Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Broken game LoL

LegacyDM
LegacyDM
✭✭✭✭✭
48698039437_9a1f577a21_b.jpg [edited title]
Edited by ZOS_JesC on September 8, 2019 6:35PM
Legacy of Kain
Vicious Carnage
¥ampire Lord of the South
  • Malkorga
    Malkorga
    ✭✭✭
    I have seen this happen this morning as well by 3 EP on the Daggerfall entrance.
  • iamkeebler
    iamkeebler
    ✭✭✭✭
    What’s broke? lol - all I see is a group of gankers earning their telvar and exploring all areas of the sewers *shrugs*
  • edges_endgame
    edges_endgame
    ✭✭✭✭
    AD respawn base?
    This gap closing bs still not fixed???
  • iamkeebler
    iamkeebler
    ✭✭✭✭
    AD respawn base?
    This gap closing bs still not fixed???

Exactly. It’s just a gap close skill they are using. Just knock them off.
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iamkeebler wrote: »
    What’s broke? lol - all I see is a group of gankers earning their telvar and exploring all areas of the sewers *shrugs*

Years ago, Zos disabled the use of gap closers in the rooms directly outside the bases. At the time, people were exploiting to get into the actual bases. Rather than fix the code they took the easy way and disabled gap closers. It was a bandaid fix to prevent exploits to get into the base as well as prevent camping/griefing. Apparently, people figured out how to re-exploit Crit charge.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So do the people who enter sewers from their base immediately die?
    If so that is pretty selfish and destructive.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if this will be addressed Monday?
    It would also be interesting if ZOS decided to double down and issue some permabans...
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »
    I wonder if this will be addressed Monday?
    It would also be interesting if ZOS decided to double down and issue some permabans...
    I hope they're banned. This is legitimate griefing. The only reason to do it is to be a jerk.
    Edited by zyk on September 8, 2019 7:57PM
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Griefing in PVP is generally OK. Childish and unsportsmanlike, but fine when it comes to rules and regulations within the game world.

Exploiting for the express purpose of griefing is probably a ban worthy offense.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    Griefing in PVP is generally OK. Childish and unsportsmanlike, but fine when it comes to rules and regulations within the game world.

Exploiting for the express purpose of griefing is probably a ban worthy offense.

Well to me feeling grief doesn't mean one was griefed and intending to cause grief within the rules isn't griefing. There has to be another dimension to it like breaking the rules via an exploit or actual harassment.

Like I thought the door camping during the Cyro events was fine. I didn't like it, but I think it's completely legitimate to ambush players there.

In this case, it's pretty obvious that opposition players aren't supposed to be there. If you need a gap closer to access an area, you're not supposed to be there. It's obviously supposed to grant an advantage to players leaving their base to minimize base camping.

It's the kind of crapulance that makes me feel like an ass for defending pvp players. There's already so many squishies in IC to gank, why even sink that low?
  • chris211
    chris211
    ✭✭✭✭
    LegacyDM wrote: »
    48698039437_9a1f577a21_b.jpg [edited title]

GOD BLESS
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sad part is that this will reinforce the idea that "PvP players are evil" in the minds of many.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Eirinin
    Eirinin
    ✭✭✭✭
    The sad part is that this will reinforce the idea that "PvP players are evil" in the minds of many.

This weekend on these boards has seemed to divide pvpers and pvers further than ever. Each side is *sure* the other are all vile bullies who have no valid points, or entitled wimps without valid points.
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler just making super sure you see this.
  • Muskrap
    Muskrap
    ✭✭✭
    You all realize noone actually spawns here right? they have to enter through the main gate, when theres more than a few different ways to get into the sewers. Dont report other people for not having foresight
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Muskrap wrote: »
    You all realize noone actually spawns here right? they have to enter through the main gate, when theres more than a few different ways to get into the sewers. Dont report other people for not having foresight

You do realize that exploiting a skill that has been purposely disabled, is grounds for reporting right? Especially, when the individuals doing it are veterans to the game and know better. I didn't name and shame but I know the 3 reds in the picture and I know they know better. And clearly are doing it knowing full well that their actions are not intended within the game design. Let's not grief the newcomers and at least give them a chance so people can actually enjoy their game play, fairly.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Evil is not the word. Toxic. 99% of the pvp players in this game are tea-bagging toxic elitist. I'm sure they are nice people in real life but when they enter pvp it's like a messed up behavioral switch gets flipped on in their head. Mob mentality and the idea of being able to let loose in a video game with no code of conduct comes out. Maybe it's a stress reliever or maybe they do it to make up for a lack of confidence in rl to feel better. Who knows but it diffenetly is disturbing to know that so many people behave this way under the guise of anominity. This is the future of America folks. Our best and brightest.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eirinin wrote: »

Evil is not the word. Toxic. 99% of the pvp players in this game are tea-bagging toxic elitist. I'm sure they are nice people in real life but when they enter pvp it's like a messed up behavioral switch gets flipped on in their head. Mob mentality and the idea of being able to let loose in a video game with no code of conduct comes out. Maybe it's a stress reliever or maybe they do it to make up for a lack of confidence in rl to feel better. Who knows but it diffenetly is disturbing to know that so many people behave this way under the guise of anominity. This is the future of America folks. Our best and brightest.

No country for old men.
  • Skorro
    Skorro
    ✭✭✭✭

And 87% of all stats are made up on the spot...
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Evil is not the word. Toxic. 99% of the pvp players in this game are tea-bagging toxic elitist.

