The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

"Requesting character load..."

VaxtinTheWolf
VaxtinTheWolf
✭✭✭✭✭
As stated int he signature, PC/NA.

I've been getting a lot of problems with progress logging in being stuck here this past week. when I log in, I quickly swap between chatacters to collect hireling mail while desperately trying to keep the timers as close to each other as they can be. However, with things being held up by this issue, it's starting to throw things off and has happened several times now when previously I hadn't ever really had a problem with it.
|| AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
|| DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
|| EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Addons?

The more you have, the longer it takes to load, especially lately. If these mules are running hirelings, even temporarily, disable all addons with those characters.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Addons?

The more you have, the longer it takes to load, especially lately. If these mules are running hirelings, even temporarily, disable all addons with those characters.

I do use addons though I only have one mule, these are all my actual characters. I've not had a problem before with addon's causing any problems outside of immediate large game updates. I also dont have ESO+ so I spread crafting materials across several of my characters.

In any case, I've just been alt F4'ing if it takes more than about 45 seconds now as I've found any longer and it is unlikely to have progressed anyway. This issue is not consistent either, sometimes it happens twice in a row, though I'd say the majority of the time when I am switching, it works normally. It's just that when it does stall, it's really noticeable. Since I haven't had this occurring as much as it is now, I felt I'd mention it.
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
  • Lovelocke
    Lovelocke
    ✭✭✭
    PC EU, getting the same. Been fine all day and only just started.
  • Elissae
    Elissae
    ✭✭✭
    Same here, PC EU, started about half an hour ago.
  • AWinterWolf
    AWinterWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same here, PC EU, loading into Riverhold, impossible.
    @AWinterWolf, PC EU.

Main character: Healer, CP 1300+,
    Completed:
    vSS (Ice & Fire HM)
    vMoL Trifecta
    TTT
    vKA HMs
    vBRP
    All Dungeon Trifectas.

Favourite quote:

History is a story written by the victors, who often paint themselves the best of lights.
  • Lovelocke
    Lovelocke
    ✭✭✭
    Successfully logged in on a different char, relogged and can log in on my primary char. Either the server is fine now or my logging into a diff char helped.
  • RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lovelocke wrote: »
    PC EU, getting the same. Been fine all day and only just started.

Same here now at 2:33 Sweden. It is not related to add on as it happens during log in before character selection.

PC/EU

//RexyyCat
  • Grizzly_UK
    Grizzly_UK
    ✭✭✭
    PC-EU here as well, I have a total of 18 characters. I can log in-game with 15 of my characters (all outside Elsweyr (6 in Vvardenfell; 3 in Stonefalls; 3 in Auridon and 3 in Glenumbra)) just fine but the 3 characters in Rimmen, Elsweyr just get an endless "Requesting character load..." UNLESS I log one of my other characters in game first. But once I get in-game with one of the characters in Rimmen I found that if I enter the Outlaws Refuge when I then try to exit the Outlaws Refuge I get stuck at the loading screen! Doesn't matter how long I wait, I've left the game "loading" for over 15 minutes but it just never completes the process so I have to shut the game down and start over.
    Elder Scrolls gaming since November 2002 (Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim & Elder Scrolls Online)
  • Agalloch
    Agalloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here... PC-EU maybe they started maintenance earlier?
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grizzly_UK wrote: »
    PC-EU here as well, I have a total of 18 characters. I can log in-game with 15 of my characters (all outside Elsweyr (6 in Vvardenfell; 3 in Stonefalls; 3 in Auridon and 3 in Glenumbra)) just fine but the 3 characters in Rimmen, Elsweyr just get an endless "Requesting character load..." UNLESS I log one of my other characters in game first. But once I get in-game with one of the characters in Rimmen I found that if I enter the Outlaws Refuge when I then try to exit the Outlaws Refuge I get stuck at the loading screen! Doesn't matter how long I wait, I've left the game "loading" for over 15 minutes but it just never completes the process so I have to shut the game down and start over.

Can confirm, I'm stuck on the character loading screen only with the ones "parked" in the Elsweyr - Rimmen to be precise, not sure if the problem persists outside.
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Member of "Guild Masters United"
    Master Angler
  • AetherSatori
    AetherSatori
    ✭✭✭
    I'm getting the same thing on my Necro who is parked in N.Elsweyr, can't remember where exactly as I'm coming back after a break.

