Update 24 and the Dragonhold DLC Game Pack are both now available for testing on the PTS! Experience the amazing conclusion to the Season of the Dragon saga. You can read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/493609/ 

I think it's time for class change tokens ...

  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This will 100% be implemented at some point. It will make zos a lot of money for nothing and there is absolutely no way they ignore that.
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calboy wrote: »
    This will 100% be implemented at some point. It will make zos a lot of money for nothing and there is absolutely no way they ignore that.

    Techinally speaking they would lose out on money n the long run due to...well

    buy 1 class change token

    vs

    rerolling
    buying fg line
    buygin skyshards
    buying mg line
    buying db line
    buying psijicj line
    buying sneaky line
    ect...

    you see the "issue" here, yes?
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »
    BattleAxe wrote: »
    The amount of programming need to do a class change and have it work properly would be a mountain in itself more than likely it would glitch out and you would have a sorc using dragon leap or a dk summoning a twilight. The examples are likely outcome of class changing. However the more likely and better alternative is for a spellcrafting system.

    I'm not sure why you say that because the class systems are already programmed. It should be simple to do. All the hard work is already done.

    With race change it’s simply a matter of a handful of passives but to do a class change requires 3 skill lines to be converted and ideally people will want the skill lines at same level as their toons had prior to changing class. There are even further complications on top of the basic issues presented
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    barney2525 wrote: »
    Ah. Its the part of the month when this request pops up.
    Same answer...
    No
    You can achieve everything you want by just making another character.
    Is that 'too hard' to do?

    Is it too hard to read?

    There are plenty of reasons listed in this thread about why "just creating another character" isn't the answer, including the fact that i already have fully leveled characters for each class and still would like to see class change tokens for those reasons listed that you clearly didn't bother to read.
    rolleyes.gif


    So you have fully leveled characters in Every class.

    And yet you are not satisfied with the characters?

    If you already have all of the classes maxed, what is the point of playing musical chairs with the character's classes? Obviously you feel there is something 'missing' so to speak.


    :#
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    Jeremy wrote: »
    BattleAxe wrote: »
    The amount of programming need to do a class change and have it work properly would be a mountain in itself more than likely it would glitch out and you would have a sorc using dragon leap or a dk summoning a twilight. The examples are likely outcome of class changing. However the more likely and better alternative is for a spellcrafting system.

    I'm not sure why you say that because the class systems are already programmed. It should be simple to do. All the hard work is already done.

    We do not know how the db is setup and what all is affected. From the outside, not knowing anything about the games design, we do not see any entanglements that would make it challenging.

    My guess is this has nothing to do with it. MMORPGs seem to have a vested interest in having the masses roll additional characters. The most obvious the crown store sales and they just might believe that they make more money off a new character than a class change token would bring in.

    Regardless, just asking for it and arguing it should not be challenging to do has little chance of succeeding since Zos has said they are not interested in it. One would need to figure out why they are not and address that issue to have a shot at changing their minds. However, if it is due to monetary reasons I doubt anyone has worthy information to present a decent argument.

    Oh it's definitely because of financial incentives. They likely make way too much money selling conveniences to altoholics through their crown store for them to ever risk giving that revenue up by giving players the option to simply change their classes.

    So I agree with you there.

    I just wanted to point out that I seriously seriously doubt programming concerns have anything to do with their disinterest. Because simply changing a character's class would be a pretty simple process and shouldn't require much coding.

    I am pretty certain it crown sales as well but know it is just a guess. After all, that is all you are doing, guessing about how easy the coding is because you really do not know.
    Really, idk
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    SirAndy wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    if it is due to monetary reasons I doubt anyone has worthy information to present a decent argument.
    Here's a decent argument:
    post-2-1568165983.gif
    That lacks any worthy meaning.

    Let me translate:
    ZOS can make money selling class change token to people that otherwise would not fork over money to speed level alts

    popcorn.gif

    LOL. I think it is obvious that Zos would sell some class change tokens but that does not make it good business sense. That gif is just a meaningless silly image that provides nothing of value to the conversation.
    Really, idk
  • UndeniablyAVG
    UndeniablyAVG
    ✭✭✭
    Calboy wrote: »
    This will 100% be implemented at some point. It will make zos a lot of money for nothing and there is absolutely no way they ignore that.

    I think you are wrong here, implementing this will cost them money in the long run. If you can change your mains class you would have no reason to create alts. Meaning you wouldn't purchase any more riding lessons, skyshards, research scrolls and skill lines, etc.

    PS4 EU - Daggerfall Covenant
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Jeremy wrote: »
    They should have class change tokens to begin with. But considering all the sweeping changes they routinely make to how classes function they ought to be mandatory at this point.

    Just think of how many tokens they could sell after each update!
    unsure.gif

    Yep and this idea will only drive them to make even more lopsided changes over time.

    In turn we'll see more posts about P2W and all that nonsense.

    Then in turn from that, we'll see everyone changing their char to whatever people are complaining is P2W even more than we already do.

    ZOS then make changes based on that.

