Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Dragonhold & Update 24 Preview"

• Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No trial or arena included with this DLC? I've read the article and it makes no mention of this. The only DLC that lacked one was Dark Brotherhood. It would be awesome to have a new solo or 4 man arena.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    No trial or arena included with this DLC? I've read the article and it makes no mention of this. The only DLC that lacked one was Dark Brotherhood. It would be awesome to have a new solo or 4 man arena.

They may have more in the DLC than they have announced. We will find out on Monday.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No new trial / arena? Was expecting at least a new mini trial or solo arena... Not a very climatic ending to the dragon stuff sadly.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »

They may have more in the DLC than they have announced. We will find out on Monday.

@lordrichter
    The first preview will be during ESO Live today (Sept 13, not Monday), at 4pm EDT:
    https://elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/56965
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Forums since forever:
    "Stop releasing so much content and fix your game!"

This article:
    ".. the first wave of our announced performance improvements..."

Forum:
    "Not enough content! Where is my Arena/Trial?!?!"
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, had we decided that fighting dragons wasn't enough of a PITA already?

If they start flying away if no one engages in time, no one is ever going to bother with Sandblown Dragonscour again.
    Edited by MasterSpatula on September 13, 2019 9:09PM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If they start flying away if no one engages in time, no one is ever going to bother with Sandblown Dragonscour again.

I am happy that they have improved the dragons. Although, the sky coloring seems a little bit not right. They can leave that part out.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So there will be another stream on Monday about combat changes. Seems there will be some tough changes and lot of rage
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Forums since forever:

This article:

Forum:

I never asked for that myself.Besides one has to realize that it wouldn't hinder Finn's team's progress on trials.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    So there will be another stream on Monday about combat changes. Seems there will be some tough changes and lot of rage
    Yep. It is the 1st time they do the patch review themselves lol. There will be some brutal changes.
    Thankfully, after Nerfmire, Nerfstone, Nerfsweyr and Gamebreaker I no longer care. Everything I loved is gone... I only do crafting dailies pretty much. So I guess... well.. they might as well remove everything combat related and it will not affect me.

Bring it on ZOS. I am not afraid of you anymore.
  • AVaelham
    AVaelham
    ✭✭✭✭
    The new dragon mechanics and aesthetics update looks seriously awesome! And that Alfiq temple of Khenarthi is so cute. Judging from the preview we just saw in the Live stream I have to say this zone looks very promising and seems to have depth both story and lore wise. Good job, ZOS!
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am happy that they have improved the dragons. Although, the sky coloring seems a little bit not right. They can leave that part out.

It all looks really cool in principle, but I immediately started thinking about it in practical application. Dragons already have a couple of buggy one-shot mechanics. If you've never been one-shotted by Earth Spike with zero telegraph or warning at all, you haven't done many dragons.

And the travel time to Sandblown Dragonscour combined with the fact that a vast number of players won't bother with Sandblown anyway, and all I can say about that is that I hope that when they fly off, they only go to another spot in the same hunting ground. if they go to a completely different hunting ground, it's going to be a holy living nightmare.

More dynamic dragon fights sure sounds good, but I foresee more buggy one-shots and even more battle sites with nowhere for our characters to stand. Those won't be improvements.

If I'm wrong, I'll be thrilled, however.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forums since forever:

This article:

Forum:

touche
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And the travel time to Sandblown Dragonscour combined with the fact that a vast number of players won't bother with Sandblown anyway, and all I can say about that is that I hope that when they fly off, they only go to another spot in the same hunting ground. if they go to a completely different hunting ground, it's going to be a holy living nightmare.

Honestly, if I go to Sandblown, I camp out there and wait for them to come to me.

• WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forums since forever:

This article:

Forum:

I mean, repeatable end game content is one of the worst things to cut IMO. I don’t think many people would be upset if one of the scheduled dungeon DLC’s was put on hold for performance improvements, but this is supposed to be the 2nd largest content expansion this year (2nd only to chapters that must be purchased separately). An overland zone, filled with a few hours of story quests just doesn’t feel like enough. It will be like the Gold Coast without adding a new guild, does anyone actually still go there? Compare that to the countless hours of fun spent in Asylum Sanctorium or Maelstrom Arena (some might debate this one as fun, haha). Personally, I was not a big fan of Blackrose Prison, and I think a lot of players felt the same. Sunspire is an excellent trial, really well done (when it’s not filled with gamebreaking bugs) but many end game players are getting tired of it after about 5 months, and really hoping for something new. I guess we’ll see on Monday.
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forums since forever:

This article:

Forum:

"Forums since forever" lol
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forums since forever:

This article:

Forum:

Except it took them nearly 3 years to even announce/begin any sort of performance improvements after the launch of One Tamriel. It would have been fine if we got a drought back then in the name of fixing the game but it's embarrassing that it took them 3 years to begin to fix the game.
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just got around to watching

I have one main question
    Storm and Frost Dragons

Will we be able to change our DK into storm DK or Frost DK at some point in the future????
    If you haven't considered this, will you now?

Sorry if others have already asked this question
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heatnix90 wrote: »
    Forums since forever:

This article:

Forum:

Except it took them nearly 3 years to even announce/begin any sort of performance improvements after the launch of One Tamriel. It would have been fine if we got a drought back then in the name of fixing the game but it's embarrassing that it took them 3 years to begin to fix the game.

Not exactly true. Forum-truth, yes, but in actual fact, they have been working on performance for years, with varying degrees of success. Some of those things have done little more than delay the inevitable, which is where we are today, even if they were successes at the time. This is the first time they have rolled out a Power Point slide, and the first time they have talked about replacing the broken parts rather than just trying to bandage them.

ZOS says that Update 24 has the potential to have minor performance improvements. They are tooting their horn, but I honestly don't expect that players will really notice anything obvious. The combat performance improvements are ongoing so the improvement will be gradual over the next couple of updates. The memory improvements are really about game stability.

Update 25 is the one I am looking forward to. That is the one where they sort through and compress the image files and address patch/loader issues. That has the potential to reduce patch install times, as well as make it so that loading screens are shorter. This is also the one where they are "reserving time" for an FPS performance pass, as well as back-end server performance.
    Gan Xing wrote: »
    Will we be able to change our DK into storm DK or Frost DK at some point in the future????

I do not think they have said anything but I doubt they will do this. Right now, the motto is "homogenization without calling it that" and "every class does every role". If they did something like separate out DKs by dragon damage type, rather than the generic vomit fire and vomit poison morphs, then the DK would probably by mainly DPS and to a lesser extent, Tank. After that, DK would no longer be homogenized.
  • XIIICaesar
    XIIICaesar
    ✭✭✭
    Throren wrote: »
    Im 90% convinced the mysterious powerful 'ally' is Paarthurnax

gaj6i931uca31.png?width=1024&auto=webp&s=931b158d40bb485a47b4189cf38a8c013c0b6d92

I'm thinking the same. Since its stated in Skyrim I think the Dragonguard knew of his existence.
  • XIIICaesar
    XIIICaesar
    ✭✭✭
    When Vet ranks transitioned to Champion Point, any V16 gear was only converted to CP150 & all gear that was max level before conversion had to be refarmed. I've 8 tons multiple sets on each &I think I'm not alone in not wanting to refarm so much gear. So even though CP redesign isn't finished yet are we going to have to work about that? @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forums since forever:

This article:

Forum:

Not exactly true. Forum-truth, yes, but in actual fact, they have been working on performance for years, with varying degrees of success. Some of those things have done little more than delay the inevitable, which is where we are today, even if they were successes at the time. This is the first time they have rolled out a Power Point slide, and the first time they have talked about replacing the broken parts rather than just trying to bandage them.

ZOS says that Update 24 has the potential to have minor performance improvements. They are tooting their horn, but I honestly don't expect that players will really notice anything obvious. The combat performance improvements are ongoing so the improvement will be gradual over the next couple of updates. The memory improvements are really about game stability.

Update 25 is the one I am looking forward to. That is the one where they sort through and compress the image files and address patch/loader issues. That has the potential to reduce patch install times, as well as make it so that loading screens are shorter. This is also the one where they are "reserving time" for an FPS performance pass, as well as back-end server performance.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but most if not all of the planned changes are on the client-side of things, the core problems will remain.
    unknown.png
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but most if not all of the planned changes are on the client-side of things, the core problems will remain.
    unknown.png

My bubble is safe. :) I was talking about the whole year's worth of stuff, which does include server-side performance work. At least, that is what ZOS says.

• Northener1907
    Northener1907
    Soul Shriven
    Please give us solo dungeons. Dungeons are fun with 4 players but we need solo mod for dungeon stories. I love so much TES lore but i dont know ESO dungeon stories cause all players so fast and dont want to wait for story.
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can solo most normal dungeons spamming brawler, even better with a master 2hander.
    and if you play plar, by spamming sweeps
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nafaalilargus is too obscure.
    While my poor Redguard behind still remembers him (not very) fondly, I would still like to see him in ESO. But - he didn't have a broken horn, or rather, his horns should be unbroken at this time.
    Regardless of which dragon it will be - I have a hard time imagining a dragon 'spawning scaled children' with Sai Sahan. The dragon will most probably lay the eggs, but can you imagine Sai fertilizing them? Or will he just incubate them...?
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • Northener1907
    Northener1907
    Soul Shriven
    you can solo most normal dungeons spamming brawler, even better with a master 2hander.
    and if you play plar, by spamming sweeps

Yes i know that. But some dungeons so hard for play solo
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gan Xing wrote: »
    Just got around to watching

I have one main question
    Storm and Frost Dragons

If you haven't considered this, will you now?

Sorry if others have already asked this question

What do Dragonknights have anything to do with Dragons other than the word 'Dragon'?
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • ShenaniganSquad
    ShenaniganSquad
    ✭✭✭
    Alliance War Campaign Updates
    Once this updates goes live, we will be opening a new Cyrodiil campaign. Laatvulon is a 30 day, CP-enabled, non-Alliance locked Campaign. Additionally, we will be shutting down the Yolnahkriin campaign. Anyone assigned to this campaign at shutdown will receive a free campaign reassignment.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler so the whiny faction flipping babies get their faction flipping campaign and those of us who play in the 7 day get shafted ??? ... thanks alot.. why you pander to a small group of people who have no integrity and honor and punish those of us who have it is beyond me... as an Australian, the large 30 day campaigns are unplayable. I play at 300 ping on a good day when there is barely anyone on, I am a spectator in vivec and sotha.. for my one skill going off the american players get 3 or 4... at least in the 7day cp it was better, I could play, I dont know what you think you are all doing over there but you keep screwing everyone else outside of the usa that plays this game and loves pvp... its ***