• AetherSatori
    AetherSatori
    ✭✭✭
    Should also note that I don't use any addons.
  • Sigerk
    Sigerk
    ✭✭✭
    Same here, since last night, 2 characters both in N. Elsweyr, either Rimmen or Hall of the Lunar Champion. Stuck on requesting character load or just the load screen.
  • Sigerk
    Sigerk
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, the character in The Hall of the Lunar Champion does load, but gets stuck as soon as I leave the house and try to enter N. Elsweyr. (you can't edit posts?)
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigerk wrote: »
    Oh, the character in The Hall of the Lunar Champion does load, but gets stuck as soon as I leave the house and try to enter N. Elsweyr. (you can't edit posts?)

@sigerk
    After posting a comment, reload the page and the option should then be there to edit the message.

I didn't expect people to trail in on my thread but I'll mentioned it happened again for myself earlier(as in an hour or two now) when logging into a character I know was standing inside the Mournhold bank. After closing the game and trying again, character log in worked normally.
  • Sigerk
    Sigerk
    ✭✭✭
    Sigerk wrote: »

@sigerk
    After posting a comment, reload the page and the option should then be there to edit the message.

Thanks!

I loaded the Lunar Champion parked character and just ported manually to Summerset, which does load normally, unlike N. Elsweyr. For me at least. Got me out of the house...
    Edited by Sigerk on September 20, 2019 10:04AM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    The PC-EU megserver was taken down for maintenance on September 20th. Please let us know if you are continuing to run into loading issues while playing this weekend.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Scorpionwind
    Scorpionwind
    ✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    The PC-EU megserver was taken down for maintenance on September 20th. Please let us know if you are continuing to run into loading issues while playing this weekend.

@ZOS_BillE

Issue persisting even after I have deleted all my add-ons

Update : I have done a full repair and still the same. Happening on PTS, PC-NA & PC-EU for me.
    Edited by Scorpionwind on September 23, 2019 9:44PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Scorpionwind

Thank you for the update and letting us know you're still experience loading issues. The next thing you can check is whether an add-on is causing this problem. You can remove add-ons by following the steps below.
    1. Exit the game
    2. Navigate to C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live in windows explorer
    3. Rename Addons to Addons.old
    4. Rename SavedVariables to SavedVariables.old
    5. Check in-game to see if the if the issues persist.
    Staff Post
  • Scorpionwind
    Scorpionwind
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE

Good day

I have even deleted all my add-ons and still the problem persists
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again, PC - NA

Still happens about once or twice a day. Logging out of the Mournhold bank in Deshaan, then immediately attempting to Log into another character that's also inside of the Mournhold bank in Deshaan.

There is no explanation and it doesn't actually matter where the character's are. It just hangs sometimes.
  • MarcoPolo184
    MarcoPolo184
    ✭✭
    PC - EU, same problem here for some days now.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If removing add-ons has not helped with this character loading issue, you can try checking your anti-virus and permission settings.

Add Anti-virus and firewall exceptions

The application files that may require exceptions are:
    • Bethesda.net_launcher: C:\Program Files (x86)\ZenimaxOnline\Launcher
    • ESO.exe: C:\Program Files (x86)\ZenimaxOnline\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\eso.exe
    • Steam.exe: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe

For some anti-virus programs you may need to add entire folders as exceptions.
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\

Run launcher and game as an administrator
    1. Right-click on the game Launcher and select Properties.
    2. Navigate to the Compatibility tab.
    3. Check the box that says Run as Administrator.
    4. Click Apply and then OK.
    5. Repeat these steps for ESO.exe, located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\Game\Client (by default).

If none of these steps help, you can contact customer support to start a ticket.
    Staff Post
  • Scorpionwind
    Scorpionwind
    ✭✭
    Still same error and issue even after all of the above AND completely disabling AVG.

Ticket number from the weekend : 190928-001073 - also attached the file the website support asks for.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Scorpionwind

Thank you for the ticket number. I've sent you a PM with a ticket update.
    Staff Post