The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Alternate Between Cyrodiil and Imperial City Campaigns

Vapirko
Vapirko
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I can't see this idea being very popular all the way around as I think too many people just dislike the Imperial City combat style, but what if Cyrodiil and the Imperial City were broken up into two-week long campaigns and alternated? Rewards could either start anew or carry over through the whole month as factions then vied for control of the IC following the war in Cyro. I would welcome the change to the monotony of Cyro and the revitalization of the IC while also playing off the idea that eventually the three factions war progresses to the center of Cyro to battle for control of the IC. It could also be three weeks of Cyro and then a week of IC. Since many people probably wouldn't like the idea of closing off one or the other, perhaps the overall faction score would first be enabled for Cyro and then for IC. So if you wanted to contribute to an overall win you would have to first fight in one and then the other.

Alternate Between Cyrodiil and Imperial City Campaigns 19 votes

Yes, let's shake things up!
31%
Daviiid_ESOjimijac0meOrpheausLybalFawn4287TerrorFlynn 6 votes
No, I prefer Cyrodiil all the time and a dead IC
21%
twitch_zerolinoge63Tsurielx48rph 4 votes
Other, got a better idea?
47%
iamkeeblerThrabenkwisatzidkturlisleyInvictusApolloBeardimusSshadowSscaleEirinin 9 votes
  • Orpheaus
    Orpheaus
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, let's shake things up!
    I'm 100% on board for this. I love IC mostly because I enjoy the tight spaces in the sewers and urban combat up top. At this point everyone has enough tel var for a lifetime probably but I just love the combat scenarios that IC creates and would love to see it populated outside 2 weeks a year.
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I prefer Cyrodiil all the time and a dead IC
    I'd rather not have them alternate and just leave Cyro as it is. I would be fine with IC actually having a campaign or something similar though to make say taking the districts or achieving goals worth it. I love the urban style guerrilla type play you can have, and sewers are fun as well but as it is , unless your farming tel var, there's really no point in going. And lets face it , even that sucks since one death at the wrong moment can cost you a fortune and negate a lot of hard work, probably what most find unattractive about it.
  • iamkeebler
    iamkeebler
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think ZOS just needs to show some attention to IC to make people want to keep coming back. Giving it a leaderboard system like Cyrodiil could greatly help as that taps into people’s competitive nature.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iamkeebler wrote: »
    I think ZOS just needs to show some attention to IC to make people want to keep coming back. Giving it a leaderboard system like Cyrodiil could greatly help as that taps into people’s competitive nature.

Unfortunately I think it is also the fact that there just isn't the population. We have one almost full time campaign and several that see very little to no action. IC being the worst of the dead.
  • turlisley
    turlisley
    ✭✭✭
    Eliminate and close the Non-CP Cyrodiil campaign and the Non-CP IC campaign, then there would be a permanent spike in activity in the CP-enabled Cyrodiil and CP-enabled IC campaigns. There is very little logic to ever play in the Non-CP IC campaign, anyway.
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Turlisley
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    turlisley wrote: »
    Eliminate and close the Non-CP Cyrodiil campaign and the Non-CP IC campaign, then there would be a permanent spike in activity in the CP-enabled Cyrodiil and CP-enabled IC campaigns. There is very little logic to ever play in the Non-CP IC campaign, anyway.

I cant say yes or no to CP or no CP, its just preference, but it has been shown on this forum, people refuse to leave the 30 day CP even if the lag is awful and there's a big queue. So would cutting down the campaigns really help or would people still just pack into the 30 day CP and complain about queues as apposed to going to IC? If the IC became important to overall campaign score on a cycle that might drive people to play it. Or idk, why can IC control contribute to campaign score normally? Didnt it used to be like this?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems more of a gimik to try to make IC more active and end up just like most of the campaigns that never or rarely fill up.
  • turlisley
    turlisley
    ✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    turlisley wrote: »

I cant say yes or no to CP or no CP, its just preference, but it has been shown on this forum, people refuse to leave the 30 day CP even if the lag is awful and there's a big queue. So would cutting down the campaigns really help or would people still just pack into the 30 day CP and complain about queues as apposed to going to IC? If the IC became important to overall campaign score on a cycle that might drive people to play it. Or idk, why can IC control contribute to campaign score normally? Didnt it used to be like this?

