Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

1:00 PM Eastern Time

k9mouse
k9mouse
✭✭✭✭✭
1) The ETA for the server to be back up is about 1:00 PM Eastern time, right? (If ZOS does not do that before that)

2) There is not patch to download? Is all the patch on the server side? Would like to download the patch now while we wait to save time if there is a patch to download.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since a few EU players reported problems downloading the patch then I think it likely there will be one.
  • Etchesketch
    Etchesketch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well if there isn't client patch, it's not good news for us. The game needs client side issues fixed for sure'
    The number one rule of online gaming is now and has always been, Never play on Patch Day.
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did they post something different? I just see 'midday'. You could extrapolate from the EU downtime that it'll be 4 hours - which is 12:00 PM Eastern.
    Edited by Shimond on April 15, 2014 1:41PM
  • crowfl56
    crowfl56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm hoping they at least fix the Bank Bug. Also start perma banning anyone exploiting any portion of the game, i.e. camping boss's, buying gold, in otherwords not obeying the TSO>
  • trinta
    trinta
    ✭✭✭
    They've released patch notes, that's a good sign there will be a patch. As to why we can't download it now... /shrug. Because Zenimax.
    Every time someone swears, it gets replaced with three asterisks. There's only one three-letter swear word that I know of. I read that in the place of every set of three asterisks. It makes for some amusing sentences.
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shimond
    That is what I did and saw the new server downtime listing somewhere, used that as well.
  • Etchesketch
    Etchesketch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bank bug is not fixed... read the notes for the info.
    The number one rule of online gaming is now and has always been, Never play on Patch Day.
  • commandline
    Lets hope ZOS is on schedule *crosses fingers*
  • jmido8
    jmido8
    ✭✭✭
    crowfl56 wrote: »
    I'm hoping they at least fix the Bank Bug. Also start perma banning anyone exploiting any portion of the game, i.e. camping boss's, buying gold, in otherwords not obeying the TSO>

LOL. Perma-banning someone for camping bosses.
  • Gothlander
    Gothlander
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why cant they do server maintenance when people are sleeping? East coast people. That is where most of the players reside.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

TESO needs a wardrobe system badly. Something similar to WoW's tmog system would make this game one of the best mmorpg out there!
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gothlander wrote: »
    Why cant they do server maintenance when people are sleeping? East coast people. That is where most of the players reside.

I wasn't aware that most people in the US lived on the East Coast. That must be why California has more electoral votes than most of the states in New England put together.

They schedule maintenance based on their observations of low traffic on the servers (and probably around what's convenient for their development team as well). Most people, regardless of the coast they live on, are working during the morning hours.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    Gothlander wrote: »
    They were already doing it during Aussie Prime Time, can't please everyone and people are generally at work or school in the morning in the US, generally.
    Bloodline|RP Guild|Ebonheart Pact
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, to answer the OP's question: they didn't say 1:00. They said midday. Which will probably be closer to noon, since the EU server maintenance took about 4 hours.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Skelfish
    Skelfish
    ✭✭✭
    Hijacking your thread a bit to ask: why can't we just switch to the EU megaserver during NA maintenance, and vice versa freely? Why do I need to download the 20gb client all over again?
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skelfish wrote: »
    Hijacking your thread a bit to ask: why can't we just switch to the EU megaserver during NA maintenance, and vice versa freely? Why do I need to download the 20gb client all over again?

Because of the patch difference between the two -- the client has to be in sync with the server for the game to work. Since one changed the server, it means the client is out of sync for a time. That is my understand on this question.
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭

you dont there have been plenty of threads and guides explaining how to do this without dling the whole game again, use the search feature
    Bloodline|RP Guild|Ebonheart Pact
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Two totally different megaservers/clients, and your character data cannot be transferred between them.
    Edited by nerevarine1138 on April 15, 2014 2:13PM
    ----
    Murray?
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, one still have to have two copies of the game on one's HD, just was explain why to the best of my knowledge why that is the case.
  • trinta
    trinta
    ✭✭✭
    Two totally different megaservers/clients, and your character data cannot be transferred between them.

It's a pretty common practice in other games to play on another server when your main one is down. Nobody expects their characters to transfer, they just want to play.
    Every time someone swears, it gets replaced with three asterisks. There's only one three-letter swear word that I know of. I read that in the place of every set of three asterisks. It makes for some amusing sentences.
  • Vorpedagel
    Vorpedagel
    ✭✭✭

I might be wrong but.. There's nothing wrong with this
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    trinta wrote: »
    It's a pretty common practice in other games to play on another server when your main one is down. Nobody expects their characters to transfer, they just want to play.

It's also a pretty common practice in other games to have regional servers be totally distinct from one another, to the point that an entirely new client needs to be downloaded. Heck, most other MMOs won't even let you use the same account across different regions.
    ----
    Murray?
  • trinta
    trinta
    ✭✭✭
    It's also a pretty common practice in other games to have regional servers be totally distinct from one another, to the point that an entirely new client needs to be downloaded. Heck, most other MMOs won't even let you use the same account across different regions.

...okay? I was just clarifying the point that you seemed to be missing, I wasn't arguing any points myself.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    trinta wrote: »

...okay? I was just clarifying the point that you seemed to be missing, I wasn't arguing any points myself.

No point missed here. The question was about playing on the EU server, not about establishing a multi-server system for ESO (which completely defeats the purpose of the megaserver). It's common practice to completely segregate regional servers.
    Vorpedagel wrote: »

I might be wrong but.. There's nothing wrong with this

You are wrong. Buying gold violates the ToS in a huge way, and you will get banned for it. Camping bosses or rare spawns is sometimes griefing (primarily when people camp the vampire/werewolf spawns solely to stop others from getting the bite), and that is also a bannable offense.
    Edited by nerevarine1138 on April 15, 2014 2:29PM
    ----
    Murray?
  • Skelfish
    Skelfish
    ✭✭✭
    Trouvo wrote: »

you dont there have been plenty of threads and guides explaining how to do this without dling the whole game again, use the search feature

Except you do. The renaming method doesn't work anymore, as of at least April 7th. You're right though, I should have tried searching first.

Thanks to later replies. I didn't actually know it was common for other MMOs to have separate clients because I don't really play them that often. My main experiences have been with Neverwinter and DDO, neither of which have megaservers.