The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Templar FPS Drop/Stutter w/Video

Vapirko
Vapirko
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
This is really bad. It's rendering Templar (and imo more so Stamplar) almost unplayable. It's not just FPS drop as playing at 20-30fps is still doable its heavy stuttering. You'll see in the following video as Im screwing around outside Roe that when Ritual and or Rune is up (not sure which one is responsible for it) that Im getting terrible stutter. As soon as those skills drop off I go back to finishing off the NPC and there is no issue. Some have suggested that it's one of the passives in the line, I'd have to do much more thorough testing for that, but there is absolutely a problem and it really needs to be patched in with an incremental. This is not an acceptable state for this class to be in. Also I suppose I should add that I have a GTX1070 w/16GB of RAM and an i7 processor so this should not be an issue. Graphics are also turned way down. I’m on PC/NA.

https://youtu.be/-I8Xs5PpcG0

There is already a thread on this here but I wanted to post a vid. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/491482/templar-lag-fps-drop/p1

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_Gilliam

Updated examples, this is so *** terrible.

https://youtu.be/nkAoNGhQoT4

https://youtu.be/rtDSLl3_DUE
Edited by Vapirko on September 6, 2019 5:45AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you clarify if you are on NA or EU? Didn't see that in OP.
    I will attest having the same issues on my Stamplar. Magplar is similar and now HtD will consume magicka but not heal/activate in this sort of state.

Getting so tired of having to triple tap my skills to activate them. I feel like I have onset of OCD while playing Templar now.

"NO! I must press Button three times before moving to next button. Then press next button three times. Always THREE!"
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will attest having the same issues on my Stamplar. Magplar is similar and now HtD will consume magicka but not heal/activate in this sort of state.

Getting so tired of having to triple tap my skills to activate them. I feel like I have onset of OCD while playing Templar now.

"NO! I must press Button three times before moving to next button. Then press next button three times. Always THREE!"

PC/NA just wanted to give them a visual of it. It’s pretty bad. It also gets worse in about 20 min. The first fight might be okay but it quickly gets worse. Memory leak?
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

PC/NA just wanted to give them a visual of it. It’s pretty bad. It also gets worse in about 20 min. The first fight might be okay but it quickly gets worse. Memory leak?

I am on Xbox NA with an Xbox One X hardline ethernet 310mbs d/l, 20+ u/l, 55 average latency and 0 packet loss.

I will concur this is not as bad as it gets for me as well.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am on Xbox NA with an Xbox One X hardline ethernet 310mbs d/l, 20+ u/l, 55 average latency and 0 packet loss.

I don’t think it’s related to latency at all.
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is really bad. It's rendering Templar (and imo more so Stamplar) almost unplayable. It's not just FPS drop as playing at 20-30fps is still doable its heavy stuttering. You'll see in the following video as Im screwing around outside Roe that when Ritual and or Rune is up (not sure which one is responsible for it) that Im getting terrible stutter. As soon as those skills drop off I go back to finishing off the NPC and there is no issue. Some have suggested that it's one of the passives in the line, I'd have to do much more thorough testing for that, but there is absolutely a problem and it really needs to be patched in with an incremental. This is not an acceptable state for this class to be in. Also I suppose I should add that I have a GTX1070 w/16GB of RAM and an i7 processor so this should not be an issue. Graphics are also turned way down. I’m on PC/NA.

https://youtu.be/-I8Xs5PpcG0

There is already a thread on this here but I wanted to post a vid. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/491482/templar-lag-fps-drop/p1

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_Gilliam

I thought this is how the game played. Stamplar for 4 plus years.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be awesome to get a nod from the devs on this. It really sucks playing Stamplar rn.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Added new examples @ZOS_GinaBruno please please please pass this on. Its so bad.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also it’s apparently causing ping spikes as well. My brother is experiencing this FPS drop and then getting booted (we are not on the same network).
    Edited by Vapirko on September 6, 2019 8:23AM
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t think it’s related to latency at all.

It's not related to latency. It's a bug in the programming of the skill itself where the calculations create lag. I was referencing my network because ZOS has a history of blaming the client end of the network.
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is caused by the sacred ground passive, can confirm that. The stuttering immediately vanishes when you remove all points from sacred ground.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Berenhir wrote: »
    It is caused by the sacred ground passive, can confirm that. The stuttering immediately vanishes when you remove all points from sacred ground.

I might have to do that for now. I know it’s not ideal but at the same time it gets so bad after an hour or so that I just die anyway.
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugg rip sacred ground
    Berenhir wrote: »

"Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's amazing that the first report of this was made 2 months ago and it still hasn't been fixed. This is the literal definition of a game-breaking bug.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's amazing that the first report of this was made 2 months ago and it still hasn't been fixed. This is the literal definition of a game-breaking bug.

It definitely seems like some sort of memory leak. For me the first 30 min are okay but as I move into an hour it starts to hit bad. By 2 hours it’s unplayable.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’m leveling a stamplar right now, level 31, and avoiding these sacred ground passives. So far no fps issues, other than the same ones I see on all my toons, lol!

PS4/NA
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m leveling a stamplar right now, level 31, and avoiding these sacred ground passives. So far no fps issues, other than the same ones I see on all my toons, lol!

PS4/NA

If you’re just doing overland PvE it’s probably ok. I’ve only noticed the issue inn PvP. Can’t speak to dungeons and trials.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, even overland riding your mount in Elsweyr on PS4 gives terrible fps issues, so I’m not risking it.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Vapirko Someone in a discord said the issue is related to Action Duration Reminder so if you have that you might want to roll back to version 3.2.2 and see if that works.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heatnix90 wrote: »
    @Vapirko Someone in a discord said the issue is related to Action Duration Reminder so if you have that you might want to roll back to version 3.2.2 and see if that works.

I will look into this, try disabling and see if that help, thanks. Although @Cinbri says they’ve been documenting issues with this skill like for almost one year.

So rolling back did nothing for me. Disabling it helped a little bit but that skill line still seems to be causing some sort of memory leak or congestion for me. But at least I was able to play with the sacred ground passive enabled for a while. Again though after some time passed performance starts to degrade.
    Edited by Vapirko on September 9, 2019 6:32AM
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In PvE mTemplar hitting a lot of enemies with Sweeps, Crescent or Solar Barrage also cause micro stutters on hit. Blazing shield also feel it lags on explosion. Only Ritual of Retribution seem fine. No other class has that.
    Edited by robpr on September 9, 2019 8:50AM
  • Chuaznega
    Chuaznega
    ✭✭
    Hi, so I'm reposting this here. I was also having those problems and I decided to make a test and I deleted the files 'ShaderCache.cooked' and 'UserSettings.txt' under 'C:\Users\***Your PC Username***\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live' and after that I'm not having more issues.
    I'm not entirely sure if that is the thing that fixed it, but is what it seems.