The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Small Bug report: Windows ESO launcher icon does not clear after launcher is closed down.

roguedkb16_ESO
After I finish playing ESO, the launcher icon does not clear from list of programs running. It clears once I move my mouse over it. No clicking needed, touching it with the mouse curser is enough.
A small bug but one that gets annoying if you run the game lots of times before rebooting or clearing manually.

Specs:
Windows 7 64bit
Nvidia gForce GTX 980 Ti.
Running non-Steam version of ESO.

Below Screenshot shows what I mean.

edexpeca03xb.jpg
  • RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    After I finish playing ESO, the launcher icon does not clear from list of programs running. It clears once I move my mouse over it. No clicking needed, touching it with the mouse curser is enough.
    A small bug but one that gets annoying if you run the game lots of times before rebooting or clearing manually.

Specs:
    Windows 7 64bit
    Nvidia gForce GTX 980 Ti.
    Running non-Steam version of ESO.

Below Screenshot shows what I mean.

edexpeca03xb.jpg

Have been that way for years on my system, as long it will get removed when hover you cursor at that area I wouldn't bother with it. This only happens when I use launcher which is only needed during patching.

Windows 10 pro with latest updates and GTX 970. I suspect it is more related to windows more then ESO.

//RexyCat
  • roguedkb16_ESO
    RexyCat wrote: »

Have been that way for years on my system, as long it will get removed when hover you cursor at that area I wouldn't bother with it. This only happens when I use launcher which is only needed during patching.

Windows 10 pro with latest updates and GTX 970. I suspect it is more related to windows more then ESO.

//RexyCat

Windows or not it should be reported here as Microsoft would rightly say it's a problem with ESO launcher since no other launcher on my pc has this issue. So Zenimax and Microsoft would keep playing ping-pong and bug, minor as it is, would never get fixed.
    I always run the game via the launcher. Thats the shortcut created by default to run the game and its useful to use it every time so you always get latest update as soon as its available.

That said, thank you for your feedback. I was actually wondering if it was a Windows 7 specific problem. Guess it's not.