Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Routes to get out of Imperial City quickly while carrying Tel Var?

ArchangelIsraphel
ArchangelIsraphel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I've been dabbling in IC, but I am curious if there are some quick, expedient routes to getting back down to ones home base from the upper city without loosing your Tel Var stones. Basically looking for the shortest path. I'm not very familiar with the map though I am trying to learn, and am on the DC side. (though knowledge as to how to get back down for other factions is also welcome)
Legends never die
They're written down in eternity
But you'll never see the price it costs
The scars collected all their lives
When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
Legends never die
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use a Sigil of Imperial Retreat

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2220+
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sigil of Imperial Retreat

The fastest for sure.
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sigil of Imperial Retreat

The fastest for sure.
    That passed me by somehow- thank you, didn't know this existed!
    Legends never die
    Legends never die
  • Vermethys
    Vermethys
    ✭✭✭✭
    Queue for Cyrodiil from IC, and then queue for IC ;)
    PC EU CP1400+
    In-game Username: Vermilion98

Characters & Builds
    Edith Geonette [DC Imperial Sorcerer] (AR28)
    Gorgo Aendovius [AD Imperial Dragonknight] (AR28)

My Builds:
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aside from the Sigil of Imperial Retreat, as DC your shortest route is from Elven Garden into the sewers, which is just right outside of DC's base. Your second best bet is Nobles, which is just a bit further out, but aside from that, it's a slog to get out with your loot. That's what's so fun about it, though.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been dabbling in IC, but I am curious if there are some quick, expedient routes to getting back down to ones home base from the upper city without loosing your Tel Var stones. Basically looking for the shortest path. I'm not very familiar with the map though I am trying to learn, and am on the DC side. (though knowledge as to how to get back down for other factions is also welcome)

Why do I feel like this was supposed to be bait. 🤔🤔
    Edited by Nyladreas on September 9, 2019 6:21PM
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »

Why do I feel like this was supposed to be bait. 🤔🤔

Bait for what? I'm asking an honest question, I actually didn't know, and want to learn o_o If you think its bait because I asked about other factions, I only asked because I play those factions as well, and might end up going down there to get achievements.
    Edited by ArchangelIsraphel on September 9, 2019 6:27PM
    Legends never die
    Legends never die
  • zDan
    zDan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Switch campaign or go to chapter dlcs and accept the clockwork city quest (assuming you havent already) that will summon a portal to mournhold anywhere
    zDan - Xbox EU/NA

I specialize in solo PvP on every class in the game,
    be sure to check out my YouTube for several 1vX and build videos!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXkrJ3K68GHLn2-HgHjITsA
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

zDan wrote: »
    Switch campaign or go to chapter dlcs and accept the clockwork city quest (assuming you havent already) that will summon a portal to mournhold anywhere

Is switching campaigns okay to do, though? I'm reluctant when it comes to this one, because the method concerns me. Even though I can see that its technically possible and nothing keeps you from doing so because its just the way the UI works, I'm worried about that method
    Legends never die
    Legends never die
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vermethys wrote: »
    Queue for Cyrodiil from IC, and then queue for IC ;)
    This.

Even better - unlike the Sigil, this cannot be interrupted by combat! And it's 100% free, too. :)
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is switching campaigns okay to do, though? I'm reluctant when it comes to this one, because the method concerns me. Even though I can see that its technically possible and nothing keeps you from doing so because its just the way the UI works, I'm worried about that method

It's shady, but people do it all the time.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's shady, but people do it all the time.

Been doing it for years.
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been doing it for years.
    Same, but now it's a lot more convenient, since you no longer need to do the whole horse simulator thing.

That was quite a major PITA back then, especially when Chalman was owned by DC (I'm on EP), or when it was cut off.
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Okay thank you for answering my concerns and questions guys :)
    Legends never die
    Legends never die
  • TopKicks
    TopKicks
    Enter White Gold Tower...
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely agree with queueing. Never pay for anything you can get/do for free!
    Edited by SeaGtGruff on September 10, 2019 6:04AM
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigil for sure.
    Pick the sewer entrances cops to your home alliance base (think that's even and nobles for DC from memory).

I wouldn't be surprised if the 'queue for something) was shut down at some point, as people uses to port to keeps and they killed that off as unintended.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would "/stuck" chat command work ?
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigil
    Campaign change
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /stuck might work. Only had to use it once in Cyrodiil, when I actually was stuck, and it took me to my alliance's base in Cyrodiil-- which sucked at the time, because I'd been clean on the other side of Cyrodiil and had to go all the way back to try to do whatever I'd gone over there to do.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would "/stuck" chat command work ?

It takes half of your Tel Vars now just like you would die.

Sigil is my number 1 during event because of long queues to get back into IC. Usually just switch to Cyro campaign.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • SathuDuwa
    SathuDuwa
    ✭✭✭
    Nice one, these unapproved methods other than the "Sigil of Imperial Retreat" are going to be disabled soon(tm)
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SathuDuwa wrote: »
    Nice one, these unapproved methods other than the "Sigil of Imperial Retreat" are going to be disabled soon(tm)

So? It would be disabled one or the other way. It's not like sigils are extremely expensive, and if you don't want to use them use the legit way through sewers, maybe it will bring some life into this part of IC outside of event ;)
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, and while we're at it let's disable free wayshrine usage so the only way to fast travel is by paying an ever-increasing amount of gold, or disable porting to our houses for free as a way to travel to other zones, etc. And ZOS can sell one-use sigils in the Crown Store to let us queue for dungeons, etc.

NO THANKS!
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, I was looking at the Sigil at the Tel Var merchant this morning, and I don't think the ability to take the L train out of IC or Cyrodiil is in danger of being removed so people will be forced to buy the Sigil-- at least, I hope it isn't. The Sigil takes you back to base without having to switch campaigns, which is a huge convenience over having to switch campaigns twice-- once to get out of wherever you are in IC or Cyrodiil and go back to base in a different campaign, and again to get back to the campaign where you started from, which is presumably the one you wanted to be in.

It's like when people plead with ZOS to give them wayshrines they can place in their houses, even though it's already super easy to just port to the room in Vulkhel Guard, walk out two doors that are two steps apart, and use the wayshrine that's two steps from the inn. As long as there are load screens, some people will be willing to pay for the convenience of a method that will have only one load screen as opposed to two or more load screens.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    It's like when people plead with ZOS to give them wayshrines they can place in their houses, even though it's already super easy to just port to the room in Vulkhel Guard, walk out two doors that are two steps apart, and use the wayshrine that's two steps from the inn.

Unless you have a bounty on you. There are not many houses where you can go to a wayshrine easily without risking a guard. Snow Globe Home and Silent Magnifico are the only two that come to mind. Sleek Creek and Coldharbour can do it too but it's a much longer walk to an un-Guarded wayshrine.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on September 11, 2019 10:52PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    It's like when people plead with ZOS to give them wayshrines they can place in their houses, even though it's already super easy to just port to the room in Vulkhel Guard, walk out two doors that are two steps apart, and use the wayshrine that's two steps from the inn.

Unless you have a bounty on you. There are not many houses where you can go to a wayshrine easily without risking a guard. Snow Globe Home and Silent Magnifico are the only two that come to mind. Sleek Creek can do it too but it's a much longer walk to an un-Guarded wayshrine.

The Coldharbor house as well, since Coldharbor has no justice system. Its an expensive one though.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Psijic Manor or Villa on Artaeum. No guards on Artaeum.

But really, it's easy to avoid most guards as long as you know their habits. For instance, it's impossible to go out the door of the Rosy Lion Inn without the guard at the bottom of the stairs being there-- but even so, if you're in sneak mode and are hugging the wall near the door, you can get out without him seeing you. Then you just have to wait on the steps outside to see where the guard outside is. I have no trouble sneaking from my Rosy Lion Inn room to either the back entrance to the Daggerfall Bank, or down to the docks and into the Outlaws Refuge, without getting caught. I can even check the crafting job boards, do my daily writs, turn them in, and visit the bank afterward while I've got bounty. You just need to be a bit careful. :)
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭

Helpful...also thanks for your builds. Wish I could play them magblade as well as you do, lol.
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    Unless you have a bounty on you. There are not many houses where you can go to a wayshrine easily without risking a guard. Snow Globe Home and Silent Magnifico are the only two that come to mind. Sleek Creek and Coldharbour can do it too but it's a much longer walk to an un-Guarded wayshrine.
    Mournoth Keep is another good one - no guards anywhere nearby, since it's out in the middle of nowhere. Wayshrine is right next to the door, too.

Edit: although when I need to do that, I find it FAR more convenient to just port to an empty Cyro campaign and use the wayshrine there. Only 2 loadscreens to go anywhere in Tamriel, and don't need to own any houses for that to work.
    The Sigil takes you back to base without having to switch campaigns, which is a huge convenience over having to switch campaigns twice-- once to get out of wherever you are in IC or Cyrodiil and go back to base in a different campaign, and again to get back to the campaign where you started from, which is presumably the one you wanted to be in.
    Right, but the Sigil still ain't free. And I can do other IRL things during the loadscreens.

I'd much rather go through 2 or 3 loadscreens, than waste even more time by going back through IC sewers and getting ganked in the process, losing even more farming time. Thanks, but no thanks.
    Edited by Major_Lag on September 12, 2019 2:43AM