    See the problem? This is a contributor.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • D3N7157
    D3N7157
    ✭✭✭
    Stop with the class change nonsense finally, many players including myself have 15 characters already, it’s a game, MMO game at that and those tend to be grindy. Leveling character with proper gear and XP boost is 3 hours maximum you can even buy undaunted mages guild psijic for like half a year worth of eso plus at the moment, it’s not gonna happen stop crying about it and if you do elaborate more than one line of text.
    Y I K E R S
  • Fang_of_Lorkhaj
    Fang_of_Lorkhaj
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's time for another self entitled post..... wait..
  • Krileon
    Krileon
    ✭✭✭
    I'm all for a class change. There's too much stuff tied to a single character. Research, mount upgrades, bag space, achievements, etc.. If I want to change mains it's a nightmare worth of work to do. Making an alt to screw around on isn't a big deal, but If I really enjoy a different class and want it to be my new main I'm discouraged to do so do to all the work I've put into my main already that I basically "lose" by not playing them.

    What I am confused by is why half of you are against it. What harm does it bring to you? It doesn't impact you in any way if you've no intention of using it. You can't even say it becomes flavor of the month PVP because you don't need a main to PVP; people just make flavor of the month alts and done. So you literally make no sense whining against this.
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    Calboy wrote: »
    This will 100% be implemented at some point. It will make zos a lot of money for nothing and there is absolutely no way they ignore that.

    I think you are wrong here, implementing this will cost them money in the long run. If you can change your mains class you would have no reason to create alts. Meaning you wouldn't purchase any more riding lessons, skyshards, research scrolls and skill lines, etc.

    If I could employ the use of class change tokens, I would *still* create alts. There is also no guarantee that each person creating a new character would by every single skill line or skyshard set, either.

    I just wish we had so many more character slots to be able to purchase to do that...
  • Fermian
    Fermian
    ✭✭✭
    A class reroll would be nice.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BattleAxe wrote: »
    Jeremy wrote: »
    BattleAxe wrote: »
    The amount of programming need to do a class change and have it work properly would be a mountain in itself more than likely it would glitch out and you would have a sorc using dragon leap or a dk summoning a twilight. The examples are likely outcome of class changing. However the more likely and better alternative is for a spellcrafting system.

    I'm not sure why you say that because the class systems are already programmed. It should be simple to do. All the hard work is already done.

    With race change it’s simply a matter of a handful of passives but to do a class change requires 3 skill lines to be converted and ideally people will want the skill lines at same level as their toons had prior to changing class. There are even further complications on top of the basic issues presented

    That would be simple to do, even if you wanted to carry over the same skill ranks. Simply save the current levels of each skill rank into temporary variables (though I'm sure they are already saved on permanent ones anyway) and then apply them to the corresponding skills once you swap them. So that wouldn't be difficult to do either, even if you wanted to do that. So the situation you presented would not be a complicated one to address and I've seen no "basic issues" presented in this thread that would make programming a process to change classes difficult. This would be a very basic code.

    Trust me, it's not programming difficulties that's keeping them from doing this.
    Edited by Jeremy on September 11, 2019 5:37PM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    notyuu wrote: »
    Calboy wrote: »
    This will 100% be implemented at some point. It will make zos a lot of money for nothing and there is absolutely no way they ignore that.
    Techinally speaking they would lose out on money n the long run due to...well

    buy 1 class change token

    vs

    rerolling
    buying fg line
    buygin skyshards
    buying mg line
    buying db line
    buying psijicj line
    buying sneaky line
    ect...

    you see the "issue" here, yes?

    Except, i bet most people are like me and they do this instead:

    rerolling
    buying play fg line
    buygin play skyshards
    buying play mg line
    buying play db line
    buying play psijicj line
    buying play sneaky line
    ect...

    You see how ZOS could make money with class change tokens here, yes?
    shades.gif

    The Sidekick Order:
    The Naked Nords | The Cannon Fodder of Tamriel | The Mercenaries without Skills | The League of formidable Crafters
    The Psijic Order - 0.016% | Elder Moot | Lone Wolf Help | Great House Hlaalu
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Krileon wrote: »
    I'm all for a class change. There's too much stuff tied to a single character. Research, mount upgrades, bag space, achievements, etc.. If I want to change mains it's a nightmare worth of work to do. Making an alt to screw around on isn't a big deal, but If I really enjoy a different class and want it to be my new main I'm discouraged to do so do to all the work I've put into my main already that I basically "lose" by not playing them.

    What I am confused by is why half of you are against it. What harm does it bring to you? It doesn't impact you in any way if you've no intention of using it. You can't even say it becomes flavor of the month PVP because you don't need a main to PVP; people just make flavor of the month alts and done. So you literally make no sense whining against this.

    agree.gif

    The Sidekick Order:
    The Naked Nords | The Cannon Fodder of Tamriel | The Mercenaries without Skills | The League of formidable Crafters
    The Psijic Order - 0.016% | Elder Moot | Lone Wolf Help | Great House Hlaalu
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Really another class change thread 😔
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the need for class change, but it needs to be via in-game mechanism only. As soon as they make it available in the crown store they will start swinging the FOTM "balance" pendulum even harder.
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calboy wrote: »
    This will 100% be implemented at some point. It will make zos a lot of money for nothing and there is absolutely no way they ignore that.