Neither evil nor toxic. Its sick.

In real life those people who kill for fun are the worst the police has to deal with. It is not esports like soccer online or mortal combat tournaments or the omaha beach simulation from wolfenstein. Some are violent to very brutal but with a goal.

I remember times in open pvp worlds where i could harvest/PvE for hours without getting attacked. Why ? Because it made no sense. Some RP'ed a murderer but those have been on the KoS list of every guild and payed for theri RP'ing. There have been guilds on war or faction fights over rare crafter resources. It always made sense. And the (common) sense is gone.
  • Starshadw
    Starshadw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Muskrap wrote: »

Foresight has nothing to do with it. Enemy players are not supposed to be able to get up there. Wait down below for people to drop off? Sure. But they are not supposed to be able to be up at that door. Each faction is supposed to be able to have a safe means of getting into the sewers from their base. Which means that anyone engaging in this behavior is cheating, pure and simple.
  • Sureshawt
    Sureshawt
    ✭✭✭✭

Like someone else pointed out you are just pulling this 99% statistic out of thin air. From my experience it does happen a lot but the tea baggers are a still a minority. Also generally I usually find them to be among the worst skilled players in the game and apparently compensating for it with childish behavior.

Edited by Sureshawt on September 9, 2019 6:46PM
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The majority of pvp players don’t support this, and in fact are disgusted. The players exploiting this aren’t PvPers, they are opportunists. They are the same people who exploit in pve and laugh when people who got achievements the hard way get upset. They are the players who got Emperor by trading on empty event campaigns instead of earning it legitimately. They are the type of player who scams buyers in zone and trolls trader bids.

Let’s not make this more of a pvp vs. pve conversation, let’s recognize these players for what they are: jackholes.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • TheFamousMockingbird
    I have run into this issue every time I enter the sewers during the event. The main culprit is DK leap which allows them to jump up to targets on platform. The odd part was that I also ran into a warden on the platform. No clue how he got up there. Maybe Natures Grasp. This warden was using frozen gate on the lower secondary sewer entrance and pulling unsuspecting AD up on to the platform. In all it’s a lame tactic and you are dead before you zone into the sewers. At least other entrances give you the purple invulnerability while you zone in.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    Let’s not make this more of a pvp vs. pve conversation, let’s recognize these players for what they are: jackholes.
    It's a sign of the times. There have always been jerks in the world, but I don't recall a time when there were so many overtly shameless jerks in society as a whole. Look at contemporary western politics is evidence of this; if you the people of 5 years ago of the world today, no one would believe you. It's the age of the shameless dbagg.
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sureshawt wrote: »

Like someone else pointed out you are just pulling this 99% statistic out of thin air. From my experience it does happen a lot but the tea baggers are a still a minority. Also generally I usually find them to be among the worst skilled players in the game and apparently compensating for it with childish behavior.

Skorro wrote: »

Bravo. Let’s attack my stats rather than the toxic behavior. Nice distraction. It happens to me 99% of the time if I lose either in 1v1 or small group play. Just my experience. Your may vary but we can agree on one thing. Toxic behavior is bad for the game and community.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have run into this issue every time I enter the sewers during the event. The main culprit is DK leap which allows them to jump up to targets on platform. The odd part was that I also ran into a warden on the platform. No clue how he got up there. Maybe Natures Grasp. This warden was using frozen gate on the lower secondary sewer entrance and pulling unsuspecting AD up on to the platform. In all it’s a lame tactic and you are dead before you zone into the sewers. At least other entrances give you the purple invulnerability while you zone in.

Crit charge. I saw them use it to zip cloud walk right up to the platform.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
  • Skorro
    Skorro
    ✭✭✭✭

Bravo. Let’s attack my stats rather than the toxic behavior. Nice distraction. It happens to me 99% of the time if I lose either in 1v1 or small group play. Just my experience. Your may vary but we can agree on one thing. Toxic behavior is bad for the game and community.

I'm not down-playing toxicity - if it really happens to you that often, that's genuinely sh!tty and I feel for you, maybe just try out a chill guild or so?

I attack your stats because the forums scare new peeps - almost every thread in regards to dungeon or pvp, lots of people say "this is why I don't group" or something similar. Yes you get *** out there - no denying. I was so freaked out to do my first dungeon because of forums - but most runs are really chill with nice folks. Same with pvp - got a whisper, said i was new and dude spent like 30min chatting to me about basics.

All I say is don't write off a whole community for a few assh0les :)
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not down-playing toxicity - if it really happens to you that often, that's genuinely sh!tty and I feel for you, maybe just try out a chill guild or so?

I attack your stats because the forums scare new peeps - almost every thread in regards to dungeon or pvp, lots of people say "this is why I don't group" or something similar. Yes you get *** out there - no denying. I was so freaked out to do my first dungeon because of forums - but most runs are really chill with nice folks. Same with pvp - got a whisper, said i was new and dude spent like 30min chatting to me about basics.

All I say is don't write off a whole community for a few assh0les :)

Maybe it’s my time zone I play in the middle of the
    Night est when the servers are low pop and everyone recognizes everyone’s name. I’ve never had any issues with the pve community, just the hardcore pvp community, elitists guilds, and certain streamers are Just a holes and those are the people I encounter all the time. not the hapless noob running in a Zerg during peak hours. Been playing since 2014. I’m pretty jaded about the pvp community. It’s toxic.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage