Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Furnishing Limit

• Eirinin
    Eirinin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    This has all been very interesting reading. I haven't read a statement from Zenimax about why houses have the limits that they do, or why they can't add to them (if someone has a link to such a statement... I'd like to read it).

I'd really like to know why the Mara's Kiss Inn is so damned small (not talking about the furnishing limit). It's more of a glorified closet (compare it to the house in Vvardenfell, which is 6 to 8 times bigger, yet has the same furnishing limit - stupid)! That Mara's Kiss "room" should be a stairwell that leads down (or up) to a room the size of the ground floor in the main part of that building. Actually, they should just remodel the building, make that "inn room" a side-room for what's upstairs, and wall-off the top of the stairs and put a door there that leads to the "inn room" (and close that opening above the entrance). At least then it would be big enough to be usable!!!

Whomever designed that Mara's Kiss inn room (or gave it a greenlight) should be fired!

For the record... I am playing ESO on Xbox One. If I could play it on PC - AND it gave me Xbox achievements... I would play it on PC. ;)

It is ridiculously tiny, but it is still just about possible to furnish as an inn room, believe it or not.

Even with the door clearance requirement.

Does totally limit your furniture choices, though.

Here's my effort:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6242471/#Comment_6242471

Your work is beautiful, the room looks lovely.

The day they make the apartment and inn room sizes a bit more uniform shall be a great day, indeed. Some are closets, or weird shaped walls/floors limit space in all directions. Others, well, you can actually for enough in them to be fun to use. Most of my inn rooms are just storage rooms for spare furniture, tbh. Doubling the inns and giving the apartments 25-40% more space and items would surely increase crown furniture purchases and interest in home ownership.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, the Mara’s Kiss room is the worst. One of my guildies called it the broom closet.

All AD housing is TINY compared to the other factions. I’d love to have a big Khajiit home, but I’m not spending gold or crowns for the most expensive base game one, which has a beautiful large yard but only one small house.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Eirinin wrote: »
    This has all been very interesting reading. I haven't read a statement from Zenimax about why houses have the limits that they do, or why they can't add to them (if someone has a link to such a statement... I'd like to read it).

I'd really like to know why the Mara's Kiss Inn is so damned small (not talking about the furnishing limit). It's more of a glorified closet (compare it to the house in Vvardenfell, which is 6 to 8 times bigger, yet has the same furnishing limit - stupid)! That Mara's Kiss "room" should be a stairwell that leads down (or up) to a room the size of the ground floor in the main part of that building. Actually, they should just remodel the building, make that "inn room" a side-room for what's upstairs, and wall-off the top of the stairs and put a door there that leads to the "inn room" (and close that opening above the entrance). At least then it would be big enough to be usable!!!

Whomever designed that Mara's Kiss inn room (or gave it a greenlight) should be fired!

For the record... I am playing ESO on Xbox One. If I could play it on PC - AND it gave me Xbox achievements... I would play it on PC. ;)

It is ridiculously tiny, but it is still just about possible to furnish as an inn room, believe it or not.

Here's my effort:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6242471/#Comment_6242471

The day they make the apartment and inn room sizes a bit more uniform shall be a great day, indeed. Some are closets, or weird shaped walls/floors limit space in all directions. Others, well, you can actually for enough in them to be fun to use. Most of my inn rooms are just storage rooms for spare furniture, tbh. Doubling the inns and giving the apartments 25-40% more space and items would surely increase crown furniture purchases and interest in home ownership.

Thank you. :)

I doubt they will change the existing rooms, but I totally agree re. the inn room furnishing allowance and they could change that, if they wanted to.

The 3 bigger inn rooms (Saint Delyn's, Golden Gryphon and the Sugar Bowl) should all have their allowances raised to 25/50, at the very least.
  • Imperial_Voice
    Imperial_Voice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beating a dead horse here but the limit is completely arbitrary even for consoles. The housing team is simply far too lazy to do anything but pump out asset flips.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eirinin wrote: »

Here's my effort:

Thank you. :)

I doubt they will change the existing rooms, but I totally agree re. the inn room furnishing allowance and they could change that, if they wanted to.

The 3 bigger inn rooms (Saint Delyn's, Golden Gryphon and the Sugar Bowl) should all have their allowances raised to 25/50, at the very least.

Honestly, I wouldn’t want them to change the dimensions of the existing inn rooms. Even Mara’s Kiss, which I thought ridiculously small upon first seeing it, is proving an interesting challenge and inspired me to try something different. :)

And I agree, at least 25/50 for three largest inn rooms would be sooo awesome!!! :smiley:
  • Kevadonis
    Kevadonis
    Soul Shriven
    i definitely want an increase, if im spending money out of pocket I think notable homes should be at least 1k inventory slots, shouldn't be limited to such a smaller number. they push furniture, recipes and such items, why not let us use more of the stuff. it needs to be addressed by zos. don't push something your gonna limit, allow those of us who are creative to show it, not make us sacrifice one area to build another.
    KEVADONIS
    Sweetchaos
    Pixel ***
    Q`Qme
    Fancy`Mane
    Orcasm
    Frosted Snowflakes
    Ex-Wife
    Runs-with-Heavy`Sack
    High Strung
    Arcuarius
    Bearly Mastered
    Retired Swordsman
    Psijic Oracle
    Dispicably Me
    Sumptuous Southpaw
    Pendragon Priestess
    Tiamator
    Taboo
    Sweet Meat Eu Server
  • justkb72eb17_ESO
    Can’t you at least make a crafting stations and Mundus stones a unique furnishing category so it don’t diminish that small amount of items we can place in home. Or make a guildhall system in game.
  • Nefelynx
    Nefelynx
    ✭✭✭
    1. Merge different item type limits: It's ridiculous that many of my houses have 100+ collectible slots left for Undaunted Busts, but I can't place another single spoon because that's over the 700 regular furniture limit. Houses should have merged item limits (so 830 slots), and if console performance can't handle more than 10 special collectibles, then make it a sub-limit instead of a separate limit (so 830 slots, of which max 10 special collectibles, etc).

This! So so much.

At this point, I'd already be happy with the option of adjustable sliders (kinda like the "split stack" sliders) to move the open special, collectible, whatever slots to the regular furniture ones.
    And maybe the other way round. So if someone wants to place more busts, mounts or pets - but colletibles are so much tougher on performance - maybe it then takes off 5 (or whatever) regular furnishing slots for 1 extra collectible to balance it out. But at least it would give us the choice on how we want to utilize the max slots per house.

Something like that.
    At least.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not so much the limit on the largest homes that bugs me, but the way it filters down the scale. The medium sized homes could benefit from limits closer to the large ones, and I'd have no problem if inn rooms got 60 pieces, with or without ESO+.

Any technical upper bound, whether it's rendering limits, database performance or whatever, doesn't change with the size of the house. The only reason smaller homes can't use the same amount of furnishings as the larger ones is that it would associate the limit problem exclusively with the largest Crown-purchased ones.
  • Jthomas56
    Jthomas56
    ✭✭✭
    They’re working on performance upgrades and the way memory is handled... maybe if if someone puts a pig on a plane (makes pigs fly) we will get item cap Increases in homes.