playing Ring-Around-the-Rosie with several high-ranking members of Team Orange today at various resource tower locations today. Needless to say I was farmed repeatedly. Why are level 50 guys doing that?, I kept thinking.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• cheifsoap
    cheifsoap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i WaNt To PlAy WiTh mY FrIeNdS

Thank god a no lock server is coming so you can and when the server pop is so low its dull and boring, I promise we'll welcome you back to the locked campaign with open arms.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I should heed your advice, lol!

I ended up playing Ring-Around-the-Rosie with several high-ranking members of Team Orange today at various resource tower locations today. Needless to say I was farmed repeatedly. Why are level 50 guys doing that?, I kept thinking.

Because some players enjoy "small scale" via farming players who come out to recapture the resource. They grab the resources and defend it against all comers until an organized raid gets tired of hearing about it and decides to clear them off the resource. The smart ones cut their losses, and the silly ones complain about how they "got zerged."

If by Team Orange, you mean that there were EP and AD players at the same resource, that's...it could be completely legit, but resources tend to be the easiest place to feed each other AP. You'd have to watch for a bit to see if that's what's going on.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah @VaranisArano I have to fight that urge to get back there and take out that guy that killed me, lol!

It just feels like I’m such a quitter when I let him/they win. After the sixth death or so today I finally just said let someone else deal with him and went elsewhere. A couple of other people from my faction were there too, but this was another high-level guy and a buddy or two of his so he was easily avoiding us.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks very much like you had almost all of the opponents scrolls.
    Does your faction cap the map at ungodly hours by chance? Taking all the scrolls and numerous keeps along with them?

It would be good to know what time this video was taken, and also an idea of the scoreboard.
    There is every possibility that if DC are capping the map in the off-hours, that when people do eventually log in, they are real miffed, and are happy to 'team up' to retrieve their scrolls.
    Chances are they are just trying to keep you occupied by any means, in order to pick up their scrolls, and taking the chance to fight whoever is present. As you say, it's the only viable campaign.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @dtsharples I believe I took this video the day before I posted it here, and I play in the afternoon hours of MST. I have no idea what the scoreboard looks like because I am surely nowhere on it.

I also have no idea what’s going on with anything to do with this campaign other than what I’m doing and seeing. I’m not even in a PvP guild or regularly group with people on this campaign.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭
    @dtsharples I believe I took this video the day before I posted it here, and I play in the afternoon hours of MST. I have no idea what the scoreboard looks like because I am surely nowhere on it.

I also have no idea what’s going on with anything to do with this campaign other than what I’m doing and seeing. I’m not even in a PvP guild or regularly group with people on this campaign.

So DC won the last campaign by thousands, and will prob win this one by Thousands as well. It is common for 2 factions to team up on objectives against the winning faction, like was Ash the last Emp Keep, etc. Also at certain times of the night if it is dead, one will find 3 way fights at keeps because there is simply not much else to do.

I play DC exclusively, we have at times sieged side by side with another faction against the winning faction..BUT...it is a game of cat and mouse, eventually we turn and fight it out...after the primary goal of opening a breach is done.
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

• Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cheifsoap wrote: »

Thank god a no lock server is coming so you can and when the server pop is so low its dull and boring, I promise we'll welcome you back to the locked campaign with open arms.

Tbf, it sucks not being able to play my other alliance toons. I enjoy going onto opposing sides so I can meet the people i typically fight against.

I'm actually curious if everyone will jump ship to the non-alliance lock campaign
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    cheifsoap wrote: »

The one thing that is good about this campaign is that there are always lots of people playing, even during the workday.

I liked Shor but sometimes there just wasn’t anything going on.

I hope another campaign doesn’t pull too many people away.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA