Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Its been two weeks

• Gaudrath
    Gaudrath
    ✭✭✭
    The best MMO i ever played would be Mortal Online, since it pretty good realism involvement. Sadly they are very slow developing it. If you never heard or played it, i suggest you try it out, its free. But only if you like realistic roleplaying, but i have to say, its hardcore!

I have tried it once, but it was not nearly finished and buggy as hell - unplayable for me in fact.

Personally I love realism in games, but understand that it is pretty much impossible to make an AAA MMO title which is also totally realistic.

The action-oriented combat in ESO is refreshing to me, as well as the really good graphics engine allowing for a visually realistic and immersive world. That's enough for me.

Games like MO usually end up dead on arrival. The reason being, so few people want realism in an MMO it's hard to have a game that's not a ghost town. It's a very niche thing.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...use of the word realism.
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Realism (arts), the general attempt to depict things accurately, from either a visual, social or emotional perspective

I think you are getting a lot of issues with players because of semantics, you are asking the game to be more BELIEVABLE to YOU in a fantasy setting, realism is out of the question.

The game setting is a fantasy world with:

fantastical magics and flying creatures
    daedric princes
    time travel
    creature summoning
    reincarnation
    magic
    multiple contactable gods
    et al..

lack of arrow weight is your issue with realism?
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • SpireofSouls
    SpireofSouls
    ✭✭
    That why you dont want to go too far or it will create problems. For example when Blizzard release Worlds of Warcraft, it was a fun game back then and i had a blast playing pvp server. Now its just garbage! If they add too much junks and not keeping it basic concepts as well realistic details, then it wouldnt be much of a game. Of course WoW wasnt realistic at all, but they did took out pet's loyalty, buying arrows, mining node (not just once), etcs. They took out too much roleplaying out.
    Edited by SpireofSouls on April 15, 2014 3:06PM