Non-CP Cyrodiil isn't even PvP, it's all Players vs Guards.
    I understand Battlegrounds being non-CP for being fast-paced, and there'e no PvE component to Battlegrounds.
    But, for Cyrodiil and Imperial City, which are both PvPvE zones, they should both be strictly CP-enabled, without the Non-CP options.

We do not have non-CP PvE dungeons, so why should we have Non-CP Cyrodiil & Non-CP Imperial City?
    The divide between CP and Non-CP and several different options and queues only further and further dilutes the player base.
    Edited by turlisley on September 14, 2019 5:39AM
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Turlisley
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disable Cloak in IC and it will be a lot more enjoyable instead just being a place you go to get ganked or bombed.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disable Cloak in IC and it will be a lot more enjoyable instead just being a place you go to get ganked or bombed.

Ahh no sorry this is not what this is about at all. Plenty of other nerf threads around. IC is very enjoyable for anyone who wants to PvP. There’s even another thread about making PvP more enjoyable for PvErs. This isn’t really that.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would you disable cloak when there are already counters to the skill in game?
    You have the option to use them, so use them.
    It's up to you if you choose not to utilise the counters, but if you don't use them, don't blame someone else.

As for alternating between Cyro & I.C - I don't think anyone should be forced to play content that they don't enjoy.
    Choosing to alternate on your own terms is ofc great, and an option we all presently have already.
    I do however agree with some of the other opinions though, that I.C does indeed need something else to bring in a steady stream of players. Tel Var clearly isn't enough to encourage players to visit I.C regularly, at least not with the limited amount of things you can purchase with them.

Again, I think that this 'issue' with I.C often being pretty dead is due to players themselves. There is literally nothing at all stopping players from entering the I.C and making it busy. None at all. It's an easy fix if people are willing to jump in and be the first.
    This week has been an absolute blast playing in the I.C whilst it is populated. If it was like this all of the time, I presume that many others would alternate naturally between I.C and Cyrodiil, and you might even find guilds popping up that cater specifically to I.C.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IC just needs its own thing to fight for. Alliance score or individual or something that's all.

Personally i prefer we the idea on release, limited access and part of cyrodiil, however it was only hybrid integrated so the decoupling we have today is actually better.

Also though we need to avoid encouraging zergs. IC is good when its small - mid scale. So zergs of farming stay away please

Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like your idea. It's a solution to the problem of small PvP population. There is however a much better solution and that is fixing lag.
    There is one unwanted effect that your idea would cause. And that is the lag in IC. Right now it has much lower lag because of much lower population. If we put all Cyro players into IC, then the lag will skyrocket.
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried it a few times, but don't enjoy IC. Mainly because there is way to much PvE in it.

Improvements to IC shouldn't affect Cyrodiil (apart from the further splitting of the too small PvP population, which is bad enough).

Edited by Bergzorn on September 14, 2019 1:23PM
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meh. Not a huge fan of IC, so I'd probably play something else that week.
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are too many campaigns, and not enough life in the Imperial City.

Solutions like "close the No CP campaign" are not viable since the EU No CP campaign is probably among the most alive and competitive ones.

Alternating campaigns would confuse people.

The obvious solution would be following:

a) Reduce the amount of Cyrodiil campaigns to 2, one CP, and one No-CP. One of the two is 30 days, the other 7 days. Also, reduce the IC campaigns to one, which is No CP (so that pure gank builds are discouraged, and dangerous to use).

b) Abolish the Under- 50 Cyrodiil campaign, so that newer players who want PvP are channelled into using the Imperial City, also to quest and level. This can only be done if

b1) the "low level" scaling of their chars is increased by 50%, so that they are actually stronger stat-wise than the guys who want to farm them.

b2) every quest giver is a "safe place", where PvP is impossible within a radius of 60m.

Newer players can still decide to go to the No-CP campaign, or to do Battlegrounds, if they really want to level in PvP, so there is no "forced PvP" part here.
    Edited by Thraben on September 16, 2019 8:30AM
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.