Maintenance for the week of October 21:
· [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU for maintenance – October 23,  6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 23,  6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 23,  6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

[POSSIBLE SPOILERS] Summerset - Navigate the Ebon Stadmont Forest

Bam_Bam
Bam_Bam
✭✭✭✭✭
OK - so I started this quest. Then got distracted by another bloody elf and ended up doing HER quest
Andewen - The Ebon Forest
. I went back to this particular quest but I can't find anything anywhere of interest. The quest description is vague so that's not much help. If anyone could guide me through it or message me and let me know what to actually do in the quest, that would be great I've been through every portal but there are no indicators on the compass/screen
Edited by Bam_Bam on May 25, 2018 2:30PM
Joined January 2014
PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
Lims Kragm'a
Bam Bam Bara
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EDIT [SPOILERS!!!]

    Navigate the Ebon Stadmont Forest is the quest given by Leythen, NOT the quest given by Andewen (The Ebon Sanctum).
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

    #DiscordHypeSquad

    Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • happytaco
    happytaco
    Soul Shriven
    I have had the same issue with this quest, and I already completed Andewen's quest previously. I've navigated the Forest to the Sanctum on my own, walked in, and nothing happened. Then I went back to the beginning and did it how the quest book advises, walked in, and still no change to the quest. I'm not sure what to do now, as I'm fairly certain the next point of interest will be in the Sanctum but it just keeps the quest marker on the forest...

    I'd love to know what others have to say about advancing.
  • Greevir
    Greevir
    ✭✭✭✭
    You have a quest book that gives you hints on how to navigate it.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • iannotinbjing
    iannotinbjing
    ✭✭✭
    I have this problem too. I've already completed the Andewen quest, now trying to do Leythen quest, but as soon as I enter Ebon Stadmont, quest marker disappears, and I can't see any crows! I've tried relogging, doesn't seem to make a difference.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hint under spoiler
    the crows in the quest book are the statues on the archways

    Solution under spoiler
    count the crows on the,archway and follow the count in the book. First the arch with 2 crows, then the archway with 1 crow, then the archway with 3 crows (neither 1 nor 2). The crow head on the top of the arch counts.

    Edited: possible correction, I haven't tested it since it'll be a while before I get an alt to this quest, but TheRealPotoroo found that this worked instead
    2, 1, 1, 3
    Edited by VaranisArano on June 15, 2018 12:48PM
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Believe it or not, this is not the hardest puzzle in the game. That honor goes to a certain Wrothgar quest
    where you have to make a bunch of statues face the right description based on a story
  • alanbard
    alanbard
    Soul Shriven
    I read the poem and started looking for a gate with a bird broken off one side or a single pedestal...
  • bzz86
    bzz86
    ✭✭✭
    happytaco wrote: »
    I have had the same issue with this quest, and I already completed Andewen's quest previously. I've navigated the Forest to the Sanctum on my own, walked in, and nothing happened. Then I went back to the beginning and did it how the quest book advises, walked in, and still no change to the quest. I'm not sure what to do now, as I'm fairly certain the next point of interest will be in the Sanctum but it just keeps the quest marker on the forest...

    I'd love to know what others have to say about advancing.

    People seem to be advising you how to get in te sanctum without reading what you wrote.... I have the same problem the marker is on the forest and I cannot advance. When I get into sanctum I cannot open any doors. Is this a bug? Am I doing anything wrong? Anyone please ?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bzz86 wrote: »
    happytaco wrote: »
    I have had the same issue with this quest, and I already completed Andewen's quest previously. I've navigated the Forest to the Sanctum on my own, walked in, and nothing happened. Then I went back to the beginning and did it how the quest book advises, walked in, and still no change to the quest. I'm not sure what to do now, as I'm fairly certain the next point of interest will be in the Sanctum but it just keeps the quest marker on the forest...

    I'd love to know what others have to say about advancing.

    People seem to be advising you how to get in te sanctum without reading what you wrote.... I have the same problem the marker is on the forest and I cannot advance. When I get into sanctum I cannot open any doors. Is this a bug? Am I doing anything wrong? Anyone please ?

