Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Routes to get out of Imperial City quickly while carrying Tel Var?

• ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigil of Imperial Retreat

The fastest for sure.
    That passed me by somehow- thank you, didn't know this existed!

It used to be to just memorize which sewer entrance grate in the districts led to the ladder closest to your sewer base, and just sprint home from there hoping you weren't ganked.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Major_Lag wrote: »
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    The Sigil takes you back to base without having to switch campaigns, which is a huge convenience over having to switch campaigns twice-- once to get out of wherever you are in IC or Cyrodiil and go back to base in a different campaign, and again to get back to the campaign where you started from, which is presumably the one you wanted to be in.
    Right, but the Sigil still ain't free. And I can do other IRL things during the loadscreens.

I'd much rather go through 2 or 3 loadscreens, than waste even more time by going back through IC sewers and getting ganked in the process, losing even more farming time. Thanks, but no thanks.

If you read my earlier posts in the thread, you'll see that I prefer to queue campaigns as well-- or take the L train as I've taken to calling it-- and that I recommended never paying for anything that you can get for free.

My comment about the convenience of using the Sigil-- which I'll never, ever purchase, on principal alone-- was in response to the comment that ZOS will probably decide to disable the ability to queue to another campaign if you're already in Cyrodiil or the Imperial City, in order to force people to purchase the Sigil if they want a quick and easy egress.

Basically, I started out by sarcastically saying that they should also force us to pay for using way shrines instead of being able to use them for free, or sell us sigils that let us port back home instead of letting us port back home for free-- no thank you, very much!

Later, I pointed out that since the Sigil takes you to your alliance's base within the same campaign, that made it a lot more convenient to some people than taking the L train, due to the fact that some people are always griping about load screens-- or queue times, for that matter-- and they'd be willing to pay for the added convenience of being able to return to base within the campaign they'd chosen to play in, rather than having to queue for some other campaign for quick egress, then queue again to get back to their original chosen campaign. For that reason, I don't think we have to worry about ZOS putting a stop to the L train so people will have to purchase the Sigil.

I myself would never pay for that convenience, but some would, and do. And if the free shortcut options ever get taken away, I'll just go back to doing it the long way for free rather than paying for the convenience of a shortcut.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zDan wrote: »
    Switch campaign or go to chapter dlcs and accept the clockwork city quest (assuming you havent already) that will summon a portal to mournhold anywhere

UjzsiNZ.gif

• EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zDan wrote: »
    Switch campaign or go to chapter dlcs and accept the clockwork city quest (assuming you havent already) that will summon a portal to mournhold anywhere

Much quicker to use retreat rune. :)
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Major_Lag wrote: »
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    Unless you have a bounty on you. There are not many houses where you can go to a wayshrine easily without risking a guard. Snow Globe Home and Silent Magnifico are the only two that come to mind. Sleek Creek and Coldharbour can do it too but it's a much longer walk to an un-Guarded wayshrine.
    Mournoth Keep is another good one - no guards anywhere nearby, since it's out in the middle of nowhere. Wayshrine is right next to the door, too.

Edit: although when I need to do that, I find it FAR more convenient to just port to an empty Cyro campaign and use the wayshrine there. Only 2 loadscreens to go anywhere in Tamriel, and don't need to own any houses for that to work.
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    The Sigil takes you back to base without having to switch campaigns, which is a huge convenience over having to switch campaigns twice-- once to get out of wherever you are in IC or Cyrodiil and go back to base in a different campaign, and again to get back to the campaign where you started from, which is presumably the one you wanted to be in.
    Right, but the Sigil still ain't free. And I can do other IRL things during the loadscreens.

I'd much rather go through 2 or 3 loadscreens, than waste even more time by going back through IC sewers and getting ganked in the process, losing even more farming time. Thanks, but no thanks.

People have been ganked waiting for queing in another zone, fwiw.

Free...comes with more risk.
  • gamerguy757
    gamerguy757
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Queue for random BG.
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang Exploiters the whole lot of ya!
    Just make your lemming runs back to base n die in an Ambush giving us all your hard earned TV’s like nature intended you to dooooo!!!!
    lemmings.gif
    lol
    Edited by xxthir13enxx on September 12, 2019 1:17PM
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EmEm_Oh wrote: »
    People have been ganked waiting for queing in another zone, fwiw.
    If you queue for empty campaign it's nearly instant.
    Takes at most a few seconds for the "queue" (of 0 length) to pop, and another maybe 10 seconds before the loadscreen kicks in.

At worst you are sitting out there for 15-20 seconds tops. While stealthed. Hell, pop an invis potion if you feel you REALLY need to hide.

When you use the sigil, you are stuck in the animation. If you interrupt it, the effect is cancelled.
    Porting to Cyrodiil is irrevocable, once you accept the prompt there is nothing that can prevent the port from happening.

I'm not even gonna bother comparing either of those options to hoofing it through the sewers, because that's a no-contest.