The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Why are all glyphs jewelry and weapon?

cabbageub17_ESO
cabbageub17_ESO
✭✭✭
Do the armour ones open up later in game? I've leveled my enchanter to about 10 enchantment and don't recall a single armour one.
  • cabbageub17_ESO
    cabbageub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    And 30 min later I actually found one.
  • Cheatingdeath23
    Cheatingdeath23
    ✭✭✭
    Armor is enchanted with only +Health, + Stamina or +Magicka. I'm specializing in blacksmithing and enchanting so I prioritize those three runes over all others.

I still haven't found a single piece of jewelry that I can enchant, but I know how to make 10+ jewelry enchantments.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armor is enchanted with only +Health, + Stamina or +Magicka. I'm specializing in blacksmithing and enchanting so I prioritize those three runes over all others.
    agree.gif

Currently there are only 3 types of armor glyphs ...
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/66580/spoiler-enchanting-list-of-rune-translations-and-glyph-combinations/p1
    :)
  • cabbageub17_ESO
    cabbageub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    So Oko, Deni & Makko are the only things that will create an armour Glyph?
  • ManicDee
    ManicDee
    ✭✭
    Those three, with an additive potency rune (i.e.: the translation of the square rune's name is something like "add" or "improve").

Note that you have more options for jewellery and weapon enchants, simply because you have fewer slots to put those items in.
    Edited by ManicDee on April 15, 2014 5:02AM
  • Destabilizator
    Tbh I see no reason why resists couldn't go on armor as well... Or shielding enchants, what that does on weapon?!
    Vertor et revertor.
  • Jirki88
    Jirki88
    ✭✭✭
    Tbh I see no reason why resists couldn't go on armor as well... Or shielding enchants, what that does on weapon?!

It would get too unbalanced in a MMO I guess.
    Veritas et aequitas, et usque ad mortem.
  • AdeusObsidiusCorvus
    I've found three 'plain' garnet rings that I've been able to enchant with jewellery glyphs. Not much enchantable jewellery about.
    Adeus Obsidius Corvus Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant,
    Adeus Obsidius Infernus Sorceror Daggerfall Covenant,
    Adeus Obsidius Daemonus Templar Daggerfall Covenant.
    Adeus Obsidius Draconis Dragonknight Ebonheart Pact,
    Verus Incendus Daedrus Nightblade Ebonheart Pact,
    Verus Incendus Arcanus Sorceror Ebonheart Pact.
    Verus Incendus Seraphus Templar Aldmeri Dominion,
    Verus Incendus Scorpius Dragonknight Aldmeri Dominion.
  • Destabilizator
    Jirki88 wrote: »

Care to elaborate?
    Vertor et revertor.
  • JessieColt
    JessieColt
    ✭✭✭✭

Care to elaborate?

There are 7 Armor slots. If you were able to add resists to all 7, you could max out resist to the point where you would take nearly no damage.
  • jwwoffordb14_ESO
    jwwoffordb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven

Care to elaborate?

There are 7 Armor slots. If you were able to add resists to all 7, you could max out resist to the point where you would take nearly no damage.

Oh, you mean just like in Skyrim :D Nothing wrong with that....
  • Brennan
    Brennan
    ✭✭✭
    Trade jewelry enchants with a friend and perform extraction on them. That is how you get the most IP for Enchanting.
  • Cheatingdeath23
    Cheatingdeath23
    ✭✭✭
    I've found three 'plain' garnet rings that I've been able to enchant with jewellery glyphs. Not much enchantable jewellery about.

I'm level 14 and now have 2 rings I wear (plus the Ring of Mara which my wife wants me to wear), 1 necklace I wear, and 3 rings and a necklace that I don't use. Once you get quality stuff, everything else is kind of wasted.

If you're in Daggerfall I could trade you some for iron ore.