Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bomb Builds

iamkeebler
iamkeebler
✭✭✭✭
So the more I pvp, the more curious I’m getting on these bomb builds I keep seeing in action. I’m wondering what classes do people make bomb builds with? What skills are they using and what sets? Also curious if anyone has a link to any up to date bomb builds people have shared? I want to understand that play style better so I figured I’d ask here.
  • nekura
    nekura
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblade is always going to be the best bomber bc of ‘shadowy disguise’ and passives. The one thing no one can teach you is patience.

You need to learn how to play a stealther first, learn positioning and timing. Even the ones that are good at it will fail often.

Vicious Death / Spinners w/ Balorgh or Grothdarr is common. Infused & spell damage. All points into mag. All divines/infused armor. Max mag green/blue food.

Any DPS class will one or two shot you, so be ready for frustration to be able to do it.
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iamkeebler wrote: »
    So the more I pvp, the more curious I’m getting on these bomb builds I keep seeing in action. I’m wondering what classes do people make bomb builds with? What skills are they using and what sets? Also curious if anyone has a link to any up to date bomb builds people have shared? I want to understand that play style better so I figured I’d ask here.

The best are magblades. Second would be a stamnecro using goliath's bash. Some time ago I saw magosrc using Power Overload to clean up zergs.
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mnb,
    Stamcro
    Magcro
  • nekura
    nekura
    ✭✭✭

The best are magblades. Second would be a stamnecro using goliath's bash. Some time ago I saw magosrc using Power Overload to clean up zergs.

Both of those have been nerfed, though.

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usually it's something along the lines of targeting a low health player in the group with Vicious Death set + Proxy Detonation + Ultimate. You burst down your target and spread a Vicious Death chain through the rest of the group. There's more to it than that to be a good bomber, but that's the basics.

Nightblades tend to be the usual go-to class due to their superior stealth allowing them to get close, but I've seen a couple Necro bombs.
  • Wyrd88
    Wyrd88
    ✭✭✭✭
    A few patches ago it was possible with a DK through Proxy Det/Leap, (someone even uploaded a video of this), but that was before Empower changes, so I'm not sure if it's viable atm.
    Edited by Wyrd88 on September 9, 2019 8:05PM
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wyrd88 wrote: »
    A few patches ago it was possible with a DK through Proxy Det/Leap, (someone even upload a video of this), but that was before Empower changes, so I'm not sure if it's viable atm.

Haven’t seen one used in awhile but I imagine it’s still doable with the AOE mDK
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templars can even be viable with topple into cresent, seen that before, granted it was also a few patches ago
  • LoreToo
    LoreToo
    ✭✭✭
    Templars can bomb. This sounds wierd, but i saw some vids few patches ago, and it was good
  • Pijng
    Pijng
    ✭✭✭
    Magsorc can bomb as well, thx for blobs' last video B)
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usually it's something along the lines of targeting a low health player in the group with Vicious Death set + Proxy Detonation + Ultimate. You burst down your target and spread a Vicious Death chain through the rest of the group.
    Correct me if I'm wrong - but if the group size is large enough, wouldn't it be sufficient to use just Proxy, since its cap has been removed a couple weeks ago?

BTW, by "large enough", I mean "PC-EU Kaal DC faction stack" large, or thereabouts. :)
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Major_Lag wrote: »
    Usually it's something along the lines of targeting a low health player in the group with Vicious Death set + Proxy Detonation + Ultimate. You burst down your target and spread a Vicious Death chain through the rest of the group.
    Correct me if I'm wrong - but if the group size is large enough, wouldn't it be sufficient to use just Proxy, since its cap has been removed a couple weeks ago?

BTW, by "large enough", I mean "PC-EU Kaal DC faction stack" large, or thereabouts. :)

There still is a cap on damage scaling. I tested with literally 600 skeletons for the lols on PTS and I can tell you that the damage to each skeleton capped. Still hit all 600 targets which the game handled surprisingly well.
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Clever Alchemist + Vicious Death
    Proxy Det + Soul Tether

That used to be a super powerful combo for blowing up groups.

But now, you can change up soul tether for Onslaught dispite it being a ultimate stamina class usually use.
    Then you can run Balorgh Monster Set which will give you 300 spell power after you use onslaught.

Onslaught the tank of a group and drink potion. Spam Sap essence AOE ability then proxy det goes off while you are buffed with a huge amount of spell power and penetration. Kill just 1 player and they will AOE blow up for 20k Flame damage.

• Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crazy idea?

Phoenix + VD on NB

same as regular Bomber but this one also uses equilibrium to get its life at 25 %

It is just about syncronizing proxy + tether + phoenix explosion (through equilibrium). With a good timing you will get after the explosion a very nice shield too
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Crazy idea?

Phoenix + VD on NB

same as regular Bomber but this one also uses equilibrium to get its life at 25 %

It is just about syncronizing proxy + tether + phoenix explosion (through equilibrium). With a good timing you will get after the explosion a very nice shield too

Proxy>equilibrium Phoenix proc>tether... lol it would be the ultimate living on the edge build ever.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Insco851 wrote: »
    Crazy idea?

Phoenix + VD on NB

Proxy>equilibrium Phoenix proc>tether... lol it would be the ultimate living on the edge build ever.

It seems a good challenge to make it work. By the way Soul Shatter (soul magic passive) also could help in that set up.

Another idea (for magplar): Inevitable deto + purifying light + Soul shatter
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • iamkeebler
    iamkeebler
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love all the suggestions and varieties I’m seeing with these bomb suggestions. Thank you everyone.
  • Sav
    Sav
    I've seen people bomb on Templar's, Sorcs, and Nightblades, but the most interesting one I've seen was a MagNecro bombing using the Colossus ult, Avid Boneyard, Shock Pulsar, and triple harmony traits on the Jewelry.
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    darkblue5 wrote: »
    There still is a cap on damage scaling. I tested with literally 600 skeletons for the lols on PTS and I can tell you that the damage to each skeleton capped.
    Intrigued by this observation, I've done some testing on the PTS myself.

Proximity Detonation still continues to scale up all the way to at least 45+ targets hit. :D

I haven't continued testing beyond that amount, because it's just plain ludicrous.
    A full raid + flag guards is 28 targets, and that's assuming all of them are stacked tightly enough to get caught up in the blast radius.

So for all practical intents and purposes, there is no cap on the damage scaling of Prox Deto. :)
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nekura wrote: »

Both of those have been nerfed, though.

Depends. Your magicka pool will determine output. Prox Det is doing very well with some magblades.
    Edited by EmEm_Oh on September 14, 2019 10:45AM
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crazy idea?

Phoenix + VD on NB

Does Phoenix works on equilibrium? I tried using Eternal Yokeda on PTS and it was not procing on self-inflicted damage.. I remember somebody created "a bug" thread on the matter, but I guess ZOS specially prevents proccing of sets with self-damage, like Bloodspawn for example doesn't proc from malevolent offering and so on... though may proc from health drain pot which is exception from self-inflicted damage rules.. but that seems like too much of sacrifice .
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Out of curiosity, just tested this on PTS. :)
    Does Phoenix works on equilibrium?
    Nope.

Equilibrium does not count as "taking damage", according to combat text.
    Instead, it appears that it internally uses the same logic as any other resource-consuming abilities (those that normally consume magicka or stamina).
    though may proc from health drain pot which is exception from self-inflicted damage rules..
    It does.

To be more specific: as long as you are under 25% HP, any damage tick from the gradual ravage health pot will proc Phoenix.
    So the proc condition should have really been worded as:
    "When you drop below 25% health due to damage taken, (...)"

In practice, you would have to use a lvl 3 potion, so that you are taking the smallest possible amount of damage from it.

BTW, I also tested with Malevolent Offering, and that also does not proc Phoenix.

EDIT:
    Although I have not actually tested this, I'm quite positive that the regular (not Gradual!) Ravage Health potion will also proc Phoenix.
    Again, you would want the lvl 3 version - or maybe not, since you can fine-tune the damage taken by selecting potion level, so that you hit just under 25% that way.
    Edited by Major_Lag on September 15, 2019 3:13PM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would any of this work in BGs?
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would any of this work in BGs?

Nope
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i've come across some horrendous bombers in Cyro lol most of us are wise to them and can defend against them (they die very easily) but then you get the odd couple that really do pose a threat and have taken out my entire group
    so whilst they can be a very effective tool in group play they are very hard to get right and defo not for solo PvP as for BG's there is to much AoE to be able to get close enough to be effective
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, this is how you can easily tell a group in Cyro is really bad - when stacking on flag, they:
    • stand in one tight blob (trying to hide behind the flagpole? :D)
    • don't block, shield, nor even meditate,
    • don't drop any AoE DoTs,
    • don't keep up buffs,
    • get easily blown up by even quite bad bombers. :D
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bombing can work with almost any class these days. Being successful is mostly about patience.

Most successful bombs are always against people repairing the doors to keeps or waiting for a keep to flip by a transitus stone. The key is to find people who aren’t buffed.

My group had one bomber who hit people repairing the door, then when people came to Rez them another bomber came in and hit the newly rezzed. I was left thinking it was evil, but also wanting to congratulate them for timing it so well.
    Edited by Iskiab on September 21, 2019 2:58AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Door repair bombers amuse me greatly - even a successful bombing will only delay the door repair by several seconds at most :D

Today I went to Cyro to grind for geodes, our group got door bombed twice by the same tryhard. He also tried to bomb us on a resource flag, but failed miserably :D

Those door bombings are really inconvenient... that cost me about 5 seconds that it takes to respawn a few steps away and run back to the door :D
  • Synozeer
    Synozeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Major_Lag wrote: »
    Door repair bombers amuse me greatly - even a successful bombing will only delay the door repair by several seconds at most :D

Today I went to Cyro to grind for geodes, our group got door bombed twice by the same tryhard. He also tried to bomb us on a resource flag, but failed miserably :D

Those door bombings are really inconvenient... that cost me about 5 seconds that it takes to respawn a few steps away and run back to the door :D

Bombers don't necessarily care about stopping your repairs, they just want to tally up as many kills as possible, get AP, and potentially get a good video clip, so mission accomplished. ;)
    Watch my PvP Videos on YouTube

Azoi - Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - 1st DC NA Grand Overlord
    Hzarn - Templar - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - Grand Overlord
    ...and many more.
  • AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is exactly right synozeer.