Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templar Lag (FPS drop)

• Thanatos_inside
    Thanatos_inside
    ✭✭✭
    Got this problem on stamplar and magplar when i slow down people/ ping becomes 999 and 0 - 2 fps. Got this problem only on plars and no my pc is not claculator its strong.
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

This is a major issue. I can confirm the bug comes from having extended ritual down in a fight with several enemies. It renders the game completely unplayable.

Would you be so kind to give us a short reaction that you are looking into it?
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • Tinnumeril
    Tinnumeril
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm this happening on my templar. I hope this gets a high priority and will be resolved next Monday!
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tinnumeril wrote: »
    I can confirm this happening on my templar. I hope this gets a high priority and will be resolved next Monday!

I don’t even think they’ve acknowledged it.
  • Tinnumeril
    Tinnumeril
    ✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Tinnumeril wrote: »

I don’t even think they’ve acknowledged it.

The second part was obviously sardonic ;)
  • Ethardt
    Ethardt
    ✭✭✭
    still nothing...
    REMOVE FACTION LOCK
    PC/EU
    twitch.tv/ethardt
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ethardt wrote: »
    still nothing...

It's disheartening....but not surprising.
  • r_j
    r_j
    Soul Shriven
    it just, works?
  • Tattooo
    Tattooo
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno FIX UR GAME
    I AM INNOCENT
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tattooo wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno FIX UR GAME

To be fair, it's not @ZOS_GinaBruno fault or her decision to fix it. But help passing it to those who can would be great.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Posted another thread with video examples. If you all have more short video clips just so we can show them were not making this up lol. This really sucks especially during the IC event.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/492465/templar-fps-drop-stutter-w-video#latest
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is so *** up. To paraphrase the title of a recent thread it makes me want to stick my fingers into my skull through my eyeballs and swirl my brains around. Seriously ZOS this *** needs to be fixed on Monday.

A number of people confirm it’s caused by the Sacred Ground passive. Please fix.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler
    Edited by Vapirko on September 6, 2019 1:59PM
  • rudvil
    rudvil
    ✭✭
    Have same lags on DK tank, in dungeons/trials even without templar in party, fps dropping to 1-2 fps ping increasing to 999+ in combat, outside combat everything is fine, lol...
    This issue begins after scalebreaker release...
  • RealPhoenix
    RealPhoenix
    ✭✭✭
    Please fix this bug. This is soooo annoying. Its literally impossible to play for more than 15 min without getting this bug on Stamplar.
    PC EU - @RealPhoenix | Cyrodiil´s FIST | 1500 CP | Dedicated PvP Player | 36k Achievement Points
  • fakingfocused
    fakingfocused
    ✭✭✭
    Yea this has been driving me crazy on my Stamplar main for quite some time now. I was changing sets, trying to rework rotations, because I would previously be very competitive in Bgs, until all of this. It does help to know it's not just me anymore. I've deleted and reinstalled over and over, done harddrive defrags, nothing would help.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea this has been driving me crazy on my Stamplar main for quite some time now. I was changing sets, trying to rework rotations, because I would previously be very competitive in Bgs, until all of this. It does help to know it's not just me anymore. I've deleted and reinstalled over and over, done harddrive defrags, nothing would help.

There’s nothing you can do, I’ve tried everything that could possibly be recommended. And to top it off Templars are not a focus in the upcoming class changes for update 24 so I’m not sure how likely it is that they’ll even be looking at them.
  • rudvil
    rudvil
    ✭✭
    rudvil wrote: »
    Have same lags on DK tank, in dungeons/trials even without templar in party, fps dropping to 1-2 fps ping increasing to 999+ in combat, outside combat everything is fine, lol...
    This issue begins after scalebreaker release...

nevermind... it was "Action Duration Reminder", after disabling this addon, i dont have anymore FPS drops and ping increasing
  • Ethardt
    Ethardt
    ✭✭✭

Edited by Ethardt on September 10, 2019 3:30PM
    REMOVE FACTION LOCK
    PC/EU
    twitch.tv/ethardt
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So @ZOS_GinaBruno is your team investigating? Caltrops slow cause the same issues, and so does warden's sleet but both with lesser impact.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Berenhir wrote: »
    So @ZOS_GinaBruno is your team investigating? Caltrops slow cause the same issues, and so does warden's sleet but both with lesser impact.

@Berenhir try disabling Action Duration Reminder if you’re using it. That might help. Rolling it back to an older version may as well. Let me know. It helps Templar to an extent.
  • Alucu
    Alucu
    ✭✭✭
    Healers or templars in general, has anyone tried to switch off incoming and outgoing text in combat? Seems to help with the issues of framerate drops, testing but not sure yet, can you try and let me know what happens?

lwwapqdjmzwv.png
    Building communities since 2017

Para los Jugadores Hispanos: LA FUNDACION GM
    For advanced PvE: DRAGON VOID Officer
    For advanced PvP: PROJECT NOVA Member
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucu wrote: »
    Healers or templars in general, has anyone tried to switch off incoming and outgoing text in combat? Seems to help with the issues of framerate drops, testing but not sure yet, can you try and let me know what happens?

lwwapqdjmzwv.png

Personally that doesn’t have much effect for me. At lest as far as outgoing damage and incoming healing goes.
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happening on console too...
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last night after the patch, I was dropping framerates massively in fights and I've never had that before. Was on my templar but usually am. Not sure if it's related to this and something in the patch made it worse or my graphics card is going out or something.
  • Ethardt
    Ethardt
    ✭✭✭
    Update:

I play without addons and the bug does not show up.

If you use "action duration reminder" or other combat addons, try to turn them off.
    REMOVE FACTION LOCK
    PC/EU
    twitch.tv/ethardt
  • Cloudor
    Cloudor
    ✭✭
    I am the author of Action Duration Reminder. I'm very sorry for the troubles brought to everyone. It seems this issue has been resolved in the latest version 3.3.2.
    If you still has any troubles with Action Duration Reminder, please leave a comment at https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1536-ActionDurationReminder.html#comments

Good Luck to all
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cloudor wrote: »
    I am the author of Action Duration Reminder. I'm very sorry for the troubles brought to everyone. It seems this issue has been resolved in the latest version 3.3.2.
    If you still has any troubles with Action Duration Reminder, please leave a comment at https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1536-ActionDurationReminder.html#comments

Good Luck to all

Hey, thanks for an awesome add on.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good Luck to all

Thank you! Now ZOS is gonna be like see guys, you didn’t shut off your addons, what did we tell you and we will never hear the end of it because this ONE time it was the addons.

@Cloudor it’s a LOT better than it was, the stuttering is gone. I do still seem to be getting FPS dips though and just in battles with a few people or NPCs. Between 10-20 FPS. I can’t say 100% that’s it’s still the addon but there does seem to be a bit of a difference. However it may also just be the way ritual functions. Cinbri mentioned it’s a calculation mess.
    Edited by Vapirko on September 14, 2019 11:57AM
  • Ethardt
    Ethardt
    ✭✭✭

Good Luck to all

Thank you! I test it today again.
    REMOVE FACTION LOCK
    PC/EU
    twitch.tv/ethardt