The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Does any vendor sell all purchasable food and drink recipes?

FlopsyPrince
FlopsyPrince
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
The food and drink vendors I look at usually only show about 6 food or drink recipes, located around the current rank of the current character.

Do any of them (or someone else) sell all the ones you can normally buy? Or do you have to buy them while leveling up to make sure you don't miss any of those?
PC
PS4/PS5
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, they all only sell the recipes at your level and one level below your current level, and only green quality.

Also, for the first 3 tiers, they are alliance based as well, so your EP characters will get different recipes than your AD characters.

Best bet is to shop the guild stores for missing ones. You can also do provisioning writs at a lower level (no master writs, but the bervez juice and frost miriam still drop), as they will give you green/blue/purple recipes at the level of the writ.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can also find the recipes used in daily writs in containers (wardrobes, urns, furniture) if you wander around as I do since I don't just craft with my alts.
    I also have my alts with different crafting ranks in provisioning atm, with that I can trade different level recipes among them.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    You can also do provisioning writs at a lower level (no master writs, but the bervez juice and frost miriam still drop), as they will give you green/blue/purple recipes at the level of the writ.

True, but those writs do NOT drop the provisioning writ recipes. They removed them when they added them to the vendors. At top rank, they do drop, but at other tiers, they do not. I think it's an oversight that the writ recipes drop at top tier, as technically, they shouldn't.

Be careful when shopping guild traders and try to look for prices that are close to the vendor prices. I've found some below the vendor prices, but usually, players still charge more.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, they all only sell the recipes at your level and one level below your current level, and only green quality.

That is what I was seeing.
    Also, for the first 3 tiers, they are alliance based as well, so your EP characters will get different recipes than your AD characters.

I did not realize that, but it explains why I was seeing some different recipes on different characters.

I suppose I could just burn some gold at some point and reset the Provisioning points on one character in each of the 3 alliances to make sure I have them all, at least on my main crafter. I do wish managing recipes across characters was much easier on the PS4 though.

Are the blue recipes the same across alliances, at least the ones earned from the daily rewards?

PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, the blue recipes from the daily rewards are the same across alliances, as are the greens and purples, though as I mentioned earlier, they won't drop any of the writ recipes, except at top tier.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on September 11, 2019 5:07PM
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So the only difference is from the vendors when leveling. I just need to pay a bit more attention to that then.

I don't think so, but does any master list exist in the system as with other things (like motifs)?
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So the only difference is from the vendors when leveling. I just need to pay a bit more attention to that then.

I don't think so, but does any master list exist in the system as with other things (like motifs)?

Here's a list of recipes in-game (the list includes not only provisioning recipes but also provisioning furnishings):
    http://esoitem.uesp.net/viewlog.php?record=recipe

Recipes only:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Food_Recipes
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Beverage_Recipes

If you wish to seee/search other stuff
    http://esoitem.uesp.net/viewlog.php

Edit: links added
    Edited by redlink1979 on September 12, 2019 1:22PM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Kind of. If you activate a Cooking Fire, you can see a list of recipes you do know. I dont think you see the ones you dont, but it.has been so long since I provisioned without an addon....
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Kind of. If you activate a Cooking Fire, you can see a list of recipes you do know. I dont think you see the ones you dont, but it.has been so long since I provisioned without an addon....

Correct, @Nestor, even with Master Recipe List add-on, the cooking station UI will still only show learned recipes.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I want to find ones I don't know, in game.

I can do the mental mapping between in game and another source, but that is easier to miss things.

I play on the PS4 as well, so no addon will ever give me what I need.

I don't love the interface for motifs, but at least I can find most of them there. I was hoping something like that existed for recipes.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It might be useful to know that vendors offer recipes based on your provisioning recipe improvement level, not your character level. So you can easily reset your skill points for that passive to 1, go back and buy recipes for all your toons who need them, and then increase that passive one by one to get all that you missed. I just did this the other day you need to do on one AD toon, one EP, one DC if you need provisioning level 1-3 recipes.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pevey wrote: »
    It might be useful to know that vendors offer recipes based on your provisioning recipe improvement level, not your character level. So you can easily reset your skill points for that passive to 1, go back and buy recipes for all your toons who need them, and then increase that passive one by one to get all that you missed. I just did this the other day you need to do on one AD toon, one EP, one DC if you need provisioning level 1-3 recipes.

That is doable, but it is silly that we have to do that. Just have a specific vendor have all the recipes if they don't want to crowd most chefs/bartenders.
    PC
    PS4/PS5