The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Jabbed to death

Crucified4sin
Crucified4sin
✭✭✭
to all templars out there

LEARN A DANG COMBO ALREADY!

the jab spam may be effective,
But boy does it reflect poorly on your skill (or lack there of)

Maybe someone will be kind enough to post their combos for you to copy verbatim, just like your entire build xD

• Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dying to jab spam also says alot about a player's skill (or lack thereof).

Just sayin'
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Crucified4sin
    Crucified4sin
    ✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »

Just sayin'

Fair enough, I did say it's effective albeit skill-less.

I have watched a number of templars in bgs running around hitting jab for no apparent reason other then they had stamina or magika .. literally no enemy in sight and they are still spamming.. or they start their spam a good 10meters from their target and continue through till they are out of mana.
    I am not saying all are this way, I've come across templars who had insane combos that dropped everyone in moments, they used jabs also. But they used it with other skills.. Lunging around with jabs just looks silly.

Ive got nothing against the skill mind you, (and DO NOT endorse any more nerfing of any skill for any class etc it's ruining the game imo)..

But when your swarmed by four templars with thier jab spams it is quite difficult to get away unscathed, even for seasoned players I'm sure.

So again I ask where is the joy in spamming, any skill for that matter? personally I don't see it..

As for template build.. if your capable of getting kills as a carbon copy of some YouTube dude should you be proud of that? Was it your doing? Or was it jimmy video stars?

Be proud of your own builds, not some cut and paste from the internet.

Be proud of figuring things out on your own!

Disclosure
    (If this topic comes on as a personal attack to anyone, I want them to look at it like this.. I am trying to light a fire under your bums to get you to learn combo's learn gear sets and be original)

(I do look back at my original post and it does come off a bit sour, and I apologize for that xD, it was directed towards templars alone, and that was wrong. Skill spamming is a problem for all classes.
    Templars were just fresh in my mind from bgs lol)

(My stance on carbon copies stays the same, don't take credit or "fame" for something you didn't create.)

(Aside from the response to the last message, do not take any of this personally)

• SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that's a good name for a toon
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • Crucified4sin
    Crucified4sin
    ✭✭✭

Trademarked xD
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pass the salt pls
    PC EU
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »

Just sayin'

Very true... 😁
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Standing there and taking the damage with a follow up on the forums is not a great combo either.
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol crucified by a templar
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe someone will be kind enough to post their combos for you to copy verbatim, just like your entire build xD

Why should it matter to you if Templars (or any other class) spam an ability?

Or is this the prelude to a 'nerf Templar' post?

• jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With a good build templar jabs are strong af dont act like they aren't guys..
  • Cerotonin
    Cerotonin
    ✭✭✭
    Super easy to set up for jabs. Just gap close (stun/interrupt) and then spam. Maybe even throw in the aedric ultimate.
    have watched a number of templars in bgs running around hitting jab for no apparent reason other then they had stamina or magika ..

Jabs does AoE damage, it can hit Nightblades in cloak. They don’t need to run magelight to kill a Nightblade when they can just pin them down by spamming jabs. Makes it easier for others to close the kill on the Nightblade too.
  • Crucified4sin
    Crucified4sin
    ✭✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    [
    Why should it matter to you if Templars (o

If you read on in the posts you'll see I do not want any nerfing. I want people to learn combos and stop relying on spamming abilities.

And I have apparently touched a nerve with every one else. xD

I didn't realize how heavily skill spamming was relied on by so many..

I do apologize for bringing it up :P
  • Crucified4sin
    Crucified4sin
    ✭✭✭

Jabs does AoE damage, it can hit Nightblades in cloak. They don’t need to run magelight to kill a Nightblade when they can just pin them down by spamming jabs. Makes it easier for others to close the kill on the Nightblade too.

I still don't understand why they did it.. wouldn't it just drain your mana?
    I do agree that it is an effective way to trap nb.
    But there has got to be a more graceful way of going about it lol
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I still don't understand why they did it.. wouldn't it just drain your mana?
    I do agree that it is an effective way to trap nb.
    But there has got to be a more graceful way of going about it lol

Eh, if you just have jabs and no detect pots it's spray and pray. And good NB will make someone look like an idiot jabbing space.

Imo, if there was an NB you probably saw people trying to spaz their way to victory lol.

Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [

If you read on in the posts you'll see I do not want any nerfing. I want people to learn combos and stop relying on spamming abilities.

Jabs is the easiest spammable to avoid in the game. If enemy players are going to act like a target dummy, then why should templars go through the trouble of using elaborate combos?
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a combo, I’ll debuff you and apply dots then charge stun you before jabbing you to death >:)
    Edited by Reverb on September 24, 2019 5:48PM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [

Jabs is the easiest spammable to avoid in the game. If enemy players are going to act like a target dummy, then why should templars go through the trouble of using elaborate combos?

Yea, nothing easier to avoid than an undodgeable aoe while being perma snared and getting immob, gapcloser and cc spammed ...

According to the forums jabs and dizzy are the easiest to avoid skills in the whole game, and yet when looking ingame nobody wants to use one of the aviable alternatives - every single templar /almost all stam builds uses one of those skills (or even both in case of some stamplars). I really wonder why ..
  • lukoi
    lukoi
    ✭✭✭
    Oddly enough I use neither on my stamplar. Maybe Im missing out.
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean I’m not going to say sweeps/jabs don’t hit hard enough to the point that’s all you have to do but I can say that it’s only achievable when someone can’t handle the pressure or they just act like a target dummy/bot.

Plus as a melee build there’s not much of a combo outside of applying your dots and setting up kill burst.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rianai wrote: »
    [

Yea, nothing easier to avoid than an undodgeable aoe while being perma snared and getting immob, gapcloser and cc spammed ...

According to the forums jabs and dizzy are the easiest to avoid skills in the whole game, and yet when looking ingame nobody wants to use one of the aviable alternatives - every single templar /almost all stam builds uses one of those skills (or even both in case of some stamplars). I really wonder why ..

They think that way after seeing one guy with 50% movement speed avoiding jabs, as if they could not avoid any other skill in the game at that point with that much movement speed :D
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use jabs more without setting up my combo when I see targets eating it and taking damage in chunks. Why would i waste a global let alone probably an ultimate decent targets would require?
    Could be telling right there.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nooo I was just killed by Crystal Frag...I stood there and got it in my face...nerf frags

nooo...I got killed by dizzy swings...I just stood there and allowed them to hit me...nerf DS

oh nooo ….I just got killed by a Warden spamming cutting Dive....I just stood there and decided not to block, roll dodge or counterattack...nerf Dive

oh nooooo...just got killed by a DK spamming whip.....I just stood there and decided to be a sitting duck...nerf Whips...

Oh noooooooo………….nerf anything that could kill me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have watched a number of templars in bgs running around hitting jab for no apparent reason other then they had stamina or magika .. literally no enemy in sight and they are still spamming.. or they start their spam a good 10meters from their target and continue through till they are out of mana.
    I am not saying all are this way, I've come across templars who had insane combos that dropped everyone in moments, they used jabs also. But they used it with other skills.. Lunging around with jabs just looks silly.

[/quote]

It's the BOT jabbers.
  • Crucified4sin
    Crucified4sin
    ✭✭✭
    Can one of you advocates explain how to avoid such an onslaught?

I've tried everything I can but nothing seems effective as a permanent solution.. sure I've been able to avoid them some times

And contrary to some beliefs I find it very hard to believe anyone just stands there and "takes it" as a "target dummy"

When i can only move at 50% speed and I've got a full speed templar on my tail spamming an attack that causes my speed reduction..
    I can see why they would think the persons just standing there
    Please tell me..how do you remedy this?
    Edited by Crucified4sin on September 24, 2019 6:24PM
  • Crucified4sin
    Crucified4sin
    ✭✭✭

It's the BOT jabbers.

Is that a thing? Lol
  • Krileon
    Krileon
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's getting pretty old dealing with dot dot dot dot spear jab jab jab jab. More and more people are making templars to do it. That's all BGs are turning into. It's just not fun.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who needs to combo when Auroran's and Overwhelming can do all your heavy lifting. 90% of the 'plartards just Pury Light > Toppling > jabjabjabjab
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    Who needs to combo when Auroran's and Overwhelming can do all your heavy lifting. 90% of the 'plartards just Pury Light > Toppling > jabjabjabjab

True story, and it will be truer next patch. ZOS has no idea how OP some of these proc sets are, you just gotta shake your head sometimes.
  • vestahls
    vestahls
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Big gains for low risk and low effort, you think they care how it reflects on them? Let's be real, they'll keep doing it until it gets nerfed.
    “He is even worse than a n'wah. He is - may Vivec forgive me for uttering this word - a Hlaalu.”
    luv Abnur
    luv Rigurt
    luv Stibbons

'ate Ayrenn
    'ate Razum-dar
    'ate Khamira

simple as
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Solariken wrote: »

True story, and it will be truer next patch. ZOS has no idea how OP some of these proc sets are, you just gotta shake your head sometimes.

Ive NEVER died fighting one or both of those sets in any bg ever.