Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are there incoming racial passive changes?

Mariusghost84
Mariusghost84
✭✭✭✭✭
Is the current state of racial passives something thats concidered to stick for a while, or are we in for any changes soon?
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Devs have not mentioned anything related to racial changes in a while, and state that they're focused on other things at least for Update 24 (Dragonhold). Their ongoing skill and passive audit started with races back in Wrathstone, and they haven't been touched since

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/492415/update-24-combat-preview

Is there a reason you ask?
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Devs have not mentioned anything related to racial changes in a while, and state that they're focused on other things at least for Update 24 (Dragonhold). Their ongoing skill and passive audit started with races back in Wrathstone, and they haven't been touched since

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/492415/update-24-combat-preview

which is a shame given that they got the nord and orc passives backwards
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty sure they said they were not interested in looking at racial passives at this time when they replied earlier this year. Once all they have completed this pass they will look at the overall performance and make tweaks so until then it makes no sense to tweak and retweak the same stuff.
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    notyuu wrote: »

In what way?
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • Harrdarrzarr
    Harrdarrzarr
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS touching racial passives again is a minefield for them. A lot of people would have payed for racial changes when Wrathstone went live to all change to orcs for example, so imagine the rage if all those orcs are no longer bis.
    Edited by Harrdarrzarr on September 11, 2019 9:49AM
  • Mariusghost84
    Mariusghost84
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks man. I am planning the direction of my characters and was wondering if the racials were about to change, as i want race and the passives to compliment my build :)
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. It's safe to switch to Orc. I don't expect another re-balance for at least a year.
  • Vhozek
    Vhozek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reminder that Altmer still restore stamina if they're a magicka build instead of Bretons being able to do that since they're half human half elf.
    𝗡𝗼𝘁 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆, 𝗺𝗼𝗱𝘀. 𝗙𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗕𝗶𝗿𝗱 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴.
  • eso_lytw8
    eso_lytw8
    ✭✭✭
    In the Combat Q&A posted on August 24th the following question indicates they do plan to make changes to stamina racials. It is assumed this will be a nerf to Orc.

"Racial balance for Stamina classes could use some improving. Do you plan on addressing this?
    Yes, this is planned for a future update."

How soon is anyone's guess, but given its planned so I would assume sooner rather than later. I would not expect huge changes, just some minor adjustments which should be easy to do.
    < Xbox NA PVE >
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As eso_lytw8 said, they are planning on tweaking the stamina races again a bit.
    Personally I'm not getting my hopes up and expect things to be worse afterwards and still have no stealth on my Bosmer.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm thinking Nords will get a Max Magicka and stealth passive, while Imperials will get increased swim speed.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eso_lytw8 wrote: »
    In the Combat Q&A posted on August 24th the following question indicates they do plan to make changes to stamina racials. It is assumed this will be a nerf to Orc.

"Racial balance for Stamina classes could use some improving. Do you plan on addressing this?
    Yes, this is planned for a future update."

How soon is anyone's guess, but given its planned so I would assume sooner rather than later. I would not expect huge changes, just some minor adjustments which should be easy to do.

I imagine we'll get a touch-up after they've finished balancing all the classes (this is what they should have done from the start). But I don't think they will be done with that until next year (maybe Q1 or Q2).
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on September 11, 2019 12:14PM
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS touching racial passives again is a minefield for them. A lot of people would have payed for racial changes when Wrathstone went live to all change to orcs for example, so imagine the rage if all those orcs are no longer bis.

Exactly this. And personally I feel the racial passives are in good shape at the moment.
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just give my argonian the damn extra 6% since the set bonus doubled !!.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I want is my Breton to get max stamina racial passive if not please add the birthstone idea.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    essi2 wrote: »
    notyuu wrote: »

In what way?

Going from previous ES games;

Orcs had starting bonuses to heavy armor and the block (I.e. sword and board) ability. That’s why they are good at blacksmithing, they wear what they make. But in eso they are turned into a medium armor dps race.

Nords, meanwhile, should favor 2-handed “warror” builds like they have in previous ES games. But in eso they are turned into tanks.

So the racials are backwards.
    Edited by BlueRaven on September 11, 2019 1:26PM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From update 23 Q&A thread
    Racial balance for Stamina classes could use some improving. Do you plan on addressing this?
    Yes, this is planned for a future update.

Source https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/490953/u23-combat-q-a/p1
    Edited by Juhasow on September 11, 2019 9:57PM
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »
    I'm thinking Nords will get a Max Magicka and stealth passive, while Imperials will get increased swim speed.

Maybe they’ll do something absolutely bananas crazy and give Bosmer stealth.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Drako_Ei
    Drako_Ei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone is pretending orc is balanced lol, i cant wait to see those orc tears.
    Edited by Drako_Ei on September 11, 2019 10:14PM
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »

Orcs will be turned into pretty little pixies with butterfly wings.

It's not like ZOS gives a rat's patootie about Lore or anything that has been established in any previous game, or the past few years of this game.
    Edited by Cundu_Ertur on September 12, 2019 12:19AM
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, no, they're very happy with the way they pooped all over Bosmer this last time, for one. I'm sure they are happy with all their poops.