    The quest book you are given gives you a series of clues to follow. You need to enter the forest, then pass through the portals indicated by those clues. Doing so will bring you to a seperate quest instance. You don't actually enter the building that's the Ebon Sanctum. (If you are getting that far, I think you only need to go through one more portal, iirc)

    I posted the hint and spoilers above.
    Edited by VaranisArano on June 11, 2018 4:24PM
  • argouru
    argouru
    ✭✭✭
    I just figured this out this morning (I'm on the XB1 version of the game). From the entrance where the merchant and the elf woman who gives you the local quest there, enter the portal. In the first area where the broken stone platform is (where you are first attacked by daedra in the local quest), go to the opposite side of the platform from where you entered and go through the portal with no crows. In the next area, look for the portal with 2 crows and go through to reach the area for the Lost in Translation quest. There are gloom wolves and an abandoned tent in the area.
  • argouru
    argouru
    ✭✭✭
    argouru wrote: »
    I just figured this out this morning (I'm on the XB1 version of the game). From the entrance where the merchant and the elf woman who gives you the local quest there, enter the portal. In the first area where the broken stone platform is (where you are first attacked by daedra in the local quest), go to the opposite side of the platform from where you entered and go through the portal with no crows. In the next area, look for the portal with 2 crows and go through to reach the area for the Lost in Translation quest. There are gloom wolves and an abandoned tent in the area.

    I only did this once, so can someone verify that I got it correctly? Remember, DO NOT go through the archway with the two crows in the first area with the stone platform. Go through the other portal instead, THEN go through the portal with 2 crows in the next area.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nvm
    Edited by VaranisArano on June 12, 2018 9:54PM
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hint under spoiler
    the crows in the quest book are the statues on the archways

    Solution under spoiler
    count the crows on the,archway and follow the count in the book. First the arch with 2 crows, then the archway with 1 crow, then the archway with 3 crows (neither 1 nor 2). The crow head on the top of the arch counts.
    I need to reconfirm this but every time I used the 2,1,3 sequence I ended up at the entrance to the sanctum. The sequence seems to be 2,1,1,3 instead.
    PC NA, PC EU
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hint under spoiler
    the crows in the quest book are the statues on the archways

    Solution under spoiler
    count the crows on the,archway and follow the count in the book. First the arch with 2 crows, then the archway with 1 crow, then the archway with 3 crows (neither 1 nor 2). The crow head on the top of the arch counts.
    I need to reconfirm this but every time I used the 2,1,3 sequence I ended up at the entrance to the sanctum. The sequence seems to be 2,1,1,3 instead.

    It'll be a while before I can test this myself with an alt, but I added it to my solution post in the meantime. Thanks.
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found my way thru the quest, but it was so confusing (repeatedly entering and leaving the forest) that I just assumed it was bugged.
  • f15hb0wn
    f15hb0wn
    Soul Shriven
    Hint under spoiler
    the crows in the quest book are the statues on the archways

    Solution under spoiler
    count the crows on the,archway and follow the count in the book. First the arch with 2 crows, then the archway with 1 crow, then the archway with 3 crows (neither 1 nor 2). The crow head on the top of the arch counts.
    I need to reconfirm this but every time I used the 2,1,3 sequence I ended up at the entrance to the sanctum. The sequence seems to be 2,1,1,3 instead.

