The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Nedic lore

Deathlord92
Deathlord92
✭✭✭✭✭
Aren’t nedes ancestors of nords and if so shouldn’t Bretons get the choice to either be stamina race or magic. I have seen many nedes that look exactly like nords the best example lamea bal from your vampire quest.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please add anything important on nede lore I have been doing reading on it but I love playing a Breton assassin in oblivion skyrim and since day 1 in eso 👍
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Atmorans are the ancestors of Nords, Nedes are seen as either a pre-Atmoran human peoples native to Tamriel or the first generations of Atmorans born on Tamriel that would eventually become the Nords, Bretons and Imperials, as well as the Orma, Kothringi and various other Nedic peoples/tribes.

If they're a pre-Atmoran peoples, then it's likely they bred with early Atmorans to eventually create Nords, bred with the Altmer of the Direnni Clan to create Bretons and a mix of minotaurs and Nords and Akaviri (Tsaesci) to create Imperials. Isolated peoples remained as clans/tribes, such as the Keptu, Kothringi, Orma etc. living in parts of Hammerfell (prior to and during the Ra Gada) and Black Marsh, or captured by the Ayleids where they became slaves in Cyrod and Black Marsh.
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So technically Bretons are part nord?
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not necessarily, but they share a common ancestry. The Reachmen are a peoples that are probably as Nedic as any modern non-Redguard human race can be and are often described as Bretons with Nordic blood; so if you were to RP as a Reachmen...

Nords, Bretons and Imperials all have Nedic ancestry; they have that common ancestor/blood. A Breton isn't part Nord unless (following the rather vague rule of interbreeding), the father is a Nord, but a Breton is Nedic, as are Nords. I feel like I've just been repeating that this whole time sorry if I'm being redundant.
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Froil wrote: »
    Not necessarily, but they share a common ancestry. The Reachmen are a peoples that are probably as Nedic as any modern non-Redguard human race can be and are often described as Bretons with Nordic blood; so if you were to RP as a Reachmen...

Nords, Bretons and Imperials all have Nedic ancestry; they have that common ancestor/blood. A Breton isn't part Nord unless (following the rather vague rule of interbreeding), the father is a Nord, but a Breton is Nedic, as are Nords. I feel like I've just been repeating that this whole time sorry if I'm being redundant.
    No don’t be sorry and thank you for explaining it because I’m trying to get my head around it I have always thought of my Breton part nord but from a role play perspective. I also love pvp so I really want them stam racial passives haha.
  • Darios_Heliodromos
    Darios_Heliodromos
    ✭✭✭
    Nedic lore is pretty...uncertain at best. There are theories that the Nedes were a people ancestral to Atmora but were somehow distinct from the Atmorans who would eventually become Nords. It is said that the ancestors of the Nedes left Atmora in the unrecorded past and settle Tamriel centuries before the Nords themselves settle Skyrim. I supposed that this sundering explains the differences between Bretons, Imperials, and Nords - distantly related but still different enough from each other.
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, this is all irrelevant. What we do have to know is that their last try to invade other states was their war with Chimer. Yes, they had some success first, but finally we destroyed them all. As we always do to anyone who tries to invade Morrowind. After that the lore has no certain signs of their aggression until they were finally wiped out almost entirely by the Redguard warlord Tarish-Zi. Good riddance.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well this Breton wields an axe and sword just as any nord would 🙂
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thx for the feedback guys 👍
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The lore indicates that the Nedes were the human natives of Tamriel. There's some speculation that they were migrating to and from Atmora and have a deeper connection to the Atmorans/Nords through that. But they were here long before the Atmorans began migrating to Tamriel in the Merethic Era.

They spread across the northern portion of the continent and are most known for their presence through out Northern Hammerfell, High Rock, Northern Cyrodiil, and Skyrim. They were enslaved by the Ayleids in Cyrodiil and their Direnni cousins in High Rock. Warred heavily with the Chimer and Dwemer in Morrowind and established an impressive civilization in Hammerfell where you can still find ruins of their great accomplishments.

In Cyrodiil they were treated horribly and subjected to whatever twisted machinations their Ayleid masters could think up. While in High Rock their Direnni masters took them as concubines and paramours transforming their descendants into the manmer now called Bretons. Eventually the Atmorans began to land in the north and intermingle with the Nedes of those lands. Pushing the Falmer out and driving them to near extinction. Their attempts to conquer Morrowind was never successful but their descendants, the Nords, carry on their blood feud with the Dunmer.

The last Nedes to walk Tamriel were last seen in the 1st Era in Cyrodiil and Hammerfell. With the Cyrodiilic tribes transforming into the Colovians and Nibenese that make up the Imperial race. The Nedes of Hammerfell were probably the last holdouts that were eventually destroyed by the invading Ra'Gada to make way for the Yokudan refugees that followed behind.
    Edited by Korah_Eaglecry on September 17, 2019 5:40PM
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is there any chance however small that Breton could have Nordic blood Froil mentioned about the Reachmen?
    Edited by Deathlord92 on September 17, 2019 7:09PM
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ask these questions because I love role playing as a Breton assassin. I have done in oblivion skyrim and eso. Even as a Breton stamblade I still get very good pvp clip for my YouTube channel 🙂
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is there any chance however small that Breton could have Nordic blood Froil mentioned about the Reachmen?

