The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Game Screen Stuck As Blurry, Can't Do Anything?

kiksadi
kiksadi
✭✭
So I did the Moongrave Fane (normal) dungeon just fine and my daily writs. It wasn't until I went into Cyrodiil (7 day campaign) to use up a treasure map that my screen got stuck like this from interacting with a transitus shrine. Then it KEPT happening in Cyrodiil just from entering into any kind of menu, and also happened afterwards when I left and went into Vivec City. The only thing that I could find that would fix it was /reloadui but I've never had this bug before and it kept happening multiple times. I'm not sure if it's a Cyrodiil bug, new patch bug, or related to an add-on. Anyone else have experience with this bug? Took screen shots to show what it looked like. I could walk around or ride a horse but I couldn't interact with anything like NPCs and couldn't do stuff in the menu like look at the crown store, the store wouldn't even open.
63nkdwrhwkxd.png
8jmpqo4s5qqc.png
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @kiksadi

A glitched effect on your character may be causing the blurry screen and the inability to interact with NPCs. If you've not done so, you can open a ticket with customer support for assistance.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i had this happen with outdated addons, only in cyrodiil as well.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • kiksadi
    kiksadi
    ✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @kiksadi

A glitched effect on your character may be causing the blurry screen and the inability to interact with NPCs. If you've not done so, you can open a ticket with customer support for assistance.

I saw this happen on KingOfArkham's Twitch stream last night too. Apparently it has been happening since a certain patch in PVP zone. He didn't say which one. Something about it stripping your UI and having to turn off all the add-ons.
  • kiksadi
    kiksadi
    ✭✭
    Still happening to me today every time I look at my map, or the map via a transitus shrine or wayshrine.
  • votan73
    votan73
    ✭✭✭
    I know that this can happen, if a Lua error happens during the scene state change.

This can be a single addon or a bad combination.

Do you have an addon suppressing error messages?
    Edited by votan73 on October 30, 2019 12:37PM