Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Will the new LFG tool contain (normal) Trials or Arenas?

fetito666
fetito666
✭✭✭

I've seen that the actual LFG tool shows that a dungeon is a 4 player activity. Thus, I guess they add trials or Arena (probably on normal difficulty) showing 12+ player activity.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fetito666 wrote: »

I've seen that the actual LFG tool shows that a dungeon is a 4 player activity. Thus, I guess they add trials or Arena (probably on normal difficulty) showing 12+ player activity.

Would be nice but might be tougher to do than some realize. Some trials you need two tanks some you do not. Same with healers. Without adding options I would assume every group would have two tanks two heals. When only one is needed what criteria is used to decide which tank gets to actually tank?

I can see the possibility of egos in pug groups demanding the be the main healer or tank and throwing a wrench in the entire run. Part of running with a pug I suppose just like getting a fake tank now but something to consider.

Still hope it is something we get. Sometimes running with a complete disaster can be a fun change of pace.

and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It'd be hilarious with so many people willing to fake tank or fake heals right now. Imagine if they did that for trials.

SWTOR has group finder for their "trials" (operations) but no one ever uses it even though groups trying to form on fleet will generally take anyone who asks if it's Story mode difficulty. They have "proper" role checks there since tanks and healers are only in specific subclasses. So it's interesting people DON'T use it except to fill kicks and drops from the group mid-run. Even then the queue is generally empty so it's like 99% chance if they ask a friend to queue for the spot, that specific person will get picked for their group.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on September 10, 2019 11:23PM
  • fetito666
    fetito666
    ✭✭✭
    Well, in other MMOs it works somehow, probably ZOS will be able to implement it too. I am optimistic!
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thought they said it was just a back end change
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »

Would be nice but might be tougher to do than some realize. Some trials you need two tanks some you do not. Same with healers. Without adding options I would assume every group would have two tanks two heals. When only one is needed what criteria is used to decide which tank gets to actually tank?

I can see the possibility of egos in pug groups demanding the be the main healer or tank and throwing a wrench in the entire run. Part of running with a pug I suppose just like getting a fake tank now but something to consider.

Still hope it is something we get. Sometimes running with a complete disaster can be a fun change of pace.

The question of how many tanks would be set by the Trial itself. Have no random bonus for doing trials, and no option for random. You have to select the trial you want. If MOL/HOF is selected then 2 tanks will be required before the ready check kicks off. The game will assign the highest CP tank the crown and role of lead tank.

The only issue I can see would be HRC, where the game forces a split. That would probably require all players to be notified which 'group' they are assigned at the beginning and after the first boss the doorway they are meant to go to starts glowing or something to notify any noob as to where they are to go. 1 Healer, 5 DPS go upstairs and 1 Healer, 1 Tank, 4 DPS go downstairs. Each group is physically blocked from entering another groups path with an invisi wall.

The door upstairs does not open until all 6 of group 1 has entered the downstairs and the gate has shut. When all 6 of group 2 has entered the door upstairs the gate will shut.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is the kind of added complications I was talking about. We both know just because the game says one tank is main that doesn't mean the off tank will comply. Plus the highest CP might not be the best tank but I can't think of any other way for the game to decide tank and off tank.

I want this to happen. I also know it isn't as simple to put into game as some might think.
  • Calm_Fury
    Calm_Fury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They already said that the UI and features will be exactly the same as the current one. Only changes are on the back end code.

But there is always hope that the new code can give a better foundation for a normal trial group finder in the future. Just won't be on the next update.
  • fetito666
    fetito666
    ✭✭✭
    Well, maybe after these backend changes... Trials as daily Pledges would be cool.

Morover, more players would learn the mechanics.

I'd even suggest ingame menus that quickly explain what your role should do. Other MMOs have this functionality. That way through the LFG tool in a pug the players could learn the mechanics and get better in group content.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »

Assuming they only do Normal two tanks is fine for all content. Honestly two tanks is fine in VHRC and VAA. Its not like you require 9 DPS, and off tank can simply just slot a crushing shock upstairs and impair for upstairs team as tank. That's usually what I tend to do.

Role Que:
    Main Tank
    Off tank

There you go.