There is always a chance. Even for Bretons to be actually Sloads :p.
    Edited by Aigym_Hlervu on September 17, 2019 9:42PM
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ugly things lmao. But for real Bretons should have that option to have stamina racial passives imo 🙂
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ugly things lmao. But for real Bretons should have that option to have stamina racial passives imo 🙂

No, those passives would turn them into Dunmer. Only Dunmer are balanced enough that way. Still, Shalidor the Nord is a great mage, Zumog Phoom is the Chief Necromancer, Sorkvild the Raven is.. well, will be a good Necromancer too, Altmer are not only mages - they will defeat Imperial legions in the 4th Era. So, I don't think it's a problem for you to be a Breton and be whatever class you prefer.
    Edited by Aigym_Hlervu on September 17, 2019 10:56PM
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been a stamblade since eso release I have 4 of them but my Breton my main. My other 3 are for mid max but I still end up maining my Breton in pvp lol
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, those passives would turn them into Dunmer. Only Dunmer are balanced enough that way. Still, Shalidor the Nord is a great mage, Zumog Phoom is the Chief Necromancer, Sorkvild the Raven is.. well, will be a good Necromancer too, Altmer are not only mages - they will defeat Imperial legions in the 4th Era. So, I don't think it's a problem for you to be a Breton and be whatever class you prefer.
    I don’t know much on Dunmer but my argument for Bretons is they actually could have Nordic blood and everyone knows what savage warriors the Reachmen are that’s why I say Bretons should have an option.
    Edited by Deathlord92 on September 18, 2019 8:06AM
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no need to be of Nord, Orc or Redguard origin to be a good warrior, @Deathlord92. It's all so individual. Almalexia's Hands are Dunmer but are considered to be the fierciest warriors of Tamriel. The Redoran Army proved to be able to overwhelm every strike force ever invaded Morrowind. Are they considered to be of, say, Nord origin? Some of them may be, but not even half of all of them. The lore keeps silence on such a matter you ask.

Racial passives do not mean Altmer, for example, are good wizards but bad assassins. Magicka or stamina, staves or blades - these are all just types of weapons we use at war. Some soldiers IRL fight using assault rifles, some other use silenced pistols while others use just a computer and their intelligence. But still they are all soldiers or warriors. Native Americans were not supposed to have an original "Rifleman" and "Horseman" passives, as we had, but history showed them to be more then capable to wield that mount and type of weapon. War takes all it needs from each of us according to our abilities be you an office clerk or an army soldier. The difference is only of what it takes a clerk to fight well. Likewise there are soldiers who are naturally not warriors in spite of any years of training. This is all so specific. So, I guess you shouldn't even bother being a Breton assassin without any stamina preferences. Compensate them with your intelligence!
    Edited by Aigym_Hlervu on September 18, 2019 9:25AM
  • vilio11
    vilio11
    ✭✭✭
    One common misconceptions about the Nedes is that they were one homogeneous group. Nedes is a term for all men tribes that were native to Tamriel in the meretic era and the first era.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no need to be of Nord, Orc or Redguard origin to be a good warrior, @Deathlord92. It's all so individual. Almalexia's Hands are Dunmer but are considered to be the fierciest warriors of Tamriel. The Redoran Army proved to be able to overwhelm every strike force ever invaded Morrowind. Are they considered to be of, say, Nord origin? Some of them may be, but not even half of all of them. The lore keeps silence on such a matter you ask.

Racial passives do not mean Altmer, for example, are good wizards but bad assassins. Magicka or stamina, staves or blades - these are all just types of weapons we use at war. Some soldiers IRL fight using assault rifles, some other use silenced pistols while others use just a computer and their intelligence. But still they are all soldiers or warriors. Native Americans were not supposed to have an original "Rifleman" and "Horseman" passives, as we had, but history showed them to be more then capable to wield that mount and type of weapon. War takes all it needs from each of us according to our abilities be you an office clerk or an army soldier. The difference is only of what it takes a clerk to fight well. Likewise there are soldiers who are naturally not warriors in spite of any years of training. This is all so specific. So, I guess you shouldn't even bother being a Breton assassin without any stamina preferences. Compensate them with your intelligence!
    Well said mate as much as I want these stamina racial passives for my Breton I do agree with what you said 👍
    Edited by Deathlord92 on September 18, 2019 12:38PM
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    vilio11 wrote: »
    One common misconceptions about the Nedes is that they were one homogeneous group. Nedes is a term for all men tribes that were native to Tamriel in the meretic era and the first era.

This is generally true but as far as I can find not all tribes of men were Nedic. The Kothringi for instance seems to be their own distinct group. If someone can share lore establishing them as being members of the Nedic Tribes that would be awesome. But so far I cant locate anything tying the two peoples together beyond the fact they are humans. They may have originated from the same people at some point in Tamriels history but they are distinct.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax