Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Immovable shoud be self-cleansable !

EnOeZ
EnOeZ
✭✭✭✭
It appears that reflective plate does not grant immunity to the snare of immovable, sadly destroying my build :'(
I think it should and does not see why it should not.
  • EnOeZ
    EnOeZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just an idea, for it not to be self-cleansable, grant it auto block for the 6 seconds durations of the snare. Such a strong self debuff in PVP should be compensated.

...Just an idea.

PS: did not try other ways to cleanse the slow.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They made the skill even more useless than it was.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • CynicK
    CynicK
    ✭✭✭
    The other armor skills do not provide a debuff I think that for classes that do not have a good way to get major ward and major resolve they should remove the snare I guess they should rework the skill somewhat, In pvp is some fights it may be ok but in pvp is useles what are you going to do with 65% speed reduction and with immovable you are really that, immovable and maybe you get a great reduction of damage while blocking and being static but stamina also runs out.
    I imagine myself using inammovable and moving at 10% speed in slowmotion this is clearly not usable in most scenarios.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EnOeZ wrote: »
    Just an idea, for it not to be self-cleansable, grant it auto block for the 6 seconds durations of the snare. Such a strong self debuff in PVP should be compensated.

...Just an idea.

Not sure if I understand this correctly, but isn't that exactly what shield ULT does? Why would a regular skill do that?

As for why you don't get snare immunity from an effect placed on yourself, do you get it from when you use a potion with a snare as a negative effect or ironblood set? If not, there's your answer.
  • EnOeZ
    EnOeZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »

...Just an idea.

Not sure if I understand this correctly, but isn't that exactly what shield ULT does? Why would a regular skill do that?

As for why you don't get snare immunity from an effect placed on yourself, do you get it from when you use a potion with a snare as a negative effect or ironblood set? If not, there's your answer.

Well, of course the ult does that but for free... and reflect everything or give S/B skills free cost for the duration. My proposal was autoblock without the "free" part of the ult... It could open many new builds which is good for diversity and complement effectively the new Power Slam in its current form.

My point is the uncleansable self cc overweights the benefits of the morphs (to me, mainly a PVPer). If it is by design and not a bug the skill needs probably more benefits.
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just make the block damage reduction portion of the effect a ground targeted buff, like the rune from Templars.

When you cast it, it puts some fancy circle on the ground, which is the smaller the more heavy armor you wear (to reproduce the current effect of being the slower the more heavy armor you wear). While you're in it, you gain the extra block mitigation, once you walk out of it, that effect is gone (like with the 50% extra resistance from the Templar rune).

This would still tie the block mitigation bonus to not moving, but it wouldn't be basically a suicide button.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All self inflicted debuffs are not purge-able (at least by self purges; never tried an allies')
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why use this skill ? :o
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All self inflicted debuffs are not purge-able (at least by self purges; never tried an allies')

Doesn't the Necro skill Expunge and Modify cleanse the Defile from the Render Flesh morphs? Does Expunge and Modify cleanse the snare from Immovable / Unstoppable Brute?

If it's not self-cleansable, this skill strictly exists for those wearing Ironblood and Lord Warden or Stonekeeper. Permablock squatting on a flag is about the only use I can think of for this idea in PvP.

Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pirate skeleton's minor defile was sooooooo balanced when purgeable, wasn't it? :')
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *** *** *** *** ***...***

just went in to IC to have some fun with a hybrid stamplar...been using immoveable since forever...

went to go fight and suddenly found myself being constantly rooted - wtf...

this *** sucks - does the other morph work better?
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, just went to visit stendarr...

so long unstoppable...I just don't get why anyone at zos would think to *** with that skill...

I've played lots and lots of different builds and only really found one where it was worthwhile to slot...pretty niche armor skill...

worse yet - you get *** even harder by the skill if you're all turtled up in heavy...

I seriously can't think of a dumber thing to do than to root yourself while in combat...

I'm gonna have to move this one up in my all time least favorite dev moves...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    could someone please link the patch note referencing this change, I'm having some trouble finding it...I'm curious to read the explanation for this change...

funny, of all the million and one changes, this may just irk me the most...
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should make one of the morphs for magicka. Heavy armor unlike light/medium is neutral type benefitting both specs, yet its ultimate ability completely useless for magicka wearers of heavy.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Changes to immovable were brutally bad. If they *really* need to add self root (which like.... What?????) they should make it lower cost (about 2/3), give it an expiry time, and ALSO a toggle while it is active, that does not require double slotting on both bars.

Then you could at least deactivate immovable.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • EnOeZ
    EnOeZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    ccfeeling wrote: »
    Why use this skill ? :o

I like to be un-CCable <3
    Priceless enjoyment to Dizzy Swing, Aspect of Terror, Fossilize spamers...

...you should try.
  • EnOeZ
    EnOeZ
    ✭✭✭✭

Did not know, first time I have to slot such a skill.
    So it's a design ? I would still advocate for cleanse-ability : having to slot a cleanse you would have not is already a great price to pay.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Did not know, first time I have to slot such a skill.
    So it's a design ? I would still advocate for cleanse-ability : having to slot a cleanse you would have not is already a great price to pay.

Some things in the game are not purgeable, some boss DoTs are not purgeable, and all most self debuff applied i am aware of.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This skill will be OP if not for that snare, at least in no-CP. Say whatever you want about how useless it is, but this skill negates enemy burst... and negates it again and again and again. 2700 each 6 seconds is way cheaper then 5400 each 6 seconds and in GCD's it's cheaper too. Of course you can't keep up it 100%, and still will be cc'd, but here 25% cost reduction is another nice bonus. Overall this skill greatly buffs your sustain and greatly *** offs your opponent who expected for his 3 GCD de-sync-whatever turn-evil/dizzy-combo to stunlock you. It makes you un-interruptable, so synergy with deep thoughts is obvious too. Total dark/core, fossilize, rune cage, stuns from cloak, lul they doesn't exist if you keep casting this.

Snare can't be purged, but it can be weakened by speed buffs, you still can move via roll-dodge and gap closer too. With 60% speed bonus I am moving with it like mildly snared. I never used it (unstoppable brute) before, but started couple weeks ago (tired of turn-evil/dizzy spam used by 90% of persons you met), this skill is hard-counter to any cc burst oriented build, which is 90% of builds, with it you die in 1v1 only by your own mistake. (or if opponent is of much higher skill level).

Snare is harsh but justified price for all the benefits this ability provides.