Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unable to Speak through ESO Voice Channels

PrimusNephilim
PrimusNephilim
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello,

Currently I am unable to pick up any voice communication from either Zone channel and Guild channels. My head set/mic work just fine as I'm able to use voice over the PS4 party system but I am unable to pick up voice from the ESO social chat menus. When I'm in social chat menus, odds things happen intermittently, for example, I'll I choose a guild channel and it will count down from 6 to 0, then it repeats without any intervention from me. Sometimes it will allow me to disconnect, sometimes it will not. When I am able to back out of a channel, to choose a different channel, the previous channel disappears from the menu and never returns. Some times when logging in for the first time of the day, it auto logs me into a guild channel randomly and I can't get out/disconnect, it just continues to count down from 6 to 0, then repeats. Sometimes when logging in, I'' check the voice channels and there will be no option for zone chat. Each example given, there is no voice commutation but I can hear the game environment sounds just fine, just no person to person communication.

Please advise, Thank you
  • red_bird
    red_bird
    ✭✭
    A few of my guildmates who had similar problems were able to solve it with these instructions for PS4 settings:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/arcdez/easy_fix_for_broken_voice_chat/

(I think ESO just offers this, when following a link titled "Why is my Guild Chat stuck on a countdown timer?":
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34133/kw/voice chat )
    pve on ps4
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    red_bird wrote: »
    A few of my guildmates who had similar problems were able to solve it with these instructions for PS4 settings:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/arcdez/easy_fix_for_broken_voice_chat/

(I think ESO just offers this, when following a link titled "Why is my Guild Chat stuck on a countdown timer?":
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34133/kw/voice chat )

Thanks for the post.
  • PrimusNephilim
    PrimusNephilim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    red_bird wrote: »

Thanks for posting, I'll give this a shot after work and update
  • PrimusNephilim
    PrimusNephilim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: I still have problems with the voice chat even following the directions provided in the youtube clip, Thank you red_bird. I didn't realize this was such an issue, dating back to 2015. After reading many post from these forums and reddit, I found another suggestion to "reboot" the PS4, so as to rebuild the database. This failed to resolve my issue as well.

Truly disappointing that an issue that has been taking place for 4 years without resolution. If this was my job and I couldn't resolve an issue after 4 years, I'd be unemployed. (I'm a Building Engineer in DC)

What makes this more disappointing, is the difficulty with running trials without voice comm, enjoying the usual banter between guildies and friends. Thanks to who ever is responsible for this mess, you've taken a game that's designed to be fun and enjoyable and because of a lack of attention and misplaced priorities, the game is a bit less enjoyable now. Whats the point of playing any game if it isn't enjoyable?

The fact that I've not received a response from anyone at ZOS, also speaks volumes.
  • red_bird
    red_bird
    ✭✭
    I'm sorry it didn't work for you. It's no good to be unable to communicate, as you said, and that ESO help page that says they're working on a solution was last updated years ago, so we're meant to believe they've been working on it all this time with no success. :neutral:

I see in your sig that you're a guild master. So ESO's advice to try leaving the guild, logging out, and then re-joining would be a huge pain for you, if it's even possible. And everything else on that page is about trying to prevent it from happening in the first place.

I hope there's another solution out there that will work for you.
    pve on ps4
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @I_am_Groot

At this point since you've exhausted the available troubleshooting, you should open a ticket with customer support. From there they can advise on any other possible solutions or workarounds you can try out.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • PrimusNephilim
    PrimusNephilim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @I_am_Groot

At this point since you've exhausted the available troubleshooting, you should open a ticket with customer support. From there they can advise on any other possible solutions or workarounds you can try out.

Thank you for responding, I will place a ticket and see if this can resolve my issue. I also have read that by leaving the PS4 powered off during normal maintenance hours (Tuesday) that this could also help, which I plan on doing.

• PrimusNephilim
    PrimusNephilim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: received this today from support, needless to say, I'm disappointed...smh

5z1meoalrmd5.jpg
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Delsskia is that you? O.O
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • PrimusNephilim
    PrimusNephilim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated: One of my guildies set me up with a fix and by changing my DNS settings resolved the issue with voice chat. Work like a charm now. Posting in case anyone else is having similar problems.

~ Cheers

rvt25hnio1r6.jpg
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been having issues with chat on PS4. Changing the DDS settings other work arounds have not worked. Filled out a feedback ticket, but not optimistic.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE I am now experiencing this same bug on 5 different guilds and on local area chat.
    I have changed my DNS settings, cleared my saved data and even done a complete PS4 database rebuild.
    At this point it is clear that there is something wrong with the ESO voice system and this should be booted up to the proper techs as it is also clear that customer service doesn't have a clue.
    Thanks in advance.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s the same for me. A solution to this is desperately needed and would be appreciated.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Same happening to me. PSN or discord are the solution.

Let's hope U24 actually fixes something...
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE now I can't even avoid using voice chat as it automatically goes to my first guild on list VC whether I want to or not, and I can't leave the voice chat. If I select another voice chat that selection completely disappears.
    Why is it automatically enabling voice chat in the first place? Never did that before.

Update - Seems if you wait 10 minutes you can then at least leave that first guild voice chat.
    Edited by TequilaFire on October 17, 2019 2:27PM
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same happening to me. PSN or discord are the solution.

Let's hope U24 actually fixes something...

Well they’re stop gap measures. Very hard to do a trial with some people in PSN and some in ESO chats.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we got to run to the support center every time and make a post it's going to be ignored this game is really doing something wrong because this is another form in order to give you guys information it's what's wrong with your game PlayStation 4 chat is very broken when your place into a group you hardly ever get group chat when you login and logout you lose your guild chats so therefore in a sociable game we can't even socialize we can't even speak and communicate about mechanics within the dungeons our trials we can't communicate with our Guild in regards to anything can you please get a handle on this is it is more game-breaking for some people thin your audit is
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THIS IS OUT AND OUT DISGUSTING behaviour from ZoS....

To suggest the workaround is to use someone's else's technology is ridiculous. You can't expect to have to use this feature for guild chat of guilds 400+ in size, nor can you expect to have to use this for group finder activities (not to mention the game has 24 player group limits, and PSN only has 16 player limits.).

Can I suggest that everyone files a formal complaint here...

https://www.bbb.org/
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I also suggest, next time this sham outfit takes to Twitch in a live feed - we BOMBARD them with this... it's high time they felt the same pain we feel.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is still a problem. Can we an actual response to this? This problem has been going on far too long.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Changed my DNS setting as recommended and it worked ok until last maintenance. Now back to not working again. :/
  • crom_543
    crom_543
    Soul Shriven
    pk8n3df87ub5.png
  • crom_543
    crom_543
    Soul Shriven
    voice chat broken for almost 2 weeks. they cant fix it!!!
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Out again tonight PS4 NA 8:30 PM 10/26
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still no in game voice chat this morning 11/1. All posted fixes didn’t resolve it. Haven’t heard anything from ZOS at all about this problem. This is just plain incompetence.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Got some feedback from ZOS saying they’re investigating the problem.
  • crom_543
    crom_543
    Soul Shriven
    thats what they told me a few times. then ‘customer service’ admitted they could not fix it!! look at the email they sent me⬆️
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Considering it’s a technical problem and not customer service that’s to be expected.
  • crom_543
    crom_543
    Soul Shriven
    I think the point im trying to make here is that no one is going to fix it. the game is almost 5 years old. We are paying for a fundamentally broken feature that will never work correctly. They will tell you they are working on it as many times as you need to hear it until the PS5.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE

Is this going to be fixed or is the previous poster correct?