    I just re-ran it and can confirm the correct order is..
    2,1,3. It does drop in a zone called sanctum but it is a different area than in Andewen's quest (also called sanctum). This area has gloom wolves in it and the end of the path has the stone that the Earl wants to translate.
    Edited by f15hb0wn on June 19, 2018 3:57PM
  • Hokiewa
    Hokiewa
    ✭✭✭✭
    You guys are awesome, ty!
  • Sandmanninja
    Sandmanninja
    ✭✭✭✭
    This was driving me batty. thanks for posting the above.
    [Hard Mode Dungeoneers] is recruiting all players of all levels for this new Guild.
    THIS IS A NEW-BUT-GROWING GUILD. We are focused on doing vet pledges, vet dungeons, getting achieves, & doing hard mode bosses.
    Most active GMT+10 (Australia time zone) in the afternoon Mon-Fri and all day Sat/Sun.
    Pst/email for info/invites.
  • in2ozzy
    in2ozzy
    Soul Shriven
    You can run around that maze forever and get nowhere if you don't go to the back of the maze and use Latham's stone to talk to him.
  • justinbarrett
    justinbarrett
    ✭✭✭
    As of Mar 03 2019 I confirm it is 2, 1, 3...
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As of Mar 03 2019 I confirm it is 2, 1, 3...

    Good to know! I never did make it back there with a second character to check.
  • Philotas
    Philotas
    Soul Shriven
    As of 4/5/19, the usual 2, 1, 3 order is no longer working. I’ve done this quest on 4 characters, always 2, 1, 3. Either it’s bugged or they’ve changed something.
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    argouru wrote: »
    I just figured this out this morning (I'm on the XB1 version of the game). From the entrance where the merchant and the elf woman who gives you the local quest there, enter the portal. In the first area where the broken stone platform is (where you are first attacked by daedra in the local quest), go to the opposite side of the platform from where you entered and go through the portal with no crows. In the next area, look for the portal with 2 crows and go through to reach the area for the Lost in Translation quest. There are gloom wolves and an abandoned tent in the area.

    I just did this way, and it worked. Such a confusing quest, that book quest item is so stupid.
    'For love, for friendship and for valour, I stand with the Aldmeri Dominion.'

    Zephyrle Starbreeze, Bosmer Nightblade
    Aefion Bloodclaw, Altmer Sorcerer
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one is confusing as can be.
    Edited by bulbousb16_ESO on July 14, 2019 10:34PM
    Lethal zergling
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one is confusing as can be.

    Did you make it through eventually or are you still stuck?
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

    #DiscordHypeSquad

    Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • ErinM31
    ErinM31
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Philotas wrote: »
    As of 4/5/19, the usual 2, 1, 3 order is no longer working. I’ve done this quest on 4 characters, always 2, 1, 3. Either it’s bugged or they’ve changed something.

    Have others encountered this? This is my first time going through the quest line (but did the local quest already). Is there a different entrance into the maze I’m supposed to go to? I entered at the same portal where I received the local quest and then proceeded through the archways — 2 crows and then 1 — and then find myself at the Sanctum but no gloom wolves and no way to continue. When I could find nothing there, I thought maybe I was interpreting the clues wrong and went back and tried the other portals in the maze and those without crows just dump me back in Summerset. :confused:

    EDIT: Logged back in to try the following and it worked!
    argouru wrote: »
    I just figured this out this morning (I'm on the XB1 version of the game). From the entrance where the merchant and the elf woman who gives you the local quest there, enter the portal. In the first area where the broken stone platform is (where you are first attacked by daedra in the local quest), go to the opposite side of the platform from where you entered and go through the portal with no crows. In the next area, look for the portal with 2 crows and go through to reach the area for the Lost in Translation quest. There are gloom wolves and an abandoned tent in the area.
    Edited by ErinM31 on August 8, 2019 2:52AM
  • TheMrSnow1
    I can confirm it is still 2, 1, 3. at least on PC
  • RandomSilliness
    Infuriating quest. I believe it's buggy, or possibly that the navigation of the forest is not consistent across all accounts (or possibly characters). I tried everything above, and none worked. Eventually I did just 2,3, and that got me to the right place, but it still was no picnic to find the right spot within that instance.
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Infuriating quest. I believe it's buggy, or possibly that the navigation of the forest is not consistent across all accounts (or possibly characters). I tried everything above, and none worked. Eventually I did just 2,3, and that got me to the right place, but it still was no picnic to find the right spot within that instance.

    I totally agree. Every time I've tried 2,1,3 it hasn't worked. Something isn't right.
    PC NA, PC EU
Sign In or Register to comment.