I doubt they will implement this though, would rather as suggested a Trial pledge added to force variety for some people to do raids that see little activity, and a Group Board be added with Advertisements and easy click to send tell to group etc.
    Edited by karekiz on September 11, 2019 12:00AM
  • fetito666
    fetito666
    ✭✭✭
    FIrst of all, the sever capacity needs to be improved, then they could add all those features! Glorious times lie ahead of us, heroes!
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind a trial pledge but I don't know how well it would work without some form of trial group finder.

What I would like to see is another option/tab on our chat menu that is basically a looking for trial group chat. You would be able to see it no matter what zone you are in if you enable the option to see looking for trials chat. This would allow us to do whatever else we want in the game while looking for or waiting on a trial group. Gets old hanging out in Craglorn trying to get into a trial. I would do more trials if I could be running around getting lore books or skyshards in the other zones while waiting.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    More option is always welcome .
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    At the very least they could open a text chat channel for people looking for trials that could be used everywhere. As a couple people said, hanging out in Craglorn gets old.
  • Runkorko
    Runkorko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, in other MMOs it works somehow, probably ZOS will be able to implement it too. I am optimistic!

In other MMOS raid finder difuculty is equal to serious Sam tourist mode.
    Wont work in EsO
  • fetito666
    fetito666
    ✭✭✭

Wont work in EsO

Well, the game could differentiate between LFT and normal trials so that both versions do not get the same reward, but at least people can learn mechanics. Probably there could be a 5% buff after each wipe on LFT.

This would lead to more experienced players for normal trials.
  • Gahmerdohn
    Gahmerdohn
    ✭✭✭
    oh god...not in ESO too :(

this kind of ideas only look good on paper, there's already plenty of example of why it doesn't work and have destroyed so many other games...

Just type "why LFR is bad?" on youtube to understand why. I give you an example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYW0EXnjfVY

there's many more, plz listen to it before going forward with this idea if you really care about this game.
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Zos puts it in, people will fake queue in healer and tank roles, not to mention the dps who'll just heavy attack everything, and then people will cry to Zos about how the system sucks and blame them even though the problem itself is caused by the community
    Edited by Tsar_Gekkou on September 11, 2019 5:35AM
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Wont work in EsO

Well, the game could differentiate between LFT and normal trials so that both versions do not get the same reward, but at least people can learn mechanics. Probably there could be a 5% buff after each wipe on LFT.

This would lead to more experienced players for normal trials.

Normal mode trials are already mind-numbing easy. People wont learn mechanics in a easier mode, they'll get lazier and carry that over normal.
  • Gahmerdohn
    Gahmerdohn
    ✭✭✭
    Facefister wrote: »
    Normal mode trials are already mind-numbing easy. People won't learn mechanics in an easier mode, they'll get lazier and carry that over normal.

And this is not only true for this subject in particular but also for the whole game.

Here is how it happens:

Basically, from LV 1 to 50/ cp160/cp300 you have just experienced one single level of difficulty. witch is the LV 1 difficulty then you try for the first time a Trial, Arena, DLC donjon and you hit that impossible wall screaming "Oh my god this is Toooo difficult."

The reality is that it's not difficult at all you are just not ready for it. Why? Because you have just played tutorial difficulty from the start till now! And now you ask the game to adapt to your level of gameplay...

And that's not the fault of the players but the fault of the level design of the game that does not prepare you at all for what is coming.

Exactly for the same reason, some experienced players reject playing with new players cause they show up in veteran DLC donjon spamming light attack for the whole donjon...

IF the game had an Organic way to train players slowly during the leveling process (which is the main goal of having a leveling process to start with) by increasing the difficulty little by little in the way that they learn how to play the game, which by the way is quite casual game in terms of difficulty even in the "hard content", we would not have to talk about nerfing anything or making a less than normal mode.

Less experienced players would not have this bad experience of hitting impossible walls and more experienced player will not have the bad experience "of dealing with noobs" in groups.

It'd be less frustration for everybody, meanwhile, the game is in that state and that's all we have. So we can organize ourselves individually to help new players to learn the game when they show the willingness to learn and don't mind to put the effort into it. (which I repeat is a really easy game...)