    I think you are wrong here, implementing this will cost them money in the long run. If you can change your mains class you would have no reason to create alts. Meaning you wouldn't purchase any more riding lessons, skyshards, research scrolls and skill lines, etc.

    I agree with you. But there will always be that percentage of the player base that would rather class change than reroll and if its appropriately priced and also maybe introduced at a certain point in the games timeline, maybe when it's on its last legs, they will introduce class change. 100%.
  • BuildMan
    BuildMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would prefer account wide achievements and titles compared to class change tokens.
    PSN: YourACasul
    For the Covenant!!

    CP 1040 Dark Elf Magicka Warden Healbot - Flawless Conqueror

    Ps4/NA/DC
  • priforce
    priforce
    ✭✭✭
    No.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BuildMan wrote: »
    I would prefer account wide achievements and titles compared to class change tokens.

    This is the solution
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    notyuu wrote: »
    Calboy wrote: »
    This will 100% be implemented at some point. It will make zos a lot of money for nothing and there is absolutely no way they ignore that.

    Techinally speaking they would lose out on money n the long run due to...well

    buy 1 class change token

    vs

    rerolling
    buying fg line
    buygin skyshards
    buying mg line
    buying db line
    buying psijicj line
    buying sneaky line
    ect...

    you see the "issue" here, yes?

    This works if someone only changes class once on a character. Given character slot limits, it is reasonable to conclude that people may fill up to the limit with rerolls. Then what? Unless people start deleting characters just to create new ones (losing crown store purchases in doing so) then there is a soft limit here.

    Class change tokens? They could be purchased every 2-3 months for the rest of the game.

    If ZOS is looking for a long-term revenue stream then a combination of class change tokens, and sweeping mechanical changes is the way to manage it.

    That is why they should never be a thing.
  • Commancho
    Commancho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some of you are ridiculous thinking that class change token could replace alt characters. It has nothing to do with meta as well. Like you have noticed you can rank up skill lines for pvp during one evening. Something that you cannot do with few thousands achievements. That's why many of us request for it. Current crown store offer doesn't cover that demand.
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »
    BattleAxe wrote: »
    Jeremy wrote: »
    BattleAxe wrote: »
    The amount of programming need to do a class change and have it work properly would be a mountain in itself more than likely it would glitch out and you would have a sorc using dragon leap or a dk summoning a twilight. The examples are likely outcome of class changing. However the more likely and better alternative is for a spellcrafting system.

    I'm not sure why you say that because the class systems are already programmed. It should be simple to do. All the hard work is already done.

    With race change it’s simply a matter of a handful of passives but to do a class change requires 3 skill lines to be converted and ideally people will want the skill lines at same level as their toons had prior to changing class. There are even further complications on top of the basic issues presented

    That would be simple to do, even if you wanted to carry over the same skill ranks. Simply save the current levels of each skill rank into temporary variables (though I'm sure they are already saved on permanent ones anyway) and then apply them to the corresponding skills once you swap them. So that wouldn't be difficult to do either, even if you wanted to do that. So the situation you presented would not be a complicated one to address and I've seen no "basic issues" presented in this thread that would make programming a process to change classes difficult. This would be a very basic code.

    Trust me, it's not programming difficulties that's keeping them from doing this.

    You fail to see the coding issue would be if their is even the slightest coding error you would say have a sorc with dragon leap or a nightblade with the bear ultimate for some simple examples
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think ZoS said they’d never do it though
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    I think ZoS said they’d never do it though

    They did, but as someone else has pointed out, this wouldn't be the first time they've changed their mind about implementing something if they do change it on this, as they're entitled to.

    I could be wrong, but I think skill lines were one of those things.
    Edited by sentientomega on September 12, 2019 10:49AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think ZoS said they’d never do it though

    What I heard them say earlier this year is they were not interested in offering it which is different. Nothing tantalizing has been mentioned here to get their attention as I am pretty sure Zos has a better grasp the revenue situation than anyone who has posted in this thread.
    Really, idk
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great idea!

    In consequence, the inbalance of classes will be increased sgnificant, while the op class will change with every update, in order to sell as many tokens as possible.

  • MooseKnuckles88
    MooseKnuckles88
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    How would you propose handling the class skill limes? Should they keep the pre-change values and skill point assignment, the way that racial passives do when changing race?

    Because it seems odd to me to have fully leveled skill lines and morphs available for class skill lines never played, but it would seem unfair to start class lines at 0 if your character was fully leveled before.

    This is why I don't think class change tokens will be available in addition to the idea that the whole point of the game to play the game. Not class change to a new meta every 6 months or there would never be a reason to have more than one character ever. Which would cut down on buying skyshards and skill lines.
Sign In or Register to comment.